PDA

View Full Version : The best .32 bullet ever?

dubber123
07-05-2007, 05:03 PM
The RCBS .32 SWC. I can't seem to make it shoot poorly with any load. I have tried it in my old Smith "I" frame, and it shoots so well, I still can't believe it. Lately I have been using it in a Marlin 32-20. I can't really find a bad load as long as this bullet is at the front. After fooling around with several different powders, I ended up back with Unique. Everything shot well, but I am a picky ******* about unburned powder if it can be avoided. I started with the slower powders, and worked slowly faster, until my accuracy and cleanliness of bore was met. I will chrono to verify it, but I will bet my velocity spreads are now closer too. If it will help anybody, here is my 32-20 formula: RCBS .32 SWC, water dropped WW's. LBT Blue Soft, .312" diameter. WW cases, neck size only. The 32-20 brass is so thin, neck sizing causes me no closing resistance at all, even after many firings. CCI std pistol primer, 5.0 grains of Unique. This load will shoot under 1/2" at 50 yds. with the factory buckhorn sights. (3 witnesses). I have tried a few other bullets, but this darn RCBS bullet is apparently impossible to beat!:drinks: