PDA

View Full Version : We need to ban guns, she nearly killed this guy!

oldred
01-05-2013, 11:31 AM
I guess the anti-gunners are right, if this lady didn't own a handgun this poor fellow would not have gotten hurt!:veryconfu

http://www.myfoxatlanta.com/story/20506539/woman-shoots-home-invader-in-walton-county

Charlie Two Tracks
01-05-2013, 11:37 AM
I wonder why I haven't seen that on the news this morning? It must take awhile for news stories to get spread around? Maybe my Governor is waiting to tell this one himself Monday at the gun hearings and will tell us he's been wrong and will straighten things up for us.

oldred
01-05-2013, 11:44 AM
I wonder why I haven't seen that on the news this morning? It must take awhile for news stories to get spread around? Maybe my Governor is waiting to tell this one himself Monday at the gun hearings and will tell us he's been wrong and will straighten things up for us.

These kinds of shootings tend not to get reported as much, I remember a similar incident here locally a few years ago and there was barely even mention of it, it really ticks me off how biased our media has gotten.

fatnhappy
01-05-2013, 12:44 PM
I love stories with happy endings.

I especially love the part where she ran to the neighbors , they grabbed weapons and high tailed it over there to "investigate." It's good to have neighbors you can count on, I have a former Coastie on one side and a former Marine on the other.

I bet that got the reporter's panties in a bunch.

Nose Dive
01-05-2013, 12:49 PM
Heck.... It wasn't time to 'stop crying' .....it was time to reload!

Nose Dive

Cheap, Fast, Good. Kindly pick two.

Doc Highwall
01-05-2013, 12:56 PM
It said she shot all six rounds at him then ran to the neighbors. That would mean the neighbor would have an empty gun unless he re-loaded it. Great story otherwise, wish there were more like this.

HighHook
01-05-2013, 01:04 PM
Hooray for the mom...

ffg
01-05-2013, 01:15 PM
Mother bear with the cubs and a 38 . Must have been a good blood trial through the house .
Did you notice the cop's smile.

41 mag fan
01-05-2013, 01:28 PM
I love stories with happy endings.

I especially love the part where she ran to the neighbors , they grabbed weapons and high tailed it over there to "investigate." It's good to have neighbors you can count on, I have a former Coastie on one side and a former Marine on the other.

I bet that got the reporter's panties in a bunch.

It said she shot all six rounds at him then ran to the neighbors. That would mean the neighbor would have an empty gun unless he re-loaded it. Great story otherwise, wish there were more like this.

Where was this at in the story??? I didn't see any of it, unless it was edited before I read it??

montana_charlie
01-05-2013, 01:31 PM
Here's another homeowner using a gun to stop an attack.
http://www.gopusa.com/news/2013/01/05/homeowner-uses-firearm-to-defend-dog-and-self/?subscriber=1

Don't get the wrong idea when you read the part that says, "The person was naked, on the front porch choking his dog," said police spokeswoman Napier Velazquez

CM

oldred
01-05-2013, 01:58 PM
I wonder what went through that creep's mind when he opened that crawlspace door to see if anything of value was hidden there only to see the muzzle of that 38!

oneokie
01-05-2013, 02:09 PM
I wonder what went through that creep's mind when he opened that crawlspace door to see if anything of value was hidden there only to see the muzzle of that 38!

ooh, snap?

Beau Cassidy
01-05-2013, 02:26 PM
Looks like she needed a shotgun with a nice load of OO buck. He wouldn't have even made it to the ER. Unfortunately, having previously lived just outside of Atlanta very near to Walton County, home invasions are really not that uncommon down there.

Doc Highwall
01-05-2013, 03:37 PM
41 mag fan, it is in the story,5th paragraph.
"When the man opened the crawlspace door, she fired six shots with her .38 revolver, hitting the man several times."

mjwcaster
01-05-2013, 09:20 PM
The written story didn't have all the info that the video did.
The neighbors said they ran over with weapons, never said that they took her 38.
All in all Mom and her 38 did the job.
She scored several hits (according to report) and the perp left, the family was safe.
That is all that is necessary. She is not an executioner, just a Momma bear protecting her cubs.
I don't care how close she was, just scoring hits while scared out of your mind is good shooting.
Watch all the cop shootings on the net, how many shots are fired at close to point blank range vs how many hits.

How many of us have missed an easy shot while hunting because we got excited?
I've gotten buck, bird or hog fever more times than I care to remember.
Now imagine being scared for your children and your lives, because the game can kill you.

I personally have no idea how I will do in a situation like that, hope to never find out, but I'm pretty sure I will need a clean pair of drawers afterwords.

I'm glad she was armed and ready to defend her family.

We need to collect all the stories like this and keep sending them to our elected officials.

And a fund to purchase a box or two of ammo for the defenders, they deserve it.

Matt

Gliden07
01-06-2013, 10:17 AM
These kinds of shootings tend not to get reported as much, I remember a similar incident here locally a few years ago and there was barely even mention of it, it really ticks me off how biased our media has gotten.

Aint that the truth!! Stuff like this dos'nt support the Media and Liberal view on firearms. If she did'nt have that weapon she would have been front page news and just another victim!!

1Shirt
01-06-2013, 03:55 PM
Always get a kick out of "it appeared to be a justifiable shooting!"
1Shirt!

GREENCOUNTYPETE
01-06-2013, 07:41 PM
now there is a reason for full capacity magazines , had she had a gun with 15 or 17 round magazine she would have been able to keep firing making up for the misses , and saved the courts a bunch of money.

starmac
01-06-2013, 08:19 PM
I read one article that claimed he was hit 5 times. She may not have hit in vital spots, but she didn't completely miss much either.

x101airborne
01-06-2013, 10:54 PM
pointing it at me would make me stop, much less taking a couple in non vital areas. I hope she hit him in the posterior once so everytime he sits down he remembers what a dumb*** he was.
Good story.

dakotashooter2
01-07-2013, 03:36 PM
I have trouble believing this story. Everyone knows you can't put down an intruder unless you are using a Taurus Judge. Especially when it is a woman behind the trigger.........................

EMC45
01-07-2013, 07:01 PM
I enjoyed the report as well. I am sure he would have given up had she just pointed it at him. He flung the door open and was met with a hail of lead. Bravo! Didn't even give him a chance to say "gibbe dat". She gave him "dat" alright!