PDA

View Full Version : Premium load for your nightstand gun.

meshugunner
01-05-2013, 03:51 PM
Comes with a free wooden stake!

http://www.coonaninc.com/products.php/zombie-silver-bullets/cPath,6

I am sooo tempted to buy this.

Doesn't say what weight the bullets are:

SP5315
01-05-2013, 04:12 PM
They look like your garden variety, run of the mill Winchester Silver Tip hollow points to me. Better off casting your own so you know they would work[smilie=1:

Crashbox
01-05-2013, 05:05 PM
Hmmm... silver JACKETED... I'll cast my own, thank you. (on an aside, I bought about 7 lbs. of "96/4" tin/silver ingots approx. six weeks ago on eBay, but I suspect they're really 95.5/4/.5 Sn/Ag/Cu)

mpmarty
01-05-2013, 06:34 PM
185GR Barnes solid copper flyin ash trays in my 1911.

Jim
01-05-2013, 06:37 PM
My night stand gun actually stands in the corner. It's a Benelli 12X3.5" magnum loaded with 3.5" 000Bs.

meshugunner
01-05-2013, 06:42 PM
Hmmm... silver JACKETED... I'll cast my own, thank you. (on an aside, I bought about 7 lbs. of "96/4" tin/silver ingots approx. six weeks ago on eBay, but I suspect they're really 95.5/4/.5 Sn/Ag/Cu)

I'm no expert on Vampire toxicology but I believe that all it takes is the tiniest bit of silver and they turn to dust. The lead is for penetration. Good idea to keep a DustBuster on the night stand too.

What did you buy the sliver for?

meshugunner
01-06-2013, 02:34 PM
Apparently it's not that easy to cast silver bullets.

http://www.patriciabriggs.com/books/silver/silverbullet5.shtml

Mal Paso
01-06-2013, 05:00 PM
Much easier to cast a Bullet using Jeweler's Wax and take it to a Jeweler's Foundry. Wax Sprues are added and and the wax model is embedded in casting plaster. After it hardens the mold is put in a furnace to remove moisture and burn out the wax. The mold is put in a centrifuge along with molten silver. Centrifugal force fills the mold eliminating voids. The plaster mold is broken open, sprues cut, and you should have a perfect bullet.

The Egyptians had it figured out a couple thousand years ago. What's taking the College Professors so long? :bigsmyl2:

Crashbox
01-06-2013, 05:36 PM
I'm no expert on Vampire toxicology but I believe that all it takes is the tiniest bit of silver and they turn to dust. The lead is for penetration. Good idea to keep a DustBuster on the night stand too.

What did you buy the sliver for?

I was after the 96% tin, the silver was essentially a freebie. At $8 per pound of ingot, no complaints here- they should make for some real nice-casting projectiles.