PDA

View Full Version : First snow

Jim
01-17-2013, 07:40 PM
We're in the middle of our first snow of the season and I shot a few photos.

A FRESH COAT (http://floydpics.wordpress.com/a-fresh-coat/)

chsparkman
01-17-2013, 07:43 PM
Nice. You're lucky. Looks like we got missed again.

41 mag fan
01-17-2013, 07:52 PM
Thats crazy seeings as we've had 3 snowstorms since Christmas night, and they've missed you!

runfiverun
01-17-2013, 07:54 PM
if ya wanted snow why didn't you say something.
i coulda sent some flat rate boxes full up in october.

Rick N Bama
01-18-2013, 07:17 AM
We got our first snow yesterday as well. After 10 straight days of rain the forecasters said that we were in for snow & as wet & warm as the ground was we would only see some on the grassy areas. As of later yesterday afternoon I had some 5" that stuck everywhere. Beautiful thing is that it'll probably all melt away today:)

It's not exactly this bad when we get snow, but you get the idea:)

Rick

fishnbob
01-18-2013, 04:44 PM
Good pictures Jim. I went out & filled all the feeders early in anticipation of it starting here about 5:00 pm or so. I put some mixed corn & sunflower seed on the dam of my pond and there were 7 gobblers on it by afternoon feeding up. It has been so long since I've taken photo's the batteries are probably corroded in the camera. Since I shoot less game maybe I should shoot more pictures.

Jim
01-18-2013, 05:53 PM
Rick, sounds like Charleston, SC!

Bob, we do the same thing. I hadn't been in the house 30 minutes from puttin' out sunflower seed and cracked corn when the deer showed up.

Smitty's Retired
01-18-2013, 07:09 PM
Good video Jim. We didn't hardly get squat in snow around my town. I also like the video with the young man doing the turkey calling.

Jim
01-19-2013, 09:41 AM
Good video Jim. We didn't hardly get squat in snow around my town. I also like the video with the young man doing the turkey calling.

Yeah, that young man is the talk of the local turkey hunters. Nobody can touch him. I understand he's quite a good shot, too. His Daddy told me he parked one at about 150 yards with a .17 HMR. As far as I'm concerned, that's dang good shootin'!

km101
01-19-2013, 11:26 AM
We got our first snow yesterday as well. After 10 straight days of rain the forecasters said that we were in for snow & as wet & warm as the ground was we would only see some on the grassy areas. As of later yesterday afternoon I had some 5" that stuck everywhere. Beautiful thing is that it'll probably all melt away today:)

It's not exactly this bad when we get snow, but you get the idea:)

Rick

I snowed her on Monday (about an inch) and it was just like this! People around here go CRAZY when it snows! But you guys are running late this year. We had snow for Christmas! Only the secont time I have seen that here in my lifetime! :)

Rick N Bama
01-19-2013, 01:06 PM
I snowed her on Monday (about an inch) and it was just like this! People around here go CRAZY when it snows! But you guys are running late this year. We had snow for Christmas! Only the secont time I have seen that here in my lifetime! :)

In my 65 years of living here we've had exactly one White Christmas which was 2 years ago.

Rick