PDA

View Full Version : Call Me Funny,but.........

seagiant
01-09-2013, 08:14 PM
Hi,
I see that we now have a new red NRA sticker over our Avatar with our Handle. What I'm kind of curious about is why everyone on this site DOES NOT have the NRA sticker??????????????????????

Nocturnal Stumblebutt
01-09-2013, 08:17 PM
I agree, if it weren't for the NRA, anti-gun lobbies may have, among many other things, succeeded in convincing the EPA to ban lead boolits.

lead-1
01-09-2013, 08:28 PM
How did you get it put there?

Beagle333
01-09-2013, 08:35 PM
Yeah! I re-joined on the BassPro deal. Gimme a red sticker! 8-)

seagiant
01-09-2013, 08:41 PM
Hi,
I'm not a MOD. but go to top of page hit forum actions,then general settings then permission groups ,then NRA!

buyobuyo
01-09-2013, 08:44 PM
Hi,
I'm not a MOD. but go to top of page hit forum actions,then general settings then permission groups ,then NRA!

Beat me to it.

gon2shoot
01-09-2013, 09:27 PM
There ya go.

Beagle333
01-09-2013, 09:54 PM
Thanks!

2muchstuf
01-09-2013, 10:03 PM
NRA proud

fcvan
01-09-2013, 10:35 PM
Thanks for the heads up

lead-1
01-10-2013, 01:45 AM
Thank you.

uscra112
01-10-2013, 04:30 AM
Tell ya the truth, while I am an NRA member, I ain't too proud of it, given the half-baked advocacy they've done for us since Sandy Hook. I just sent another $50 to the Second Amendment Foundation, which doesn't waste 60% of my donation sending me tons of junk mail to get me to give more, or "endorse" high-priced hearing aid ripoffs. As far as I'm concerned, Wayne LaPierre as a public advocate for our cause is as miscast as Don Knotts would have been if he'd tried to play Winston Churchill.

I fear the future.

cbrick
01-10-2013, 10:45 AM
There is something like 100 million gun owners in America . . .

What I would like to know is why isn't there 100 million NRA members?

Rick

seagiant
01-10-2013, 11:31 AM
Hi,
Well...if you can't get someone on this site to join that actually goes shooting now and then. How do you expect some guy that keeps a .22 auto next to his socks "for peace of mind" to do it? I agree thou if we had some real membership then we might force some common sense. This post was really meant to preach to the the choir that not everyone here is singing!!!

joesig
01-10-2013, 11:53 AM
I'd also like to see an Avatar for the GOA and JPFO. I am a life member of all three.

carbine
01-10-2013, 01:17 PM
I am computer illiterate. How do you put up an avatar? Member since 1966

DonMountain
01-10-2013, 01:34 PM
What is a avatar?

nhrifle
01-10-2013, 01:36 PM
Hi,

Thank you! I was trying to figure out how to do that for awhile!

cbrick
01-10-2013, 01:40 PM
An avatar is the photo under your name on the left.

carbine, at the top of this page click on "Forum Actions", then click on "General Settings".

Scroll down the page about 1/4 of the way and on the left click on "Edit Avatar".

On this page you have the option to use a photo of your own or choose one from the list. You can use pic from your computer or from another web site.

Rick

milrifle
01-10-2013, 01:44 PM
Let's see if that worked.

Yep. It worked.

DonMountain
01-10-2013, 02:03 PM
So, does my response now have an avatar?

Sure enough! Showing some of my homemade reloading blocks.

DxieLandMan
01-10-2013, 02:09 PM
Got mine. I did not know about the box. Thank you!

Wayne Smith
01-10-2013, 09:58 PM
Now that I found the Life Member banner how do I get rid of the Member banner?

gray wolf
01-10-2013, 10:21 PM
I have to back them in spirit,
can anyone figure out why I am not a paid member ?

geargnasher
01-10-2013, 10:55 PM
Sam, do you want to fix that? I'll put up $5 toward an annual NRA membership for you if a few others here will back me up, and if we end up a few dollars over what it costs, donate it to the NRA too.

Choir, you're on the spot.

Gear

TCFAN
01-10-2013, 11:30 PM
I will also go 5.00 dollars for an annual membership for Sam.Let me know where to send it.............Terry

winelover
01-11-2013, 08:43 AM
There is something like 100 million gun owners in America . . .

What I would like to know is why isn't there 100 million NRA members?

Rick

Saw on the news, the other night, that NRA membership has risen 100,000 since the Newtown shooting.

Winelover

cbrick
01-11-2013, 08:57 AM
Saw on the news, the other night, that NRA membership has risen 100,000 since the Newtown shooting. Winelover

Let's hope that doesn't slow down for a good long time.

Rick

geargnasher
01-11-2013, 11:50 PM
Alright, that's ten bucks toward Sam's NRA membership. I'm starting a new thread, it's in "our town".

Gear

SP5315
01-12-2013, 12:26 AM
You can count me in for five.

Andrew Mason
01-12-2013, 12:37 AM
i couldnt find the life member banner

so unfortunatly i am just rocking the member banner

giz189
01-12-2013, 12:43 AM
I'd also like to see an Avatar for the GOA and JPFO. I am a life member of all three. I have heard of these two groups, but not what they have done in our defense. Can someone point me in the direction to see what these organizations have done to protect our rights. I would consider joing if I knew what they did.

Jack Stanley
01-12-2013, 08:54 AM
uscra112 , I think you stated the NRA position better than anyone I've ever known .

Jack

cbrick
01-12-2013, 09:15 AM
uscra112, I think you stated the NRA position better than anyone I've ever known. Jack

Since you feel that way ask yourself this. Where would we be RIGHT NOW if there were no NRA? Point to a single legit acheivemnet of the GOA on a national level. There could be some but I've not heard of it and I follow this stuff pretty close.

Rick

seagiant
01-12-2013, 11:01 AM
Hi,
I'm going to bump this back up to the top and say again. WHY dosen't everyone on this site belong to the NRA???? In case some of you people aren't figuring this out it is NOW OR NEVER!!! I'm actually ashamed to see familiar Handles on here that I've seen for years with no NRA banner! Sorry but this is your WAKE UP CALL!

fouronesix
01-12-2013, 11:06 AM
Actually I've been an NRA life member for years but have no desire to advertise personal info on any site.

cbrick
01-12-2013, 11:14 AM
Hi,
I'm going to bump this back up to the top and say again. WHY dosen't everyone on this site belong to the NRA???? In case some of you people aren't figuring this out it is NOW OR NEVER!!! I'm actually ashamed to see familiar Handles on here that I've seen for years with no NRA banner! Sorry but this is your WAKE UP CALL!

Pretty tough to argue with that.

Ask yourself this, where would we be RIGHT NOW if there were no NRA? Join the other groups if you wish but here is a fact that cannot be argued. RIGHT NOW you would not own a single legal firearm but for the NRA.

Yes, they do things I don't agree with but thank god for them anyway. It is not possible to have any organization that 100% agrees with 100% of the time. The best chance the NRA has is strength, their strength comes from numbers. The more members the stronger a voice they have.

Join the NRA now or you are part of the consequences. Simple as that like it or not.

Rick

uscra112
01-12-2013, 01:48 PM
Since you feel that way ask yourself this. Where would we be RIGHT NOW if there were no NRA? Point to a single legit acheivemnet of the GOA on a national level. There could be some but I've not heard of it and I follow this stuff pretty close.

Rick

Who mentioned GOA? My money goes to SAF. Look them up.

cbrick
01-12-2013, 02:33 PM
Who mentioned GOA? My money goes to SAF. Look them up.

That proves my point.

Look them up? If they are having all that much of an impact why would it be needed to "look them up"?

I'll say it again . . . If not for the efforts of the NRA RIGHT NOW TODAY you would not own a single legal firearm.

BTW, GOA was mentioned in this thread.

Rick

kir_kenix
01-12-2013, 02:44 PM
Thanks for the head up. Just checking to see if it worked...

seagiant
01-12-2013, 05:28 PM
Actually I've been an NRA life member for years but have no desire to advertise personal info on any site.
Hi,
Well, a man said once you don't light a lamp and hide it in the closet. You bring it out so all can benefit! If there was ever a time to express your right to keep and bear arms, it's now!

I'll Make Mine
01-12-2013, 06:08 PM
Okay, you can jeer and call me names all you like, but I'm not and never have been an NRA member, and I haven't the free funds to join now (I'd be taking food off the table to do so even next payday), even if I were certain they were the solution to the present crisis (and I'm not). Talk about the slippery slope and so forth, but defending my right to own things I can't afford doesn't seem like good use of my tiny budget; the only semi-auto I own with as much as a ten round magazine is the .22 rifle I bought a few weeks ago specifically for Appleseed. I am a member of RWVA, though I bought in mainly to take advantage of their (now sunsetting) Rifleman Opportunity Card, which lets me re-attend Applseed events for free until I shoot Rifleman score or my membership expires (July 2013).

One needs to recall that not everyone has fifty guns in five safes, can afford to buy ammunition and components on impulse, or even can afford to shoot regularly (60 miles each way and $10/hr per person for the nearest range where I can shoot a high power rifle). Rights don't matter as much to those who can't afford to exercise them. If I have to choose between ammunition or components and NRA membership, shooting wins. No one in Congress is after my six inch revolver, 7-shot .380, or bolt action, 5-shot rifle in any case -- at least not until someone kills twenty people with one of them.

cbrick
01-12-2013, 06:56 PM
but defending my right to own things I can't afford doesn't seem like good use of my tiny budget;

That's not even close to what is being defended. The Constitution and everyones rights are being defended. If they get way with slicing up the second Ammendment with the swipe of a pen they can and will do it with all rights. Whether you can afford a certain type of gun or not has zero to do with it.

Rights don't matter as much to those who can't afford to exercise them.

Correct. Rights don't matter . . . . Right up until you don't have rights.

No one in Congress is after my six inch revolver, 7-shot .380, or bolt action, 5-shot rifle in any case -- at least not until someone kills twenty people with one of them.

Correct again. Just keep telling yourself that over and over and over.

Not being able to afford the membership is perfectly understandable. For a good part of my younger days I couldn't afford most things I would have liked to have including NRA membership. Your excuses however are the most ill thought out lame nonesense I've ever heard.

Rick

seagiant
01-12-2013, 08:59 PM
Your excuses however are the most ill thought out lame nonesense I've ever heard.

Rick
Hi,
I heard that,apathy will kill you everytime!

Ok,here's a membership for $20 http://castboolits.gunloads.com/showthread.php?178974-NRA-membership

uscra112
01-13-2013, 12:28 AM
That proves my point.

Look them up? If they are having all that much of an impact why would it be needed to "look them up"?

I'll say it again . . . If not for the efforts of the NRA RIGHT NOW TODAY you would not own a single legal firearm.

BTW, GOA was mentioned in this thread.

Rick

Bashing the GOA is a red herring. I agree it's a non-entity in this fight.

I'm suggesting you do your own research, because you wouldn't believe me otherwise.

Who was lead plaintiff on Heller? Not the NRA.

Who fought and won the McDonald (Illinois) Concealed Carry suit? Not the NRA.

Look at the SAF list of lawsuits filed, (and mostly won): http://www.saf.org/ In how many was the NRA even a co-plaintiff?

15 minutes long, but worth a listen:
http://hawaiiccw.com/news/alan-gura-gun-rights-conference-north-carolina/

Hoping for a friendly discussion here, not a flame war, but I do feel that while the NRA is grabbing for and getting all the media attention, the SAF and Alan Gura are doing most of the work. Most of us have limited funds with which to support our rights, and I suggest putting it on the horse that's actually winning the races.

Phil

I'll Make Mine
01-13-2013, 02:33 AM
The Constitution and everyones rights are being defended.

Really? I don't see anyone defending the 10th amendment (which effectively went out the window in the 1970s), the 4th amendment (warrantless wiretapping, in the name of national security?), heck even the first amendment is looking pretty sickly these days (don't believe me, try exercising your free speech by calling the President names at a political function). The second amendment is not, by far, the most abused part of the Bill of Rights (though you can argue that it's the second most important, if not the most).

Correct. Rights don't matter . . . . Right up until you don't have rights.

Look around. We're already there in a bunch of important ways.

Not being able to afford the membership is perfectly understandable. For a good part of my younger days I couldn't afford most things I would have liked to have including NRA membership. Your excuses however are the most ill thought out lame nonesense I've ever heard.

Could be. Bottom line is, those who have the resources can defend their rights. Those who don't, can't. BTW, I'm not in my younger days; I'm past fifty, working a part time job because I couldn't find a full time when I needed one and don't have the energy and time to hunt for work when I'm already working (and haven't seen much offered in the last few years anyway); my employer gives full time only for management (salaried exempt -- work 50, 60, or 70 hours a week and get paid for 40, and then give up two paychecks a year -- 24 checks with 80 hours pay does not equal 2080 hours). I just had my hours reduced by 20% because my employer doesn't want to pay benefits under Obamacare, and next year I'll have to buy my own health insurance without any increase in my barely-getting-by paychecks (I figure I'll have to give up my cell phone plan and my TV/internet service to cover the cost).

Maybe this is part of the agenda; to reduce the vast majority of American workers to the point they can't afford food, never mind have any time, energy, or thought to spare for their rights. If it is, we're twenty or thirty years too late rising up. If not, it's just a happy accident for those seeking to disarm and subjugate the people.

220swiftfn
01-13-2013, 04:36 AM
Now that I found the Life Member banner how do I get rid of the Member banner?

Further down in the "edit profile" tab there's a list of the groups that you joined..... there's an "unjoin" button there.......

Dan

220swiftfn
01-13-2013, 04:39 AM
i couldnt find the life member banner

so unfortunatly i am just rocking the member banner

Should have been right above the member banner......... I'm just not too sure about

<------------- this one being BLUE..........

Dan

220swiftfn
01-13-2013, 04:44 AM

Sorry that you felt that way about a person being "incognito". I've been a yearly for a VERY long time, now a Life, and to be completely honest, I didn't even know about the "banners" until you said something about it........

<---------- So I fixed it for you....... :mrgreen:

Dan

220swiftfn
01-13-2013, 04:58 AM
Okay, you can jeer and call me names all you like, but I'm not and never have been an NRA member, and I haven't the free funds to join now (I'd be taking food off the table to do so even next payday), even if I were certain they were the solution to the present crisis (and I'm not). Talk about the slippery slope and so forth, but defending my right to own things I can't afford doesn't seem like good use of my tiny budget; the only semi-auto I own with as much as a ten round magazine is the .22 rifle I bought a few weeks ago specifically for Appleseed. I am a member of RWVA, though I bought in mainly to take advantage of their (now sunsetting) Rifleman Opportunity Card, which lets me re-attend Applseed events for free until I shoot Rifleman score or my membership expires (July 2013).

One needs to recall that not everyone has fifty guns in five safes, can afford to buy ammunition and components on impulse, or even can afford to shoot regularly (60 miles each way and $10/hr per person for the nearest range where I can shoot a high power rifle). Rights don't matter as much to those who can't afford to exercise them. If I have to choose between ammunition or components and NRA membership, shooting wins. No one in Congress is after my six inch revolver, 7-shot .380, or bolt action, 5-shot rifle in any case -- at least not until someone kills twenty people with one of them.

NRA membership right now (at $25 a year) is less than seven cents a day....... Seven cents a day that goes towards the second ammendment still being there when you're in the financial position to own the things they want to ban/confiscate..... Just seems like flawed thinking to me to not forego ONE box of 20 .380's for a year's membership. Add to that the deal that they have that is basically a FREE membership (you get a gift card for $25 to somewhere IIRC) and your stance REALLY doesn't make sense.......

Dan

10x
01-13-2013, 10:41 AM
I am from Canada. My money goes into Canadian gun organizations.
The Criminal Code in Canada was amended in 1995 to make possession of ALL firearms illegal.
The Firearms act in Canada allows the government to sell Canadians a "get out jail free card" called a gun license that allow limited possession of some guns
An elected politician can use either section 117 (or section 119) of the Canadian Firearms Act and ban any or all guns they desire with no check by our elected Members of Parliament.
We are one O.I.C. (order in council - same as a U.S. presidential order) from a total gun ban in Canada with no means to fight it in law, and a very convoluted way to fight using a constitutional argument.

seagiant
01-13-2013, 03:21 PM
I am from Canada. My money goes into Canadian gun organizations.
The Criminal Code in Canada was amended in 1995 to make possession of ALL firearms illegal.
The Firearms act in Canada allows the government to sell Canadians a "get out jail free card" called a gun license that allow limited possession of some guns
An elected politician can use either section 117 (or section 119) of the Canadian Firearms Act and ban any or all guns they desire with no check by our elected Members of Parliament.
We are one O.I.C. (order in council - same as a U.S. presidential order) from a total gun ban in Canada with no means to fight it in law, and a very convoluted way to fight using a constitutional argument.

Hi,
Well..It looks like were not far behind you in this country! I started this thread to try and get people to see and understand what we are dealing with here. One thing to remember is I am doing this to a group of people that actually own guns!!! If I can not get these people to understand the BIG threat our rights are under,how do we get the general populace to understand!

I'll Make Mine
01-13-2013, 04:28 PM
Just seems like flawed thinking to me to not forego ONE box of 20 .380's for a year's membership. Add to that the deal that they have that is basically a FREE membership (you get a gift card for $25 to somewhere IIRC) and your stance REALLY doesn't make sense.......

I haven't fired my .380 in twenty-plus years -- part of that time because I just wasn't in a situation where I could shoot, and more recently because I don't have money. Every dime of my shooting budget over the past two years has gone to buying and feeding my Mosin Nagant and Marlin 795, going to Appleseed to try to learn to shoot better, and range time. That $25 isn't a box of .380, it's a range trip, and I don't know if my range takes NRA gift cards. If I can't go to the range, what's the point of buying the .380 in the first place? Can't shoot it in my house...

220swiftfn
01-14-2013, 03:19 AM
I haven't fired my .380 in twenty-plus years -- part of that time because I just wasn't in a situation where I could shoot, and more recently because I don't have money. Every dime of my shooting budget over the past two years has gone to buying and feeding my Mosin Nagant and Marlin 795, going to Appleseed to try to learn to shoot better, and range time. That $25 isn't a box of .380, it's a range trip, and I don't know if my range takes NRA gift cards. If I can't go to the range, what's the point of buying the .380 in the first place? Can't shoot it in my house...

That being said, maybe you should be over HERE.........

http://castboolits.gunloads.com/showthread.php?178832-I-m-putting-my-money-where-my-mouth-is-will-you

Take a look at what's been going on in that thread, and realize that I'm not alone in the statement "I'd chip in to help".......

Dan

I'll Make Mine
01-14-2013, 02:57 PM
Take a look at what's been going on in that thread, and realize that I'm not alone in the statement "I'd chip in to help".......

I've seen that thread. I'm not after charity, and I'm honestly not certain NRA is the best organization to represent my interests in the gun control debate, regardless whether I can afford to join; I know even less about the Second Amendment Foundation and Gun Owners of America in terms of their history with Congress. I honestly don't think lobbying is going to be a great help in a society that appears, at the majority level, to have queued up for the chance to give up liberty for (false) security; since it's obvious the government has decided it's okay to ignore the Constitution (and not just the amendment we talk about most on a gun-oriented forum), I don't see what makes anyone think they'll kow-tow to "the will of the people" if it isn't in line with their goals.

As I've said on another thread, if they want to send BATF to my door to take away my guns, I'll hand them over peacefully -- because I know they aren't going to outlaw lumber, plumbing parts, and basic tools that I need to convert those items into weapons at need. A slingshot can serve the same purpose as the Liberty pistols...

jimb16
01-14-2013, 03:19 PM
Not a lifer, but I've been a member for over 30 yrs. Never could put the $ together at one time to be a lifer. Now I'm old enough that I don't see the return on doing it anymore. I doubt that I'll live long enough to "break even".

seagiant
01-14-2013, 04:50 PM
Not a lifer, but I've been a member for over 30 yrs. Never could put the $ together at one time to be a lifer. Now I'm old enough that I don't see the return on doing it anymore. I doubt that I'll live long enough to "break even".
Hi Jim,
Good reasoning, but I just got my Life Membership for $300 and started a thread here to tell people. If you figure to be around 9 more years you will "break even" I think! You won't have to re up every year either!

MikeS
01-14-2013, 06:47 PM
I've been a life member of the NRA for over 40 years. I've just this year (or last year now I guess) joined the JPFO. JPFO specifically says that they don't do anything political, but rather put their efforts into firearms education (education about our firearms rights, not firearms functioning, or shooting). I wish there was a banner for JPFO on this website, just like there is for the NRA, and GOA. One important thing JPFO does is let Jews know that it's alright to own firearms. For some reason American Jews seem to think that guns are un-Jewish (as if an inanimate object can have a religion!), and something only owned by Christians, and other non-Jews. While this was their original reason for forming, and continues to be a major thing for JPFO, they also support ANYONE that wants to know about firearm ownership. Some of their literature they've written really get right to the point of the second amendment, and does it in comic book format so that youngsters can understand the amendment as well as adults.

While talking about folks joining the NRA, perhaps the forum owner(s) here should look at getting a link to NRA membership. My local gun club is a 100% NRA club (must be an NRA member to be a club member), and right on the club's homepage there's a link to joining the NRA, and when folks use that link to join the club makes a few bucks too. Perhaps either Ken, or Willy can check into what would be required to get the website setup with a link that would bring in a few bucks, as well as make it easier for forum members to join. I don't know what would be required to setup such a link, but perhaps one of them could contact the NRA, and find out, after all, there's nothing wrong with the forum (either Castboolits, or Gunloads) making a few bucks (which could be used for server fees, or whatever they want), it doesn't make the NRA membership cost any more expensive, and while it's a fairly small amount (I'm not sure what it is, but I don't think it's more than $2.00 if it's even that much, but heck, every little bit helps!).

MikeS
01-14-2013, 07:02 PM

For the most part, when it comes to guns, I don't like to advertise to the world that I even have any, but that's mostly for security reasons, don't want the bad guys to target my home looking for guns to steal, but I don't really think it matters on a website such as this, I mean if you're a regular poster, it's obvious that you probably have guns, so having an NRA banner next to your name isn't going to make you any less secure. Besides, just from my 'handle' here I don't think a bad guy could figure out where I live, so I might as well let folks here know of my membership(s).

Mal Paso
01-15-2013, 12:37 AM
I AM an NRA Member who is not particularly happy with the NRA. I think the Gun Free Zones need to be Banned Now (a bumper sticker on my truck says so). The NRA response to Sandy Hook was weak. The NRA seems more intent on placing themselves between us and the government than having Us Get Involved in our own security and representation. Yasser Arafat was willing to fight the battle so long as there was No Chance of Ending the War. The NRA has my Limited Support but they are another self perpetuating bureaucracy.

Dannix
01-15-2013, 02:43 AM
Hi,
I see that we now have a new red NRA sticker over our Avatar with our Handle. What I'm kind of curious about is why everyone on this site DOES NOT have the NRA sticker??????????????????????
I don't want to be a fly in the ointment, but statements like their call to put an armed security officer in every school reflects their philosophy; that's the most, how shall I says this, the most non-traditional American response I can think of. I'm not a fan of the NRA, and I question if they have done more harm than good. I hope I didn't upset anyone too greatly. :)

cbrick
01-15-2013, 08:40 AM
Dannix,

Considering every single incident of nut jobs shooting up innocents has been at a place the moron KNEW there would be very little to no chance of armed resistance I agree with the NRA. 100%.

The very idea of "gun free zones" is an idea only a liberal could love.

To a rational mind the idea of armed security in schools is shocking but just because that's shocking does not change the fact that there are nut jobs running around. Reality is reality whether it's shocking or not.

It was in large part the liberals years ago that put an end to making sure people with mental health issues got the treatment they need. It violated their civil rights to take them off the streets and give them professional help. Much better to have them untreated and running around among us. Now we see and live with the result of yet another completely failed liberal idea.

Shocking or not the NRA is right, do completely away with gun free zones. Whether a school decides to employ armed security or not is up to the school but how insane is it to advertise there are no guns here, come on over and shoot us up because your perfectly safe here. Far better to let the nut job wonder about it than guarantee him safe passage to prove to the world he is insane.

Rick

seagiant
01-15-2013, 09:45 AM
I don't want to be a fly in the ointment, but statements like their call to put an armed security officer in every school reflects their philosophy; that's the most, how shall I says this, the most non-traditional American response I can think of. I'm not a fan of the NRA, and I question if they have done more harm than good. I hope I didn't upset anyone too greatly. :)
Hi,
I can only say this so many times,but if you do your homework and look at the past struggles over the years,it's the NRA leading the pack to preserve our rights! Once again numbers equals votes and that's all the politicians look at so they can keep "their snouts in the trough" as my Brit friends say! I don't think half the people here belong to the NRA,not from what I see and yes,THAT BOTHERS ME!!!

phil3333
01-15-2013, 09:59 AM
Hi,
I can only say this so many times,but if you do your homework and look at the past struggles over the years,it's the NRA leading the pack to preserve our rights! Once again numbers equals votes and that's all the politicians look at so they can keep "their snouts in the trough" as my Brit friends say! I don't think half the people here belong to the NRA,not from what I see and yes,THAT BOTHERS ME!!!
very well put,on a different note i am an nra member so how do i get my sticker

cbrick
01-15-2013, 10:40 AM
very well put,on a different note i am an nra member so how do i get my sticker

At the top of this page click on "forum actions". Click on "general settings". On the left click on "Permission groups". Choose your group & click on "join group".

Rick

Dannix
01-16-2013, 12:51 AM
Hi cbrick,
I completely agree "gun free zones" is absurdity. However I completely disagree the Constitutional answer to the "gun free zone" of an educational institution is a law enforcement officer in every school. An if there is a police officer in a school, he should be the teacher's, staff's, and student's public servant -- not another point of enforcement of unconstitutional disarmament. In today's world, I would suggest more than ever it would be prudent for a teacher to carry if they are concerned for the well being of their students. Unfortunately in most of America, that would make the teacher a criminal, and they would be subjected to law enforcement.

JIMinPHX
01-16-2013, 09:04 AM
Hi,

Because I read the brief that they filed in the Sylveria Vs. Lockyer case.

My money now goes to other groups that don't play politics with our right s & don't compromise our rights away, one little piece at a time.

Groups that I currently approve of include TSRA, Brass Roots, AZCDL, GOA, JPFO & GOAL. I have been really surprised at how much AZCDL has gotten done in the last few years. Their legislative action record is really impressive. I wish that those guys ran the NRA. If they did, I would join back up in a heartbeat.

If the NRA had any organizational inclination at all, we would already have seen a million gun owner march on DC a long time ago.

10x
01-16-2013, 09:45 AM
Because I read the brief that they filed in the Sylveria Vs. Lockyer case.

My money now goes to other groups that don't play politics with our right s & don't compromise our rights away, one little piece at a time.

Groups that I currently approve of include TSRA, Brass Roots, AZCDL, GOA, JPFO & GOAL. I have been really surprised at how much AZCDL has gotten done in the last few years. Their legislative action record is really impressive. I wish that those guys ran the NRA. If they did, I would join back up in a heartbeat.

If the NRA had any organizational inclination at all, we would already have seen a million gun owner march on DC a long time ago.

If Mr. Obama isn't careful with his "executive orders" that may infringe or suspend the second amendment there may well be a million gun owner march on D.C. - including folks in the Military who have sworn to uphold and defend the U.S. Constitution.

Dannix
01-16-2013, 10:55 PM
If Mr. Obama isn't careful with his "executive orders" that may infringe or suspend the second amendment there may well be a million gun owner march on D.C. - including folks in the Military who have sworn to uphold and defend the U.S. Constitution.
I think you and I both suspect if that ever did happen, which I actually rather doubt, then there would be a million dead or imprisoned people and the only media coverage would be the depiction of it as a terrorist attack, perhaps also calling for more government regulations.

I'll be interested to see if any legislation does pass. The fact the President is considering attempting executive orders, to me, is indicative of a great uncertainty as to whether they could get a bill passed.

Of course, the President could suspend Writ of Habeas Corpus for reasons of "Cases of Rebellion or Invasion the public Safety" and call "forth the Militia to execute the Laws of the Union, suppress Insurrections and repel Invasions", and of course that term Militia would be interpreted by the President to mean the US military. Would the vast or complete majority of the military comply? I would suspect yes, with personal reservations, but yes.

pipehand
01-16-2013, 11:55 PM
[QUOTE=JIMinPHX;2009464]Because I read the brief that they filed in the Sylveria Vs. Lockyer case.

+1 on that Jim. The NRA is not my designated representative/arbiter of my rights. The politicians like to hold up the NRA as the representative of all gun owners, but the NRA has been complicit in infringing that which shall not be infringed. The NRA has as much interest in securing for all time the right to keep and bear arms, as the NAACP has in securing racial harmony. In either case, the gravy train of contributions would stop. We wouldn't want to problem solve ourselves out of a job, now would we?