PDA

View Full Version : I put the Optics back on the .44 mag!

km101
01-12-2013, 12:06 AM
Went to the range this afternoon and took several handguns to do some load work. I had a red dot on my .44 for some time and had just put the open sights back on it. I was going to shoot some 25 yard and 50 yard groups with it to test a couple of loads. It was amazing! At 50 yards those targets could hide completely! And at 25 yards they were very hard to find. I shot my .357 that has a scope and did OK, but the open sights on the .44 not working. I came home and put the red dot sight back on the .44 and then called the eye doctor for an appointment! Yep, optical sights from now on I guess.

DLCTEX
01-12-2013, 02:22 AM
Over forty syndrome. Most of mine was cured when I got new lens implants.

Just Duke
01-12-2013, 08:57 AM
Went to the range this afternoon and took several handguns to do some load work. I had a red dot on my .44 for some time and had just put the open sights back on it. I was going to shoot some 25 yard and 50 yard groups with it to test a couple of loads. It was amazing! At 50 yards those targets could hide completely! And at 25 yards they were very hard to find. I shot my .357 that has a scope and did OK, but the open sights on the .44 not working. I came home and put the red dot sight back on the .44 and then called the eye doctor for an appointment! Yep, optical sights from now on I guess.

Welcome to the old man club. The line starts behind me.

gray wolf
01-12-2013, 12:15 PM
Does it cost money to join this club ??
No matter, I vote myself an honorary member.
CSSGC Cant's see so good club

Mal Paso
01-12-2013, 12:29 PM
OMS - Old Man Syndrome. My 40 year old shooting buddy says I've gone over to the Dark Side but 2 weeks ago on the second shot I "chipped" a 25 yard golf ball back to 100 feet where the third shot drilled it dead center. Yoda can suck eggs.

Oh- 6" 629 with an Ultra Dot.