PDA

View Full Version : Sad day........

Just Duke
01-03-2013, 10:07 PM
We sold our quads today. Grizzly 660 and Kodiak 440.
We rode them 4 times in 6 years.
If we trailer these anywhere we would come back and find our windows smashed out by the tweekers which has happened to many others we know out here.
They take air bags also. We also live in the tweeker capital of the US.
We looked at a Yamaha side by side but we could buy two nice used jeeps for what one side by side costs.
None will be any good if we run out of gas. "Oh but resources are infinite Duke"

Here's a pic of the suface of Mars which is similar to the ugly Nevada desert. No trees.
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-WCKLFHYWgEg/UB9ZJh0IMPI/AAAAAAAABH4/rbgGhSgbBmg/s1600/Mars_Surface_wallpaper-658682.jpeg

RMK79
01-04-2013, 10:22 AM
Thats sad. We have the same issues here with the tweekers. They are even stripping the siding off peoples mobile homes to sell for scrap.

cbrick
01-04-2013, 10:30 AM
What is a tweeker?

Rick

jmort
01-04-2013, 10:38 AM
Meth user - too many of the vermin around here as well.

x101airborne
01-04-2013, 10:42 AM
Kinda makes you wish a cop would hide out and actually catch em rather than just take the report.

Jim
01-04-2013, 10:50 AM
The hippies used to grow a lot of reefer here in Floyd County. Between the choppers spottin' it and makin' a lot more money makin' and sellin' meth, the dealers switched over to settin' up labs. The Sheriff's Office busted a bunch of labs over the last coupla' years, but now the lab operators have figured out how to make it in soda bottles.

Dopers break into unoccupied houses on occasion to sell what they can steal. We don't have home invasions aroung here, though. Everybody knows if you try that, you'll either end up on a milk carton or in the morgue.

Just Duke
01-04-2013, 10:53 AM
OK well we could buy 3 jeeps for the same price as a side by side. http://kansascity.craigslist.org/cto/3515285063.html http://kansascity.craigslist.org/cto/3457464124.html
http://images.craigslist.org/3Ga3M83o85G95O65Ebcc508b64bc70a9518ed.jpg

cbrick
01-04-2013, 11:16 AM
Meth user - too many of the vermin around here as well.

Ah . . . I see, tweeker = Moron.

Just read the local morning paper police report for yesterday. 1 traffic accident with 4 injured, made the front page. One DUI arrest and 1 domestic violence report. Cops here were busy yesterday.

Rick

P.K.
01-04-2013, 11:50 AM
Here Nashville is off to the start of a banner year, wouldn't suprise me a bit if we start edging up to Chicago #'s.....:-(

wildwilly
01-04-2013, 12:08 PM
Even down our way there's a de facto open season on douche bags...and no limit. There's also a lot of open space to dispose of garbage.

cloakndagger
01-04-2013, 01:23 PM
The local tweeker crowd self thins every few wks here, evidently it takes a modicum of skill and focus to make meth and not blow up your lab that these around here lack. Four killed last week in meth lab explosion.. the house was pretty well tornado trash..

41 mag fan
01-04-2013, 08:45 PM
I always thought they were called geekers....

Down South
01-04-2013, 08:54 PM
Never heard the phrase "Tweeker" either. We just call em dopers. They will steal anything not nailed down and if they can get a prybar they will get the nailed down stuff too.

Just Duke
01-04-2013, 08:58 PM
Dopers break into unoccupied houses on occasion to sell what they can steal. We don't have home invasions aroung here, though. Everybody knows if you try that, you'll either end up on a milk carton or in the morgue.

You can say that again Jim. Many a Ranch or Farm where we made on offer on that has been for sale for a couple of years and the owner is holding out for top dollar gets stripped, I mean stripped to the Bone. Even kitchen cabinets and Toilets. Metal barns stripped to the skeleton, we even saw those metal prefabbed horse barn completely disassembled and carted off. Most times its when Bert and Gertrude pass and Biff and Buffy inherit the farm they put new carpet and new appliances in. Everything gone. Including the carpet. We looked at a secluded castle up in Igo CA where they took all the high end plumbing fixtures out and some of the copper pipe. Then they end up sitting even longer because banks don't like to give loans on non functioning home. Forgot water heaters. front doors and garage doors.
Then the homeless move in. We saw one where some homeless guy had a camp fire on the tiled living room floor.

mpmarty
01-04-2013, 09:37 PM
SOS Shoot On Sight.

DIRT Farmer
01-04-2013, 11:56 PM
Tweeker = meth head =zomby

And you woundered why you could buy zomby max ammo

RobS
01-05-2013, 01:08 AM
Ah . . . I see, tweeker = Moron.

Rick

Yea............awesome. I had to laugh when I red this one.

RobS
01-05-2013, 01:08 AM
SOS Shoot On Sight.

yet another one!!!

Mal Paso
01-05-2013, 12:32 PM
Meth destroys part of the brain, they are not the same people anymore. One of my customer's sons who got off the stuff was never the same and finally killed himself. The tweekers I've seen were filthy caring only for the next fix. Real Life Zombies!

gew98
01-05-2013, 12:59 PM
I call them pillheads. In central and western KY it's rampant...meth and pill abuse.I've put more than one under the gun when catching them stealing. Had to beat one down with my 45 on one occassion. Left central KY because it got that bad there.
Not so bad were I'm at now...the 'bad' locals have learned the shoot first and ask questions later policy works for me and not them.
Presently I'm stuck outside fayettville NC for a couple weeks...lots of human debris around my motel here.

ffg
01-05-2013, 12:59 PM
My neighbor keeps a close eye on my place, he is a great shot , I have never had any trouble.

It is sad to read what this great country has become .

Hold center !

archmaker
01-05-2013, 02:39 PM
41 mag fan . . . WHOAA, I am a geek and proud of it! :) I resent being associated with tweekers! :)

I have been to DefCon a few times and plan on going some more (proof of my geekiness - Defcon is the annual Hackers convention in Lost Wages).

Az Rick
01-05-2013, 07:46 PM
Time to thin the herd.
What if they got all they wanted, might they possibly kill themselves off?

"I'm your huckelberry".

Best, Rick

uscra112
01-05-2013, 10:41 PM
Probably 50% of the single-family houses in Detroit city have been stripped to the studs. They tear out the plaster to get the copper wire. There's even a high-rise hotel right downtown that's been so badly stripped that it can't be restored.

There's a move in some places to pay by mailed check instead of cash at scrapyards. High time. The anonymity aspect of selling stolen metal is a strong attraction for the moroons.

Harter66
01-06-2013, 02:48 PM
Nice Mars-scape but that doesn't look anything like the view from the end of my street here in Nevada. More over I don't have to trailer up my ohv,I just fire it up in the garage and head to the desert andblm/forest lands and ride all day.

People tell me all the time "if ya don't like the neighborhood, move". Besides if you've only ridden them 4 times in 6 years you aren't going to miss them anyway. Maybe you should have used your game cams for security cams and put the thieving junkies away? Lexan storm windows on the out side would have gotten you some pay back as the rock/club/etc would have rebounded to the operator. Maybe some museum piece bear traps would be good maybe smeared w/some nice hep C and septic slime. Frog poison pungi sticks? Rusty nails from the horse corral? Never underestimate the pendulum security device. Piano wire snares?

Just Duke
01-06-2013, 09:41 PM
What kind of ammo you guys storing out there at that ammo dump?

Nice Mars-scape but that doesn't look anything like the view from the end of my street here in Nevada. More over I don't have to trailer up my ohv,I just fire it up in the garage and head to the desert andblm/forest lands and ride all day.

People tell me all the time "if ya don't like the neighborhood, move". Besides if you've only ridden them 4 times in 6 years you aren't going to miss them anyway. Maybe you should have used your game cams for security cams and put the thieving junkies away? Lexan storm windows on the out side would have gotten you some pay back as the rock/club/etc would have rebounded to the operator. Maybe some museum piece bear traps would be good maybe smeared w/some nice hep C and septic slime. Frog poison pungi sticks? Rusty nails from the horse corral? Never underestimate the pendulum security device. Piano wire snares?

Harter66
01-06-2013, 10:36 PM
22LR-16" Howie . All conventional ammo. Mostly obsolete junk these days. That 6 million pounds of powder in Minden La, I put most that in the trucks that took it there, 39,640 lbs per truck including pallets and cans.

SOFMatchstaff
01-06-2013, 10:37 PM
Harter66
Couldnt agree more, a quick tune-up on one of the local twits and the rest seem to shy away. I ALWAYS stop in and give the big 16" AP round there at the museum a nice pat for good luck, It must be working, kinda like the Hawthorne Blarney stone...

I have some of my steel targets set up around the gates into my back yard, 35 lbs of armour steel on ring stand, and droppers make a heck of a clang when they are disturbed. There is no chance the investigating officer can infer any malicious intent, they're just targets....Ya know...clumsy prowlers an all that.

Harter66
01-06-2013, 11:07 PM
Duke,SOF,
You guys ought to hit me up when you pass through.

PatMarlin
01-07-2013, 12:28 AM
Igo? You're gettin' awful close Duke ...:mrgreen:

Problem is banks are even killing a lot of short sales in Ca and the upside down owners do everything they can to sell but since banks go for foreclousure instead, prior owners even strip their own homes on their way out.

This is what happens when GOV sticks their hand in private sector industries.