PDA

View Full Version : went to a local gun show today

bassnbuck
01-19-2013, 10:54 PM
Buddy and I went to a gun show today. There were the normal high prices to extremely high prices. AR rifles from 850.00 to 3 thousand. 30 rd. clips up to $50.00 each. Lp primers $40.00 a thou. The best buy in the whole show was a baggie full of ''once fired primers" for only $5.00. [smilie=1:

RugerFan
01-19-2013, 11:42 PM
I went to a gun show today as well and made the mistake of going when it first opened. The place was PACKED like I have never seen before. It was extremely difficult to move around and see anything. I browsed the best I could and then left and came back towards the end of the day when there was a little more breathing room. And yes, black rifles and hi-cap mags were ridiculous. SKSs were going for $650+. Unbelievable!

wgr
01-20-2013, 12:02 AM
i went to a local gun show today. only saw 3000 primers military small rifle primers. 35 bucks a 10000.only about 6 pounds of powder.

bassnbuck
01-20-2013, 12:05 AM
Years ago, pre-Brady, I bought a sks for $62.00. I kept it about six months and sold it to a friend, for $62.00. His son became a deer slaying machine with that little gun, he got four the first year. Wish I would have bought a truck load at that price. lol

Gliden07
01-20-2013, 12:30 AM
Years ago, pre-Brady, I bought a sks for $62.00. I kept it about six months and sold it to a friend, for $62.00. His son became a deer slaying machine with that little gun, he got four the first year. Wish I would have bought a truck load at that price. lol

I bought one for about twice that. Use to be a fun Cheap gun to shoot!! At the prices there getting I should sell it and get me a S&W Model 41 for Bullseye shooting! Always wanted one of those!!

LUBEDUDE
01-20-2013, 01:47 AM
There was a gun show in my town as well. I stayed away. I knew it would just be a waste of time and money. And be just like Christmas at Walmart.

o6Patient
01-20-2013, 01:59 AM
It's gotten real sickening real fast.

WILCO
01-20-2013, 07:01 AM
It's gotten real sickening real fast.

Supply and demand. Wait until food prices skyrocket.

quack1
01-20-2013, 08:31 AM
Buddy and I went to a gunshow near Pittsburgh (Pa. Gun Collectors Association) yesterday. We got there about a half hour after it opened and there was a line at least 200 yards long waiting to get in, and the line wasn't single file, either. Asked a guy in line if the show got a late start, and he said the show was at capacity and they werent letting any people in until others left. We decided we didn't need anything bad enough to wait, probably hours, and turned around and went back home. Bet the vendors were making a killing, though.

WILCO
01-20-2013, 08:33 AM
Bet the vendors were making a killing, though.

Supply and demand. Love to hear of folks voting with their wallets.

cbrick
01-20-2013, 09:17 AM
Last weekend was our local gunshow. Place was busy but not real packed. They had a couple of tables of black guns but with little interest in them I didn't check out prices. There was zero in handloading, supplies or casting equipment which is what I went there looking for. I did buy a couple of rifle scopes, one was a great deal, the other not so much.

There were several tables of revolvers and one of them had an FA 7.5 inch 454 for $1500.00. I bought my last brand new one for $1200.00 and the last used one for $1000.00.

On the humor side was a completely factory stock rifle I stopped to check out marked as "Rare" for $1050.00, a bit beat up but not real bad. I didn't want to make a scene so I walked away without asking the guy just what is it about a Ruger 10/22 that makes it "Rare"?

Rick

Wayne Smith
01-20-2013, 09:22 AM
Hampton gun show this weekend. Drove by the exit on the way to our son's place to celebrate our grandson's first birthday. Exit was backed up onto the freeway. I was glad I had no need to be there.

Dale in Louisiana
01-20-2013, 11:17 AM
I was one of those horrible 'kitchen table' gun dealers in the eighties. I was getting ten-gun cases of Chicom SKS's for sixty bucks a gun in case lots, and a thousand rounds of ammo was sixty bucks. The UPS driver used to back up in my driveway to unload.

I often wonder where some of the guns I sold ended up. We had a lot of construction work in the area and I was selling by word of mouth: New SKS and two hundred rounds of ammo for a hundred and fifty bucks. I hope those guns are still making their owners happy.

dale in Louisiana

chambers
01-20-2013, 11:26 AM
Gun show in Wisconsin not much better. Place was at capacity and long lines outside in the morning. Big place but no room to move. Primers were $35-60.00/K, AR's $2K-3K, AR mags $ 30.00 to $60.00 each for 30 round, many tables had something to do with AR's. I was only looking for small items for reloading and only bought a set of reloading dies that are hard to find, only saw about dozen casting molds.

PatMarlin
01-20-2013, 11:42 AM
I was thinking about starting to do some shows and offer ROCKDock orders while you wait. Everything would be pre-made and I would set up a drill press so I could drill base plates for customers presses. Would be a different thing for a show.

Would be cool to have a bench top CNC to drill them out, but costly. What do you guys think?

bakrzdzn
01-20-2013, 11:49 AM
I went to the local show yesterday and there were 0 primers, no casting equipment, $40-60 ar Mag's, etc. First show in a long time, not a complete waste of time, saw a gunsmith friend and caught back up w/him.

smokemjoe
01-20-2013, 11:55 AM
One here also, didnt go, I hate to be in crowd and most are just lookers. Joe

sparky45
01-20-2013, 12:02 PM
I was thinking about starting to do some shows and offer ROCKDock orders while you wait. Everything would be pre-made and I would set up a drill press so I could drill base plates for customers presses. Would be a different thing for a show.

Would be cool to have a bench top CNC to drill them out, but costly. What do you guys think?

Super idea Pat; personally I am captivated by those types of demos and active displays. If you do something like that you better have at least one other person with you to help answer questions and do the paper work. I think it would be a killer "table/booth".

PatMarlin
01-20-2013, 12:31 PM
That's what I was thinking Sparky.

I always enjoyed watching engravers and other guys work their craft at shows. I think it would be fun.

Poygan
01-20-2013, 12:46 PM
A friend and I went to a gun show in Fond du Lac Wisconsin yesterday. Arrived about an hour after opening and there was a line about 100 feet long outside waiting to get in. After we got in the building we had to wait until others left as it was at capacity. I have never seen any gun show be so crowded! Yes, many prices were high but I did manage to find a two cavity 429348.
The lead is warming as I type.

dagger dog
01-20-2013, 12:55 PM
bassnbuck,
I got rebuild kits for those fired primers $1 per 100, I sell 'em on an exchange basis , so I'll need your cores, or have to charge you another $1 :bigsmyl2: