PDA

View Full Version : Intersting Rust Test

Beau Cassidy
01-10-2013, 11:55 AM
I came across this and thought it was kinda neat. It looks like CLP and Eezox are pretty good rust inhibitors.

http://www.6mmbr.com/corrosiontest.html

warf73
01-11-2013, 06:26 AM
I use Eezox on all my guns, great stuff.

MtGun44
01-11-2013, 06:54 PM
Interesting test. Never heard of Eezox. When looking online some folks were touting Gunzilla. Never heard of
it either. Any comments on Eezox and/or Gunzilla.

Bill

DLCTEX
01-11-2013, 07:07 PM
I will watch for continuing comments.

uscra112
01-12-2013, 05:53 AM
I dunno about Gunzilla as a rust preventative, but I finally bought a bottle after months of urging from "friends". Wish I hadn't wasted my money. Doesn't clean powder residue as well as Ed's Red. Doesn't touch copper at all, and copper removal is the only reason I use anything commercial. It says "soap and water cleanup" on the bottle, which doesn't give me a warm and fuzzy feeling about it as a preservative for ferrous metals.

Eesox I know nothing about. I still have another full can of RIG to use up, and I know from years of experience that it works, so I probably won't run out and buy anything new.

Was given a test sample can of Corrosion-X at a machine tool trade show years ago. It protected some of my woodworking tools pretty well when they lived in a cold garage.

On external gun surfaces I have long been a fan of linseed oil for long term storage. Yeah, it takes time to remove, but not much. A rag and Ed's Red takes it off metal in a jiffy. Well, a jiffy and a half, maybe.

MtGun44
01-14-2013, 01:19 AM
So do we know if the tester is an employee of Eezeox or anything?

Bill

warf73
01-15-2013, 04:33 AM
I bought mine over 10 years ago (quart) and still have about half of it left. I've given small samples out to friends and family. I use it on my long term stored guns and heavy used guns. I hunt alot of ducks (when there is water)and use it on my duck guns which can get soaked threw from a rainy hunt.

Its not a cleaner per say its ment to cover the metal to protect it from rust, so don't buy it expecting it to clean powder or copper.

As for the link being part of Eezox no clue the first test I seen was done with 16penny nails in almost the same manor as in the link.

bpratl
01-15-2013, 07:19 AM
Do any stores carry it or is it an online purchase only?
I would like to give it a try as I live in a salt air environment.

warf73
01-16-2013, 03:06 AM
Never seen it any place but online threw them directly, might check around could be other places.

SP5315
01-16-2013, 03:37 AM
I'll keep using Eezox on my guns. I it works for me.