PDA

View Full Version : My PMC 35 Rems came today!

The Dust Collector
07-09-2007, 05:23 PM
The order of 35 Remington cases of PMC manufacture came today from Graf & Sons. These are the most nicely packaged brass that I have gotten in many years. The cases came in styrofoam holders of 20 each, 10 to a case. These came in a box 13 1/4" lg X 6 3/4" w X 3 1/4" h factory packaged. With shipping, cost was $63.93. Each one is real pretty and new, I see no defects as I normally do with bulk Winchesters or Remington brass. For $29.99 per hundred they appear to be a good bargin. Time will tell! That's half the price the others are listed for.
I also stopped in at a Gander Mountain today and was totally shocked when I asked the know it all clerk for a can of IMR 3031. He told me some BS about how the war in Iraq had forced the price of powder and bullets up, so I had to ask before he rang up, how much is the powder? his reply, $31.99 a pound!!! What da #+ll ! No wonder the cabinet was so full. Last Monday I bought a pound of Reloder 7 from Sportsmans Warehouse for $18.75. Needless to say, I didn't buy it from Gander Mountain. I don't like to be gawged:holysheep
BTW: PMC stands for "PAN METAL CORPORATION" Los ANGELES, California Importer and Distributer

Buckshot
07-09-2007, 07:53 PM
..............If it has metal or chemicals (petroleum) in it it's going UP! Most of my 22RF rifles like Winchester Dynapoints. Wal-Mart used to sell them for $9.63/Brick (the ONLY reason I went into Wal-Mart). Dynapoints were supposed to be K-Mart's brand but they wanted $12.99 and I suppose due to K-Mart's lower volumn Olin Corp may have allowed Wal-Mart to have some.

In any event, the supply was always spotty at Wal-Mart. I finally bought a case at $9.63/brick. This was awile back. I was going to buy another case but Wal-mart doesn't have them, and K-Mart is charging $20/brick! That's a jump from $12.99 to $20 in about a year.

But speaking of 22RF's and gouging, just think of this: You can buy 1000 rounds of 22RF ammo CHEAPER then you can buy 1000 gas checks! Something just ain't right somewhere.

................Buckshot

felix
07-09-2007, 08:38 PM
Rick, I've read somewhere not long ago that there are over a Billion, that is with a "B", 22LRs made per day throughout the world. ... felix