PDA

View Full Version : Finally made my wife happy.

ErikO
01-09-2013, 12:36 PM
Got her 41st birthday present on order.

http://i.imgur.com/hCdtR.jpg

She's already shopping for new stocks, she has a 'thing' against pink guns. She loves the scrollwork, I'll post better pics once we take delivery. Slight holster wear and a couple of dings but got it for less than $600 shipped and transfered on a 10%/mo layaway.

This has been her 'first gun' goal since she fired her first shot with one into the X from a snap fire. Glad I didn't sell off all that .380 brass I was...storing. Now to start dropping some of those .356 truncated cones...

I almost got the go-ahead to put a Springfield RO on layaway, but she wants to wait until after April when we have the car paid off. I can totally respect that.

ErikO
01-09-2013, 12:36 PM
Oh yeah, the 27A S/N's are after the 'issue' that these had so there should be no trips to SIG for this one. ;)

1Shirt
01-09-2013, 03:23 PM
You are a rare man having a happy wife!
Hope she stays that way!
1Shirt!

DIRT Farmer
01-09-2013, 11:21 PM
Many years ago I bought my wife a mdl 10 S&W. She got mad and said she didn't need a gun. I came in from the field a few weeks later, she was cooking supper with HER gun laying by the stove, she was still ticked off, said my shells were to long for her gun. luckly 357s would no fit in the 38 spl chambers. Seems that a coon had come up in the yard and was chasing her cats. I took a box of 38spl WC, wrote her name on the box with the caliber. Forty years the same gun is in her night stand with her ammo. She shot it six times, put the rounds in a coffee cup size group at 25 feet. Shes happy, dosen't want another gun or to shoot any more. Just tell her when I clean the gun otherwise don't mess with her gun.

MtGun44
01-10-2013, 12:37 AM
I know one woman that loves hers.

Bill

captain-03
01-10-2013, 02:54 AM
Wife has had a S&W M19 4" for almost 25 years ... I "hardly" ever touch it ... One day a couple weeks ago when going to run some rounds through the S&W 686, decided I "needed" to take the M19 out, too. As soon as I stepped into the house from returning from the range -- "Where is MY gun?" My response was - it is right here -- which was met by her saying -- DO NOT take my gun without telling me!!

ffg
01-10-2013, 07:05 AM
Wife has had a S&W M19 4" for almost 25 years ... I "hardly" ever touch it ... One day a couple weeks ago when going to run some rounds through the S&W 686, decided I "needed" to take the M19 out, too. As soon as I stepped into the house from returning from the range -- "Where is MY gun?" My response was - it is right here -- which was met by her saying -- DO NOT take my gun without telling me!!

That is a great story. My wife confiscated my model 19 some 30 years ago .

bucklind2
01-12-2013, 12:15 AM
I hope she loves it! Looks kind of funny in pink but what the heck.

geargnasher
01-12-2013, 02:02 AM
I'm sure you're mistaken, Sir, and you meant to say your wife was happy that you bought her a pistol for her 26th birthday present.

Gear