PDA

View Full Version : New kid in town

Bo1
01-10-2013, 06:13 PM
Just wanted to say hi.
Love this site, and looking forward to learning alot about casting my own boolits.
I will be asking lot's of questions.

Olevern
01-10-2013, 06:21 PM
Greetings and welcome in,
pull up a seat and sit awhile.
New to the site only or new to casting and reloading as well?
Either way, if you have interest in what we're about, you'll fit right in.
Stay away from the group buy area, unless you're well healed or able to resist temptation; otherwise you'll be on a 12 step program like me; "Hello, my name is vern, and I'm a cast-o-holic"

looking forward to your participation on the board.

blessings
vern

**oneshot**
01-10-2013, 08:16 PM
Welcome aboard!

Wayne Smith
01-10-2013, 09:20 PM
Hummh, think carefully where you are in your accumulation process. The group buy section can be very helpful to show you how available what you need really is! This, of course, needs to be carefully integrated with the available funds. If there is a wife in the process - well, forgiveness is easier than permission! When the boys left I fully outfitted my reloading room from eBay and the group buy section here.

Do I really need five presses? An argument could be made. Two lube sizing presses? Obviously, one for a BP lube and one for smokeless. Makes sense to me. Seven powder measures? Three scales? Well, maybe I did go a little overboard, but I had room to fill, too.

Welcome to the madness. I've been reloading since I was 16, am now 59, and have been here since '05 and Shooters.com before that. These folks, me included, definitely are encouragers.

waksupi
01-10-2013, 09:35 PM
Enablers, Wayne. The word is enablers! [smilie=1:

Welcome aboard!

Gar
01-10-2013, 10:02 PM
Welcome to the forum. Don't forget to read through the "stickies", there is a ton of information available there.
And of course, when all else fails . . . ask. It's not like we have opinions on anything. [smilie=1:

koehn,jim
01-10-2013, 11:31 PM
Welcome what are you casting for rifle or hand gun.

runfiverun
01-10-2013, 11:41 PM
wayne is an amateur when it comes to being a bit overboard. :lol:
welcome to the hmmm,,,,ummm... addiction,madness,lifelong foolishness.
eah it's fun.

Bad Water Bill
01-11-2013, 12:29 AM
Welcome to the greatest site on the internet. Pull up a chair AFTER you get your coffee mug filled.

No matter how old you are or how long you have been casting the learning NEVER stops.

By the way some locations previously mentioned do not appear till you have been a member 30 days and have 25 postings.

WILCO
01-11-2013, 08:30 AM
Welcome aboard!

Taylor
01-11-2013, 08:31 AM
glad your here.

Bo1
01-11-2013, 09:46 AM
Thank you for all of the welcome's.
I have only been reloading for about a year. A lot of pistol calibers, and quite a few rifle calibers. I went from being a practical gun collector, and knowing nothing about reloading, to having about 4 thousand dollars worth of reloading equipment, and supplies. I have almost exhausted my boolit supply, and figure it is time to move on to the next step. Plus as a bonus, I have my own room in the house now!!!
My wife already thinks I am obsessed with all of this stuff. I told her last night that I am going to start collecting wheel weights for boolits.
Now she just thinks I'm crazy.. Looking forward to talking to and learning everyone.

quilbilly
01-11-2013, 04:56 PM
You will be much easier for her to keep an eye on. Welcome aboard!

Wayne Smith
01-11-2013, 08:04 PM
Bo, as a Psychologist I can certify 'crazy'. You are not even close! LOML was concerned years ago, until I showed her the cost of new ammo vs the cost of what I was producing. Now she is not only understanding, she is encouraging!

bucklind2
01-11-2013, 11:33 PM
Just started myself! Welcome.

colt 357
01-12-2013, 02:55 AM
Welcome aboard!