PDA

View Full Version : Good cast bullet vendors/manufacturers?

Triggernosis
01-17-2013, 08:23 AM
What are some good cast bullet manufacturers that I can buy already pre-cast bullets from?

tomf52
01-17-2013, 09:36 AM
I have always like Missouri and Penn bullets.

jmort
01-17-2013, 10:28 AM
For hunting or self-defense I would pick Beartooth over all others. There are so many good choices, Penn and Missouri as mentioned as well as Rim Rock (supplies Buffalo Bore), Oregon Trails Laser Cast (really nice), Carolina Cast (Vendor here I believe) Dardas Cast, Matts Bullets, Magnus, Meister, ... and so on. The only thing with some, Missouri etc is that they don't empahsize the meplat. I like big meplats.

Bullshop
01-17-2013, 11:37 AM
Bullshop
over 200 designs in stock to choose from
custom design
choice of alloy, bhn, diameter
several lubes to choose from
A true custom service
You wont find advertising because we dont need it. Word of mouth keeps us busy enough.
Should be a link at the bottom of my posts.

dverna
01-17-2013, 05:54 PM
I have had great dealings and bullets with Dardas in Michigan. I only use him for pistol bullets. I have fired hundreds at a time in the 9mm with no leading. He also offers different sized diameters on some bullets.

LaserCast (used for my .38's) are good but they are more expensive and I do not see any advantage to justify the higher cost.

onceabull
01-17-2013, 07:15 PM
I Expect everyone that's been reading here for a year or more,already knows how highly I rank Bullshop's boolits.. That said, if Dan doesn't have it, Jon at Western Bullets out of Missoula makes good stuff,as does Marshall Stanton (Beartooth)... Sometimes it isn't worth tooling up for a rifle that might not get shot 500 times in our time allotted,or a design is wanted that you will drop a C-note just on the mould..That's pretty much what happened here when it took me into the 7th decade to acquire a 405 W. ---Onceabull

jandbn
01-17-2013, 09:12 PM
If Bullshop is not an option for whatever reason, Montana Bullet Works (http://www.montanabulletworks.com/) carries a good assortment. I bought from Dave before I started casting as he used (and I believe still uses) LBT molds from Veral for the LBT style boolits. Dave offers other styles as well.

Cherokee
01-17-2013, 09:15 PM
I am most familiar with Penn Bullets and recommend them.

fcvan
01-17-2013, 09:35 PM
I get mine from 'Bonanza Boolit Company' (I own 5 acres in Bonanza, OR) and they get reloaded by the 'Colorado Cartridge Co-op' (my neighbor comes over and helps). Ok, I cast my own but every time I look at a finished cartridge I keep hearing the words 'you didn't build that.' If I ever have a misfire, I will 'blame Bush' as it has worked rather well for that other guy.

Sorry guys, couldn't contain myself :)

dale2242
01-18-2013, 06:14 AM
One of our own.
Carolina Cast Bullets.
Give Jerry a try.....dale

Triggernosis
01-18-2013, 08:21 AM
Thanks for the recommendations, gentlemen.

on1wheel01
01-18-2013, 08:29 PM
Or make your own and save tons of $$$$$$. That's what I do. I've got a few people that buy them from me also. Works out good