PDA

View Full Version : I am being stalked and harassed by Montana Charlie continually.

Just Duke
01-13-2013, 04:32 PM
I'm not the only one. I'm here to learn and MC apparently has nothing better to do is follow people around the net and harang them with degrading comments.
This isn't the only place he does it. The Shiloh Forum feels his anger also.
For someone that supposedly has a ranch he sure spends an awful amount of time here offering destructive criticism.
From his post from what I see offers negative comments carefully constructed to stay JUST within the fringes of being banned and he knows it and plays it like a game with us as the pawn.
I see this as a place he can vent his anger toward individuals that are trying to learn all they can to sustain existence.
Many have briefed me in confidence and said they have never to this day he had never offered up a target or picture of his ventures. For all I know he is a 16 year old living in his mothers basement.
I personally feel that I contribute here and I have not been treated fairly by actions like these. I am not here for conflict and altercation.
I post this in open forum to ruminate with the peers I have looked up to for guidance and instruction and have graciously hand groomed me in my ventures over the last 6 years.

http://castboolits.gunloads.com/showthread.php?179099-Help-Identifying-WWII-Field-Gear-pic-included

Post #35
http://castboolits.gunloads.com/showthread.php?175612-Disarmament-from-a-Military-Standpoint

btroj
01-13-2013, 04:42 PM
So ignore him. I ignore many here and I don't mean with the ignore feature. I just don't pay attention to what they say.
Why would I care of a guy I have never met likes all I do or say?

I fail to see the big deal.

runfiverun
01-13-2013, 05:03 PM
cause it get's old and tiresome...
i enjoyed both of those threads b.t.w.

No_1
01-13-2013, 05:08 PM
Duke,

As you already know, we are only interested in what goes on in our forum since we cannot control what happens elsewhere. You have indicated Montana Charlie is stalking you and others. I see nothing from anyone else indicating they are being stalked by Montana Charlie. As far as you being stalked, I have read the 2 examples of "stalking" all I see is him being a bit rough around the edges BUT since you feel the need to make it public announcement so the rest of the board is informed then I feel the need to also make a public announcement to inform the members of our fine forum their options if they find themselves in the same position as you do.

1) Take it to a PM. If you feel you have been wronged by a member then send that member a PM and try to work it out. Most times we find it impossible to get a good feel for the real meaning of the words we read and find that further explanation can clear the muddy water.

2) Use the report button. This is the red triangle in the bottom left of the post. Clicking this button opens a new window that allows the reporter to input some data which gives staff members something to investigate. This notice shows up in the staff forum for staff member to review. We review then figure out what if anything needs to be done.

3) Use the ignore function. Using this function will allow you to "hide" all comments from those on your ignore list.

Hopefully this will help you and others if the situation ever arises again.

R.

Just Duke
01-13-2013, 05:15 PM
Duke,

2) Use the report button. This is the red triangle in the bottom left of the post. Clicking this button opens a new window that allows the reporter to input some data which gives staff members something to investigate. This notice shows up in the staff forum for staff member to review. We review then figure out what if anything needs to be done.

R.

Also harassing. I find his contact unbecoming. I periodically have PM'ed him and requested he stay off my posts without results hence I feel stalked.

I also was reprimanded for using the report button a couple years ago where I found 3 derogatory posts on a item I was trying to sell. I hit all three button with no clue of the out come until later I received a PM informing me that I should not have used it.
I have since taken heed to the warning not used it since.
I'm just a simple and kind man as most have seen via many phone conversations and still not real computer savvy.

Also yes my script as far as meaning goes is not on par with others but I continually strive to improve it hoping one day to parallel Kens script.

chrisw
01-13-2013, 05:31 PM
I'm sorry but this shows him that he is succeeding and reinforcing his behavior. Luckily MOST of us on here are good folk, that actually makes the few jerks stand out more- heck, it could be worse. At least its not rsilvers

No_1
01-13-2013, 05:32 PM
Not exactly true. [smilie=1: You have 230 post in the staff section, the latest report being 4-30-12 @ 3:08 PM, then more reports @2:53 PM, 2:35 PM and 2:34 PM. On 4-29-12 you reported a post @ 8:28 PM. On 4-1-12 you reported a post @4:23 PM. If I remember correctly you are active on many websites and judging by the amount of post in the staff section you are very familiar with those buttons and how the system works.....

Use the system as designed and stop trying to create a hostile environment.

I was reprimanded for using that button a couple years ago where I found 3 derogatory posts on a item I was trying to sell. I hit all three button with no clue of the out come until later I received a PM informing me that I should not have used it.
I have since taken heed to the warning after not used it since. I'm just a simple man and still not real computer savvy.

Lloyd Smale
01-14-2013, 07:19 AM
duke theres a few here and a few on about every site i frequent that love nothing more then making me look wrong too. I figure it comes with the territory. As most here know im a pretty opinionated guy and say exactly what i believe and dont pull punches. One thing you can about be guaranteed is that if you have an opinion theres allways someone with the total oposite opinion. theres also people who just cant stand being proven wrong (like me). My advice is to take a chill pill. Nothing anyone on here says causes me to miss an minute of sleep. As a matter of fact i get alot of amusment from the few who charge blindly into a post without thinking it out. Best way to deal with it is either to ignore him or show enough FACTS to show everyone else whos right and whos sucking wind in a polite kind way that doesnt lower you to there standards. Its not the moderators job to screen opinions that dont agree with yours or to police personal differnces unless they effect others on the fourm. I like it that way. Ive allways enjoyed fighting my own battles and never was one to ask for help.

WILCO
01-14-2013, 09:20 AM
I have your answer.

Step one: Become a Moderator.

Step two: Ban him.

btroj
01-14-2013, 09:53 AM
I agree entirely with Lloyd's answer.

Wilco, that is entirely the wrong answer. Gaining power solely to settle a grudge? Really?

Just Duke
01-14-2013, 10:00 AM
duke theres a few here and a few on about every site i frequent that love nothing more then making me look wrong too. I figure it comes with the territory. As most here know im a pretty opinionated guy and say exactly what i believe and dont pull punches. One thing you can about be guaranteed is that if you have an opinion theres allways someone with the total oposite opinion. theres also people who just cant stand being proven wrong (like me). My advice is to take a chill pill. Nothing anyone on here says causes me to miss an minute of sleep. As a matter of fact i get alot of amusment from the few who charge blindly into a post without thinking it out. Best way to deal with it is either to ignore him or show enough FACTS to show everyone else whos right and whos sucking wind in a polite kind way that doesnt lower you to there standards. Its not the moderators job to screen opinions that dont agree with yours or to police personal differnces unless they effect others on the fourm. I like it that way. Ive allways enjoyed fighting my own battles and never was one to ask for help.

I have some free time and follow most of your posts pretty well Lloyd seeing at the present I'm awaiting parts for the mindlessly simple projects I keep myself occupied with. I do see some that do target you for your political posture but I for one have never judged you for it. I am glad you have one instead of others outside our realm here, gravitating toward topics of conversation i.e. cast and crew of Melrose Place or UFC as my neighbors do.

Most here are also not aware that you reside in a hunting mecca. I watch you apply learned knowledge to real world application and find myself living vicariously through your, and others adventures. Your AO is teaming with wildlife and fish the wife and I found this out via our real-estate searches for a summer home. Most here are not as fortunate to live among such palette-able wildlife.
I know this first hand because we always Google Earth an item that was traded to another member and 98 percent of the time it gets shipped to a quaint suburban neighborhood.
The wife and I find you to be the "Real Deal" and look to you for your learned knowledge and real world application.
Others here might derive their entertainment by making you look wrong. I for one look to you as an authority.
Well here! Here's a some pics from the front yard of that home in Gladwin just south of you we sent you a link to while back.
At the present most here including myself just don't have the luxury you do Lloyd.
http://photos1.zillow.com/p_d/IS-b3977ew4fxwd.jpghttp://photos2.zillow.com/p_d/IS-1mzftb2aucf31.jpghttp://photos3.zillow.com/p_d/IS-b3977iu6o1ul.jpghttp://photos3.zillow.com/p_d/IS-b396yz1d3hp9.jpg

koehn,jim
01-14-2013, 11:01 AM
I do not know of your problem, but have never had a problem with Montana Charlie, and in fact he has been very helpfull with information on a project.

nhrifle
01-14-2013, 11:09 AM
Seriously guys, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5DmYLrxR0Y8

Guesser
01-14-2013, 11:10 AM
Who in ---- is Montana Charlie???

Love Life
01-14-2013, 12:05 PM
I look at it this way. We are a group of self sufficient people. We are also Alpha males within our homes and more than likely working relationships and that transfers to here at times. Myself and Montana Charlie have had our differences, but I have learned a ton from him. I have learned a ton from Duke, and the projects he has been/currently involved in blow my mind. I am opinionated as well, but I have been proven wrong several times, and while it stings, I have bettered myself because of it.

I hate to see you in a feud and hopefully it blows over because both of you bring a lot to the table and I would hate to see either of you go silent because of issues between you.

waksupi
01-14-2013, 12:33 PM
I have your answer.

Step one: Become a Moderator.

Step two: Ban him.

This is why we are careful in selecting staff members. We do not want this here. If one of us feels we may have a negative personal opinion on some one who has made a post that is over board, we report it to staff so others can look at it, and judge it fairly.

Jim
01-14-2013, 02:04 PM
This is why we are careful in selecting staff members. We do not want this here. If one of us feels we may have a negative personal opinion on some one who has made a post that is over board, we report it to staff so others can look at it, and judge it fairly.

Very mature & very wise.

hiram1
01-14-2013, 05:53 PM
The mod,s on here do a fine job and keep us in the know about a lot of things.and seem to be real good guys.and have a hard job in what they do. and when they pic a new mod they look for a good guy that will be fair and do a good job at it.So im just fat and happy with them

WILCO
01-14-2013, 06:14 PM
Wilco, that is entirely the wrong answer. Gaining power solely to settle a grudge? Really?

I've always had answers for most folks and every situation. Never made any claims they were the right ones. Like the time this one fella was a bellyaching about his wife..............

Nrut
01-15-2013, 01:05 AM
I just clicked on the two threads you linked to in your OP Duke..
I can't believe that you got upset at CM's replies..
Unbelievable in fact!

swheeler
01-15-2013, 03:30 AM
I read MT Charlies posts, what's the big deal? I actually find it more offensive you bringing this - uh stuff- up on open forum, that's what PMs are for.

Plinkster
01-15-2013, 05:04 AM
This being a public forum I find it more offensive that you would ask someone not to participate in a public domain discussion than either of the two cited examples of "stalking" or "harassment". And if those are the worst two you got, you should get out and shoot more my friend.

Bad Water Bill
01-15-2013, 06:27 AM
I read MT Charlies posts, what's the big deal? I actually find it more offensive you bringing this - uh stuff- up on open forum, that's what PMs are for.

Does it seem funny that this was posted in OUR TOWN? Why not in political where we can really say what we think of someone with such a thin skin.:twisted:

Alchemist
01-15-2013, 08:37 AM
:takinWiz:

Really? :roll:

Beekeeper
01-15-2013, 10:50 AM
Way to go Charlie!!!!!!!

beekeeper

montana_charlie
01-15-2013, 03:10 PM
November 2008 ...

So I fire up the pots today and thought I would give this ladle casting a try.
A shooter over on the Shiloh forum posted this little dipper casting video.

He is not a competition shooter, but has a long experience with BPCR shooting.
While not evident in the video, several things are (pretty much) guaranteed to be true.
- He is using an alloy that has no antimony.
- His bullets are shiney.
- His pot temperature is well below 800 degrees...maybe below 700.
- His main interest is bullet quality...not quantity.
- He has tried a bottom pour pot...with unsatisfactory results.
(I will attempt to verify these factors if you ask me to.)

http://s17.photobucket.com/albums/b67/Sharps110/BPCR%20SHOOTING%20RELOADING/?action=view¤t=CastingGoodBullets.flv
CM
Thanks a bunch for the video MC. That just confirms that I was doing my pouring right. I read on another forum where a fella uses a scale after the bullets drop out.

Two weeks ago ...

.Any chance we could have a knife forum here?
I REALLY like knives and sharp edges, but I see no reason for a knife dedicated section here.

Something must be wrong with the new forum software update. I had you on my ignore list for 5 years

There my fault. I fixed it. ;)

Now ...

I am being stalked and harassed by Montana Charlie continually.

... (wink!) ...

jcwit
01-15-2013, 03:22 PM
Charlie, you and I have not agreed on everything in the past, but I gotta admit that there is FUNNY!

1Shirt
01-15-2013, 04:01 PM
Yah, I go with Lloyd too!
1Shirt!

MattOrgan
01-15-2013, 05:13 PM
Duke you need to stop this. I find myself trying to live through you " vicariously" ? I'm not that computer "savvy"? You are all over the net posting photographs and selling stuff. Nothing less attractive in a man than brown nosing and whining. Oh, and prevaricating.

Montana Charlie? Prickly yes. Stalker and harasser no. Knowledgeable and dealings with him have been straightforward and frank. I was once stung by something he posted, a PM resolved it.

This is one of the best sites available, good place to learn, discuss, buy sell, and trade.
Lets keep it that way.

Matt Organ
Carlton, WA

No_1
01-15-2013, 05:26 PM
Alrighty now.....

Everyone involved has said their peace. Can we please move on?

montana_charlie
01-15-2013, 06:52 PM
Alrighty now.....

Everyone involved has said their peace. Can we please move on?
Yessir, I'm done.

But, for those who DON'T have me on their ignore list, here is a little something you may find useful.

It's a link to a customized Google search I created ... which searches this Cast Boolits site.
http://www.google.com/cse/home?cx=001951264366462437169:ggn3vg-bjum
You can save the link in a text file, create a shortcut on your Desktop, or stick it in Your Favorites ... whatever suits your need best.

I think you'll find it a bit more precise than the plain old forum search feature.

CM

starmac
01-15-2013, 06:56 PM
I used to just flip someone a quarter, and tell them to call someone that cares, buuuut there is no pay phones anymore, so I just don't know what to say. lol

No_1
01-15-2013, 06:57 PM
That is sweeeet! Thanks CM.

Yessir, I'm done.

But, for those who DON'T have me on their ignore list, here is a little something you may find useful.

It's a link to a Customized Google search I created ... which searches this Cast Boolits site.
You can save the link in a text file, create a shortcut on your Desktop, or stick it in Your Favorites ... whatever suits your need best.

I think you'll find it a bit more precise than the plain old forum search feature.

CM

Maven
01-15-2013, 07:13 PM
Works beautifully, CM. Thanks for doing that!

9.3X62AL
01-15-2013, 07:25 PM
OK, Charlie--THAT is one handy gadget! Many thanks for sharing that.

I like both Duke and Charlie a great deal. I'm sorry to see this matter occur at all.

onceabull
01-15-2013, 07:53 PM
9.3x62AL: I am shocked to see that you met that lady,too.... Onceabull

cbrick
01-15-2013, 08:37 PM
Nice . . .

Thanks Charlie. :mrgreen:

Rick

M-Tecs
01-15-2013, 08:53 PM
Very nice!!! Thanks MC

JesterGrin_1
01-15-2013, 09:18 PM
You know Duke that we all know that you do put up some good information from time to time but yet at other times your skin is so thin that I am surprised that your innards do not show lol.

And again this is an open forum of which one can not and will not be allowed to restrict others thoughts in any thread they so wish if done within the bounds of the forum guidelines.

Also by the way you also have your very own forum that you run as you like. So please by all means if you find the way things are run on this good forum of Cast Boolits not to your liking then you are free to leave.

But to be honest I do find many of your posts to be educational and even fun at times even if they are off beat now and then. ;).

btroj
01-15-2013, 09:47 PM
Lloyd and I have had some heated discussions in the past but I don't feel it hampers my ability to learn from his shooting experiences.
My beliefs are mine. I have no desire to feel that I hold mine any more dearly than Lloyd holds his. I would be disappointed in fact if I found this wasn't true.
All this means is that we are different people with different viewpoints. We also can either let this destroy us or we can admit we disagree and move on.

I prefer to move on. I am man enough to know I don't have all the answers or hold all the knowledge.

ShooterAZ
01-15-2013, 11:10 PM
Thanks Montana Charlie for that! I knew something useful might come of this. Please...... D.N. Grow a pair and get over it.

Lloyd Smale
01-16-2013, 06:42 AM
well said. big differnce in two men arguing then there is two kids. Believe it or not theres things a guy can learn even from arguments. Yes im very opinionated and like btoj will fight tooth and nail to justify them. Also like btof i dont have much use for a man who wont. Him and I have beat heads a few times but when the sun goes down hes still welcome at my fire!
Lloyd and I have had some heated discussions in the past but I don't feel it hampers my ability to learn from his shooting experiences.
My beliefs are mine. I have no desire to feel that I hold mine any more dearly than Lloyd holds his. I would be disappointed in fact if I found this wasn't true.
All this means is that we are different people with different viewpoints. We also can either let this destroy us or we can admit we disagree and move on.

I prefer to move on. I am man enough to know I don't have all the answers or hold all the knowledge.

500MAG
01-16-2013, 07:12 AM
Yessir, I'm done.

It's a link to a customized Google search I created ... which searches this Cast Boolits site.

CM
I almost gave up on this thread. Glad I didn't. Thanks MC

montana_charlie
01-16-2013, 01:17 PM
Aw geez, guys!
That Google searcher is just a feature that Google offers which I made use of a while back. It didn't take a genius to put it together, and it didn't cost me a dime.
I figured everybody would just try it out and let it ride ... with no need for all of the 'thank you' replies.

Now I feel like I have corrupted this thread bigtime, and diverted everybody off topic.
I fully expect to see a new thread about 'hijacks my threads, continually' (or something similar).
I should drop to one knee, bow my head, and apologize to D.N. - but being on his ignore list, he wouldn't hear me, anyway.

So, I won't. Instead, I'll just leave you all leaning on this particular 'gossip fence'. Bye ...

CM

Moonie
01-16-2013, 04:09 PM
The issue between men after an argument has less to do with the argument than it does ego.

leftiye
01-16-2013, 06:19 PM
I'm not the only one. I'm here to learn and MC apparently has nothing better to do is follow people around the net and harang them with degrading comments.
This isn't the only place he does it. The Shiloh Forum feels his anger also.
For someone that supposedly has a ranch he sure spends an awful amount of time here offering destructive criticism.
From his post from what I see offers negative comments carefully constructed to stay JUST within the fringes of being banned and he knows it and plays it like a game with us as the pawn.
I see this as a place he can vent his anger toward individuals that are trying to learn all they can to sustain existence.
Many have briefed me in confidence and said they have never to this day he had never offered up a target or picture of his ventures. For all I know he is a 16 year old living in his mothers basement.
I personally feel that I contribute here and I have not been treated fairly by actions like these. I am not here for conflict and altercation.
I post this in open forum to ruminate with the peers I have looked up to for guidance and instruction and have graciously hand groomed me in my ventures over the last 6 years.

http://castboolits.gunloads.com/showthread.php?179099-Help-Identifying-WWII-Field-Gear-pic-included

Post #35
http://castboolits.gunloads.com/showthread.php?175612-Disarmament-from-a-Military-Standpoint

Hey, he has good taste! Who better to stalk?

dromia
01-17-2013, 04:18 AM
Thanks for the Search Engine link Charlie.

I'm glad that something positive came out of this pathetic, sad and sorry thread.