PDA

View Full Version : Big thanks to Miha and the .502 600gr hp/fp mold

The Black Pearl
01-15-2013, 12:14 AM
My first really custom mold and I am blown away!!! Took a bit to get it up to temp but once there it was dropping great Boolits. Thanks so much! Been reloading a few years just starting casting maybe 2 years ago but I can say this is such a high quality mold it's just amazing. I will be buying many more, we'll as many as the wifey lets me get away with lol! This site has been such a great resource for so much just had to say Thank You to Miha and Thank You to Castboolits!585205852158522

longbow
01-15-2013, 12:20 AM
Miha does do nice work doesn't he!

I am sure you will enjoy casting with that mould about as much as shooting.

Longbow

bosterr
01-15-2013, 08:25 AM
What gun/caliber are these to be used for? Nice!

The Black Pearl
01-15-2013, 10:19 AM
For me the Smith & Wesson 500 magnum

Dale53
01-15-2013, 10:38 AM
I have a number of Miha's moulds and feel extremely fortunate to have such quality available. You will find, if you pre-heat the mould on a hotplate, that warming it up is no longer a chore. An inexpensive hot plate can be had from a number of discount stores (I got mine at Walmart). I wouldn't be without a good hotplate. Take care to not overheat the mould (I set my hot plate so that it takes only one or two casts to have it up to heat. That way, I am sure that I am not going to overheat the mould and possibly cause it to warp. My hotplate has a solid steel surface. If the only hot plate you can find has a calrod surface, then you can lay an old circular saw blade on the top to even the heat out.

FWIW
Dale53

stubshaft
01-15-2013, 02:40 PM
Miha has always made me great molds. I try to stay away from the threads for group buys with his name on it, because it usually means me spending more money!

Ironduke
01-15-2013, 05:27 PM
I gotta have a set of those exact moulds. Those are just about perfect. Someone PM me with the contact info for the maker!! Those are awesome!! I nearly bought a mould for my 500, but it was ho-hum. This one is perfect!!!

Gibson
01-15-2013, 05:29 PM
Very nice!