PDA

View Full Version : Any chance we could have a knife forum here?

Just Duke
01-05-2013, 10:06 PM
There are several knife forums about but they are so MONEY DRIVEN I don't care to go there.
example; no links to a knife companies that is not a sponsor followed by a nastygram, No PM function unless you pay, and many many others.....
I knife forum here would be relevant to hunting and firearms. Also include Axes.
Guns and knives just go together. You even need a knife to cut a patch for a muzzle loader.

blademasterii
01-05-2013, 10:12 PM
I would be interested in that for sure. I have carried a knife for 27 years daily and i'm 32. :D I have also made a few as well as one sword. It is good information to have as to how to make a blade or which ones are worth the price.

jmort
01-05-2013, 10:18 PM
How about a blade forum: knife, sword, spear, machete, hatchet, ax etc.
Very good suggestion

Love Life
01-05-2013, 10:19 PM
I would like to see one.

John Allen
01-05-2013, 10:22 PM
I am with Duke. I will even put a picture of my 17 yoa son's railroad spike knives that he blacksmiths and yes I am proud of him for learning a lost art instead of sitting behind an xbox

Just Duke
01-05-2013, 10:37 PM
I am with Duke. I will even put a picture of my 17 yoa son's railroad spike knives that he blacksmiths and yes I am proud of him for learning a lost art instead of sitting behind an xbox

Very cool. I'd like to see pics.
I have a box of those if anyone want to trade for them. ;)

John Allen
01-05-2013, 11:55 PM
Duke, I will post some pics tomorrow of different ones he has done. He likes them rustic, like they were done 100 years ago for utility.

Dean D.
01-06-2013, 01:04 AM
We already have an area for posting about Knives, etc..

http://castboolits.gunloads.com/forumdisplay.php?64-Equipment-Reviews-and-Discussion

Just Duke
01-06-2013, 01:18 AM
We already have an area for posting about Knives, etc..

http://castboolits.gunloads.com/forumdisplay.php?64-Equipment-Reviews-and-Discussion

It really doesn't seem to dedicated to knives but I guess it will do.

btroj
01-06-2013, 10:48 AM
If we have one for knives then where do we stop? Optics? Gun cases? Cleaning products? Rests? Targets?

I am happy with things the way they are.

Just Duke
01-06-2013, 10:55 AM
If we have one for knives then where do we stop? Optics? Gun cases? Cleaning products? Rests? Targets?

I am happy with things the way they are.

I'm hoping for an espresso machine forum too. What next?

snuffy
01-06-2013, 12:02 PM
The recent thread about "paper" grinding wheels being a good way to sharpen knives, leads me to believe we need an edged weapons forum. There, the members that know how to sharpen knives could show pictures, and give advice. Also, new knives, axes, hatchets, swords, you name it could be shown .

I realize there's many ways to achieve a sharp edge on steel knives. But there are some bad ways as well.

fatnhappy
01-06-2013, 01:42 PM
There are plenty of dedicated knife forums on the internet. While I'm sure the vast majority of the members here hunt, knives are ancillary at best. They're much less intergal to Cast Boolit shooting than optics if truth be told. Don't we have a "kit" forum?

I'm with Btroj on this one.

geargnasher
01-06-2013, 01:47 PM
My first thought was "did you miss the Kit Room?"

Gear

montana_charlie
01-06-2013, 02:21 PM
I have never needed a knife in order to 'smelt' scrap lead, or to cast a bullet.
I REALLY like knives and sharp edges, but I see no reason for a knife dedicated section here.

CM

Dean D.
01-06-2013, 11:34 PM
BTW, the "Kit" section has been re-named to better reflect it's purpose. It is the section I linked earlier.

Just Duke
01-07-2013, 12:18 AM
My first thought was "did you miss the Kit Room?"

Gear

Coming from the tactical world the peculiar word "kit" is what the Brits/CN used to described there tactical gear. Like they would say "bind their bergans" http://www.inov8.au.com/compass/berganshistory.html or cast off your back pack
Or my buddy from the Canadian Military would say. "Crikey mate! That's a cool piece of "kit! That's Spot On". I assumed this was a geographic term. Like forgetaboutit wilya

I never knew there was one until the mod just told me.

Bored1
01-07-2013, 12:19 AM
How about a blade subforum in the "kit" section? That way when people want to learn about knives, axes, hatchets etc we can still enjoy our favorite forum and have a place to look/learn without haven't to search for individual threads one it?

Just Duke
01-07-2013, 12:27 AM
There are plenty of dedicated knife forums on the internet.
Oh yes and there just wonderful places too. I have been a member of all of them since 2004 under another name and have 0 post count.
Again they are just so money driven I don't care to go there.

Just Duke
01-07-2013, 12:47 AM
I have never needed a knife in order to 'smelt' scrap lead, or to cast a bullet.
I REALLY like knives and sharp edges, but I see no reason for a knife dedicated section here.

CM

Forum: Equipment Reviews and Discussion
Gun Leather, Knives, Chronograph's, Scope's and various other shooting sundries.

Something must be wrong with the new forum software update. I had you on my ignore list for 5 years

Just Duke
01-07-2013, 12:48 AM
There my fault. I fixed it. ;)

waksupi
01-07-2013, 02:01 AM
Considering all that is going on behind the scenes re-arranging the forum knick knacks, please hold the suggestions for awhile! :coffee:

Woody3
01-07-2013, 03:15 AM
Duke, classic!!! "I had you on my ignore list". "There, I fixed it". I was rolling on the floor.

bobthenailer
01-07-2013, 09:50 AM
IMO heare we go again ! A gun web sight talking about knives , at least i dont have to view it ! it really P----- -- --- when Handgunner magazine startred putting so many articles on knives in it , its a gun magzine not a knife magazine! i wonder how many gun articles are in knife magazines ?
OK my rant is over ! do what you like i just wont click on it.

Just Duke
01-07-2013, 10:15 AM
IMO heare we go again ! A gun web sight talking about knives , at least i dont have to view it ! it really P----- -- --- when Handgunner magazine startred putting so many articles on knives in it , its a gun magzine not a knife magazine! i wonder how many gun articles are in knife magazines ?
OK my rant is over ! do what you like i just wont click on it.

Ouch!

Extra Extra Extra This a forum and not a gun magazine. lol

montana_charlie
01-07-2013, 12:34 PM
Glad you did. I feel no desire to address you on any subject.

CM

chrisw
01-07-2013, 01:56 PM
How about a blade subforum in the "kit" section? That way when people want to learn about knives, axes, hatchets etc we can still enjoy our favorite forum and have a place to look/learn without haven't to search for individual threads one it?

awesome idea! I for one like knives and have a few questions. Not enough to join another nforum but if there was a more dedicated area here... Heck, knives might be closer to the topic of cast, than swagged bullets and they have their own section lol [smilie=1:

Considering all that is going on behind the scenes re-arranging the forum knick knacks, please hold the suggestions for awhile! :coffee:

like the other new folder added today? Kinda gotta be fair...

chrisw
01-07-2013, 01:57 PM

CM

um, you just did?

Bored1
01-07-2013, 06:35 PM
like the other new folder added today? Kinda gotta be fair...[/QUOTE]

I didn't even notice this until I read your post. Wonder where this will end up heading?

montana_charlie
01-07-2013, 07:21 PM

CMum, you just did?
Actually, I didn't.
Since he ignores my username, my remark was addressed to unaware emptiness.
Now that you have quoted me, he can see the remark that he was otherwise protected from.

Should I thank you for 'the help'?

CM

geargnasher
01-07-2013, 09:18 PM

CM

I think Chris was referring to THIS post. There, I fixed it! You fellers take yourselves way too seriously.

Gear