PDA

View Full Version : Good time at the range

Charlie Two Tracks
01-11-2013, 07:36 PM
I posted a few days ago about the range being messed up. I went out the next day and cleaned it up as best I could at the time. I went out this afternoon and a young guy was out there getting ready to leave. I noticed he had some reloads for his rifle and asked it he cast or not. He said he just reloaded and I told him about this site. He wrote it down and maybe he will show up. I fired my rounds and as I was getting ready to leave another young guy stopped by and was looking for brass. I asked him if the reloaded and cast and he also said he just reloaded. I told him about the site. It was good to see a couple of young guys interested in casting. The range looked real good also.:)

bayjoe
01-11-2013, 07:44 PM
It's a shame that some people don't respect the sport. We have people around here that shoot up back stop boards, leave trash and are just generally miserable. Pat yourself on the back for the cleanup

WILCO
01-11-2013, 07:45 PM
Pics? Always good to see a bit of heaven.

Charlie Two Tracks
01-11-2013, 08:05 PM
Sorry. The owner does not want pics taken of the range.

01-11-2013, 09:27 PM
Charlie,
Your good deed -- policing the range -- will not go unrewarded.

colt 357
01-12-2013, 02:39 AM
I to have picked up the ranges I go to. One time after a wind storm blowed over barrels and pappers all over. I grab one of the plastic barrels and was pulling it around the range picking up paper when one of the rangers stop and ask me not to shoot at the barrels. I told him that I was picking up the papers that was blowed over the range. He thanked me and said that I could moved the barrel where ever I wanted.
Then one time there was all kind of shotgun shell and I raked them into a pile with my foot and took a card board target to scoop them up. someone asked if I was reloading them. I answered no that I was just cleaning up range. What was nice was to see people at each bench one at a time start cleaning up around their bench.

WILCO
01-12-2013, 04:09 AM
Sorry. The owner does not want pics taken of the range.

Duly noted. Thank you.

41 mag fan
01-12-2013, 09:04 AM
One less bad stamp against the gunowner and shooter..Good job Charlie!

Charlie Two Tracks
01-12-2013, 10:56 AM
I was really pleased that I got to tell a couple of young guys about the fun of casting and the benefits for them in the future. One of the guys asked about where to get lead at. I told him--- on the other side of these targets. I have been going out to this range for over 40 years and have never seen anyone pick up lead. It is everywhere. Now that I'm retired, I may get some but I'll probably leave it for the guys in the future. I've got plenty myself.

farmallcrew
01-12-2013, 03:07 PM
Glad people are promoting casting and reloading. I'm always talking with people about it.