PDA

View Full Version : Seperating the pit

Sasquatch-1
01-05-2013, 10:00 AM
Is there anyway that the threads from the pit can be elimenated from the threads when using the pull down menus for "NEW" and "TODAY" and placed in their own pull down menu? It is qetting tiresome looking at the same speeches everyday by the same people. I have NO problem with the catagory, it would just be nice if we did not have to weed through all the politcal threads, to see whats new, unless we wanted to. I am not saying to remove the pit, just give a seperate pull down for new messages in the pit and a seperate pull down for everything else.

Don't know if this is possible just a suggestion.

Gunload Master
01-05-2013, 12:01 PM
It is possible, I am trying to figure out a better way of doing this.

waksupi
01-05-2013, 01:22 PM
Nope, I need the Pit in the today view to do my job here.

SharpsShooter
01-05-2013, 02:10 PM
I have often wondered the same thing. Is possible that it could be configured by the individual?
SS

Gunload Master
01-05-2013, 02:28 PM
For now, if you want a custom "TODAY" link that does NOT include the political section. You can create a custom "Favorite" in your browser and have it point to this link:

http://castboolits.gunloads.com/search.php?do=getdaily&showposts=1&exclude=50,&contenttype=vBForum_Post

montana_charlie
01-05-2013, 03:00 PM
Is there anyway that the threads from the pit can be elimenated from the threads when using the pull down menus for "NEW" and "TODAY" and placed in their own pull down menu? It is qetting tiresome looking at the same speeches everyday by the same people.
In the block at the top right where your avatar is, it tells you how many unread posts there are for you.
Click on that number.

I just did it (for the first ever time) and scrolled through the first four pages of results (there are many more than that) ... without seeing a single thread from The Pit.

So, help yourself out of 'your trouble', instead of asking 'government' to take care of you.

CM