PDA

View Full Version : Reloder 10X kernel size

Marlin Junky
01-14-2013, 05:44 PM
Anyone have a pic of Re10X or maybe a kernel size comparison to Re7?

Thanks,
MJ

KYCaster
01-14-2013, 10:21 PM
My cheap camera doesn't have the resolution to show the difference, so I'll try to describe it.

Both are extruded cylinders that appear to be the same diameter. The length of the cylinders vary quite a bit in both.

Re7.....at least 30% of the cylinders are very short, with the length about equal to the diameter. Most of the remainder have the length about 2X the dia., with a few longer.

10X.......The lengths are much more consistent, with about 75% having lengths from 2 to 3X the dia. Very few are shorter and some are longer.

These are both in the latest style of package, tall plastic can with 1 3/4" dia. cap.

An older can of Re7 (cardboard can with metal ends and pull-up plastic spout) looks completely different, with extrusions about the same diameter, but more irregular in diameter and shape.

They look so similar that I'd hesitate to make a visual ID without examples of both to compare.

Hope this helps.
Jerry

Marlin Junky
01-15-2013, 06:53 PM
My cheap camera doesn't have the resolution to show the difference, so I'll try to describe it.

Both are extruded cylinders that appear to be the same diameter. The length of the cylinders vary quite a bit in both.

Re7.....at least 30% of the cylinders are very short, with the length about equal to the diameter. Most of the remainder have the length about 2X the dia., with a few longer.

10X.......The lengths are much more consistent, with about 75% having lengths from 2 to 3X the dia. Very few are shorter and some are longer.

These are both in the latest style of package, tall plastic can with 1 3/4" dia. cap.

An older can of Re7 (cardboard can with metal ends and pull-up plastic spout) looks completely different, with extrusions about the same diameter, but more irregular in diameter and shape.

They look so similar that I'd hesitate to make a visual ID without examples of both to compare.

Hope this helps.
Jerry

Thanks very much Jerry... I decided to simply add to my stash of Re7 and allow the 10x to remain in Graf's warehouse. Hopefully I won't regret it, but buying five pounds (1#'ers were out-of-stock) of powder that I've never shot before is too frivolous for my current budget. For the record though, which one of the two (7 vs. 10x) meters better and how do you use the 10x?

MJ