PDA

View Full Version : 1st time, bought JPW, smells exactly like those tins of KIWI shoe polish/wax

3006mv
01-17-2013, 04:30 PM
do you think KIWI shoe polish is the same? don't have a tin of those around to read the ingredients. was planning on doing the 45/45/10. need to buy some mineral spirits still. do you think i can heat and mix and store in one of those little shoe polish tins? i don't do super bulk casting (have the 300aacBlk Lee mold) was planning on dipping rather than TLing.

edit sorry wrong forum, kinda new here, forgot about the lubing section

runfiverun
01-17-2013, 05:12 PM
probably same nuff in basic ingredients.
they are basically applied the same way.

44man
01-18-2013, 10:03 AM
Many TL lubes have ingredients that evaporate so I don't know about the tins.
I had half a bottle of mineral spirits on the shelf, went to use it and it was empty, factory bottle too.
The cap was tight but the stuff went bye-bye.

captaint
01-18-2013, 11:27 AM
I don't know about the JPW so much, although I do have some - but that Imperial Sizing Die Wax is a dead ringer for shoe polish. Works super too. Mike

303Guy
01-18-2013, 03:25 PM
I used to think JPW was a wax emulsion, then I read the ingredients of shoe polish after trying some and realized JPW would probably be the same sort of thing. Now I'm looking for some clear shoe polish - Kiwi brand. It's made from carnauba wax. The old tins did not have the ingredients but the one I bought recently does.