PDA

View Full Version : 1800 in 3 days

Lloyd Smale
07-07-2007, 05:00 AM
the little 4 5/8s super has been getting a workout. 1800 full power 44 mags in 3 days. Ive been shooting groups off the bench to work up loads shooting steel and even playing around shooting rounds of ppc with it reloading by using a cylinder i stole out of my bisley 44 and poping out one cyl and putting in the other. Still havent mastered it enough to get under time but have shot scores as high as 280 with it. About 10-15 under my normal scores but ill get this thing down and when i do im going to make a cylinder pouch and show up for a ppc shoot with it. I even have visions of a sa race gun in the future! Been shooting its little brother the 4 5/8s 32 mag inbetween for a break from the recoil and noise. Both guns are real tack drivers. Well got to get back out in the barn and cast some more bullets and load the brass back up.

Bass Ackward
07-07-2007, 06:23 AM
the little 4 5/8s super has been getting a workout. 1800 full power 44 mags in 3 days.

Lloyd,

You be a blammer bubba!

Quit screwing around with that extra cylinder. Devise a system where you can convert that single action to belt feed. :grin:

Is the gun broken in yet? :grin:

Calamity Jake
07-07-2007, 04:49 PM
"playing around shooting rounds of ppc with it reloading by using a cylinder i stole out of my bisley 44 and poping out one cyl and putting in the other."

Go buy 3 more 4 5/8's a belt and 4 holsters, strap em on and go at it, I tried it, it's a hoot

RayinNH
07-07-2007, 06:17 PM
1800 :shock:. I haven't shot that many rounds this year. I gotta loose my job...Ray

Lloyd Smale
07-07-2007, 09:04 PM
kind of exceptioanal for me too. I usually try to get in at least 500 a week but its been nice out and ive been layed up with this back so long i just felt like i had to take advantage of it.
1800 :shock:. I haven't shot that many rounds this year. I gotta loose my job...Ray

BOOM BOOM
07-18-2007, 02:21 PM
HI,
Sounds like heaven almost.

Harpman
07-18-2007, 03:00 PM
MY name is Ron and I am a wus !......I always dummy up my 44 mag loads.:-D

zipdog
07-18-2007, 04:10 PM
If I shot 1800 full house .44 mags (or 1800 ANY mags, for that matter)in three days, my thumb would be in a cast and I would need a 5# celebrex tablet.

1Shirt
07-18-2007, 04:45 PM
Yep, Bass has got it right, need belt feed on that smoke pole. You gotta be a glutten for punishment and have a wrist about the size of a phone pole.
1Shirt!:coffee:

Lloyd Smale
07-18-2007, 05:20 PM
should have kept track of the round count in the 44s since this post. Id have to measure it by the coffee cans full now. Sure do LOVE THOSE 44mags!!

BOOM BOOM
07-23-2007, 02:52 PM
HI,
I will be usually shooting 50-100 a day now all the 357's are shot up for the summer.

BluesBear
07-24-2007, 03:48 AM
Just have Bowen do a Sedgley conversion on your gun.

http://www.bowenclassicarms.com/NEW/Sedgley_r1_c1.htm

http://www.bowenclassicarms.com/NEW/images/sedgley_r1_c1.jpg

R. F. Sedgley was one of the most prolific American gunmakers and exerted a great deal of influence in the trade, particularly between the two World Wars. Best known for his Springfield and Mauser sporting rifles, he also dabbled in handguns. Many of the famous revolvers conceived and owned by Elmer Keith, including the No. 5 gun, reflect his handiwork.

Among his least known designs are the lift-out cylinder single-actions. Known examples are based upon Colt SAA guns suitably modified to contain what is essentially a double-action cylinder with an extractor and extractor rod for simultaneous ejection. The rod is pulled forward freeing the bolts so that the cylinder can be removed through the loading gate.

Bowen Classic Arms has recreated a modern version of the Sedgley design based upon the Ruger Vaquero. This particular specimen is done up in the classic light-weight style complete with a 4 inch barrel, Colt-pattern dovetail front sight, scalloped receiver and a Bisley hammer. The two-piece grip frame assembly is fitted with a spectacular set of one piece French walnut grips from Roy Fishpaw. Chambered for the .45 Schofield, the gun has an extra fitted cylinder and a lanyard ring.

Lloyd Smale
07-24-2007, 04:26 AM
I would love to but i dont think even i would feel right tearing up a bowen gun :)