PDA

View Full Version : Lubrisizer o rings

Curly James
07-05-2007, 11:40 PM
Alright,

I got the hard lube out of my sizer. It took a combination of heat, gouging, and white gas to get it clean. Don't know what that lube was but it was tough. I also discovered that the o ring in the bottom of the sizer was blown out after I got the sizer apart. Is there anything special about the Lyman o rings or will one from the hardware store work? Also explains a lot of the leaking I was getting from the bottom of the tool. I'm going to try a mixture of moly grease and beeswax probably 50/50 and see how that works. Thanks for all the help. CJ.

floodgate
07-06-2007, 12:16 AM
Curly James:

Lyman Customer Service can supply the O-rings; as I recall they are an odd size that you may not be able to find locally. One problem is that the O-ring groove (on my old 450 at least) is pretty scanty, and it is difficult to install without damaging the ring. Most of us just clamp the lube-sizer down HARD onto a slab of gasket material or rubber inner tube scrap (remember inner tubes?); that will stop leakage out the base of the reservoir - especially if you remember to back off the pressure when "parking" the tool after a sizing session.

floodgate

Newtire
07-06-2007, 12:29 AM
Is there anything special about the Lyman o rings or will one from the hardware store work? HI Curly,
from what I've discovered, you can get them from the Lyman site pretty cheap. I paid $17.00 for alot of parts for a 450 lube-sizer and should have got the O-rings too.

I use an O-ring that goes on a Ford 4R70W transmission EPC solenoid for the sizer O-rings and another one that seals off the nut that I think is the one that goes on the speed sensor but the fat O-rings that go on the pressure nut are a certain size I haven't been able to locate. they are only a buck or so each and the hardware store charges that.

Good luck!
Newtire

imashooter2
07-06-2007, 12:56 AM
No, there's nothing special about them. Stock at the local hardware store will work just fine.