PDA

View Full Version : helping a noobie

copdills
07-08-2007, 02:32 PM
does anyone have an old bullet casting books laying around not being used and would like to pass then on , I would really make good use of them, if so just give me a e- mail

Thanks alot copdills

NVcurmudgeon
07-08-2007, 07:10 PM
copdills, there is no such thing as an obsolete casting book. Many of us prowl the book dealer's tables at gun shows looking for old books that we don't have. Lyman Reloading Manual #48 has some cast boolit information, Lyman Cast bullet Manual #3 (1980) is still the latest and has a lot of good information. RCBS and NRA books are out of print, but valuable. If you join the Cast Bullet Association you get a bi-monthly magazine with a lot of good information and the CBA is or was giving a very useful cast bullet book written by a frequent poster here. Get one or several of these sources which are a good start, and which no doubt will suggest other questions to you. Your questions will be answered here by one or several of 3,000 casters. Welcome to our obsession.

copdills
07-09-2007, 09:07 AM
your right I can see how you would keep them for reference, I'll get one from midway usa next time I order

Thanks copdills

armoredman
07-09-2007, 11:31 AM
These guys are great for helping out us greenpeas!:-D :-D