PDA

View Full Version : What the ?

USARO4
07-06-2007, 09:30 AM
Who is this guy "choice" posting below? I' m afraid to reply.

Ricochet
07-06-2007, 09:37 AM
Just another sorry spammer. Probably an automated spam bot, actually.

VTDW
07-06-2007, 09:40 AM
:mrgreen: Admin will take out the trash momentarily.:drinks: It is a 24-7 deal as they sure do automate and just slightly change their names etc. Some days at Marlin Owners we kill up to 50. The only place a person/business can post there is under a Problems Forum and we can kill them quickly. Each morning when I get up I see what sometimes seems like zillions of them on my computer that have sent in the application. I hate this job but it pays sooo well.

Dave

45nut
07-06-2007, 10:26 AM
ok,,the "choice" *** is gone as are his posts...

fortunately these are rare here. Dave, do you guys report the IP number or anything?

USARO4
07-06-2007, 10:43 AM
Thanks guys. We have a great site here. I'm glad to here these dipsticks are a rare occurance, keep up the good work.

VTDW
07-06-2007, 12:39 PM
ok,,the "choice" *** is gone as are his posts...

fortunately these are rare here. Dave, do you guys report the IP number or anything?

No we do not and I don't know why. I sure am not the techie but just an Admin/Mod. I am surprised our service doesn't at least block some of them. Maybe it is a cost issue. We will get our act together one of these days.:-D

We use Powered by phpBB 2.0.19 © 2001 phpBB Group and at least on MY controls I can ban names, e-mail addys and IP's (which I do not). We can also put an * in front of an e-mail addy to catch anyone using the last portion such as XXXXX@hotmail.com. Change it to *@hotmail.com and add it to the list and they are poofed. That way when they change letters etc in front of the Hotmail.com they cannot get in to even register for the site. I am glad we can approve/disprove each and every one but we sometimes inadvertantly do not allow legitimate folks because their e-mail addy is not familiar. I Google lots of them and find most legit folks are active on other forums and then I hit the Allow tab for them. It is tedious but this is the way we are doing it for now.

Dave

Nazgul
07-07-2007, 05:35 PM
Sounds like a lot of work. I thoroughly appreciate it and thank you.

Don

racepres
07-07-2007, 07:35 PM
We use phpbb also on our site. If we ban ip addresses we inadvertently ban some [non problem] members also, for some reason.. I am not the expert tho!!! MV
And I do Not envy you the job!!!

kodiak1
07-07-2007, 09:43 PM
Damn straight Hats off to the Site owner and all the Mods that watch our little domain here. THIS IS THE BEST GUN SITE ON THE ENTIRE INTERNET.
Here is a side question how many of you are like me come here to read and relax and get the odd chuckle in?
You go to a lot of the other sights and is just a pain in the **** to go on there and listen to the bickering and other crap that goes on.
Ken.

USARO4
07-07-2007, 11:07 PM
I second the thanks to all those responsible for maintaining this site. Kodiak I too come here to read, chuckle and relax. It is the best gun nut site on the internet.