PDA

View Full Version : Search feature and RobS

Charlie Two Tracks
01-19-2013, 10:47 PM
I am not computer smart by a long shot. Awhile back, there was a post that I replied to about searching the forum. RobS replied to me and showed me on the page how to do an advanced search using Google. All this time I had been using the search feature at the top of the page when I tried to find something or was told to try a search and find some posts. That didn't seem to work real well. I am now using the Google advanced search and I can find all kinds of stuff. I was just wondering if we could put a sticky about how to use the Google search. It could save somebody a lot of time and hassle.
Thanks RobS. Your reply and picture of the search page (with highlights) has made my life a whole lot easier.:-D

runfiverun
01-20-2013, 12:18 AM
montana charlie recently worked up a search feature and i can't find that post either.
probably 2-3 pages back by now..
shoulda just saved it into the favorites the first time.

Bill*
01-20-2013, 12:25 AM
R5R.....Is this it?
http://www.google.com/cse/home?cx=001951264366462437169:ggn3vg-bjum

Charlie Two Tracks
01-20-2013, 09:57 AM
I just thought that if we had something stickied like that, then when a new guy (or whoever) was told to try to search for the info, they'd have a good tool to do it with. Maybe I was the last one to know how to do it.

dragonrider
01-20-2013, 10:36 AM
No your not the last. my search fu is lousy also.

runfiverun
01-20-2013, 03:17 PM
thank's bill.
it's saved this time.
i will say the search function is better now than it was.
i used to just go to google in a new tab, and it alway's just led me right back here but with a better match to what i wanted.
that's how i found this sight in the first place...:lol:

montana_charlie
01-20-2013, 04:12 PM
thank's bill.
it's saved this time.
Now that you have the Google page located, type continually DUKE NUKEM into the search box and you'll find the thread where I posted it, originally.

CM

runfiverun
01-20-2013, 05:18 PM
smiling to myself.....[smilie=1: