PDA

View Full Version : Recluse: Anyone else notice he's been absent?

WILCO
01-01-2013, 09:29 AM
For a spell now, I've had a sense of something missing from this place when I visit here. Finally clicked and I realized Recluse hasn't been posting. Anyone know what's up?

fishhawk
01-01-2013, 09:49 AM
No idea and I have sent him some PMs and emails and got no response....

41 mag fan
01-01-2013, 09:57 AM
I noticed, and seen where geargnashers not been posting for a while, and so has MikeS

JonB_in_Glencoe
01-01-2013, 10:01 AM
it is the season, maybe they are on vacation, visiting relatives and such.

fishhawk
01-01-2013, 10:03 AM
Recluse has been "missing" since November

jmort
01-01-2013, 10:38 AM
He was going to do a big batch of 45-45-10 and got sick from the attempt and advised us who were interested that it was not worth the trouble. Hope the 45-45-10 overdose was not the problem. Hope there is no problem. This is from his 11-15-12 post:

"Won't go into the details except to state that I STILL have a raging, splitting sick headache from all the fumes--and this even with awesome ventilation in the shop--and my work table is a mess.

I got the big batch, which in reality isn't that big, made for my friend. What little bit I had leftover went into a couple of empty Lee LLA bottles. I should be good on this stuff for a number of years now. . .

It also reminded me of just how freaking bad I hate making lube. There was a time I kinda enjoyed it, what with the tinkering and mad scientist aspect to it. Whatever lingering love affair I might've had with making my own lube went out the window a couple of nights ago.

So, for everyone who PM'd me about wanting a bottle or a sample IF i decided to do the one "commercial batch," this is the official statement saying, "I am not making a commercial batch."

Now I'm off to down another handful of Advil. 48 hours later and I still have this damned headache."

The last I saw he was less than happy with his Classic Cast. Late November, about two weeks later.

Bad Water Bill
01-01-2013, 11:40 AM
No puter whiz so just a question. Would it be possible to list phone # the same way your age is listed?

You do not have to be 99 to have something happen.

A quick phone call from someone in our family can put a lot of folks minds at ease.

1Shirt
01-01-2013, 11:58 AM
Interesting! Hope he has recovered ok, and will be back on line soon.
1Shirt!

waksupi
01-01-2013, 12:00 PM
I get messages occasionally. He has been trying to finish his second book, and is putting time in on that.

Bad Water Bill
01-01-2013, 12:09 PM
I get messages occasionally. He has been trying to finish his second book, and is putting time in on that.

Now you did it.

I do not know which would make me more excited. A new post from RECLUSE or the news of another of his books being in print and available.

crabo
01-03-2013, 12:38 AM
I emailed a friend of mine who knows him well, and this is what he said, "I see posts from him on Facebook pretty often. Some of the posts involve trips to eat BBQ, some have pictures from his airplane, some involve shooting ranges so I'm pretty sure he's OK. He is deep into his research and writing on his next book. I think he's limiting his focus to the book. "

starmac
01-03-2013, 01:26 AM
Maybe he has done and went underground getting the new country of TEXAS constitution and bill of rights ready.

41 mag fan
01-03-2013, 08:32 AM
Maybe he has done and went underground getting the new country of TEXAS constitution and bill of rights ready.

Got my bags packed waiting to emigrate....does AK have something like that going on?? I would rather head north than south!

starmac
01-03-2013, 08:36 AM
LOL I wish, there has always been a faction for it, but I don't see how it would work, we have to get everything from somewhere else.

41 mag fan
01-03-2013, 08:43 AM
Thats where a draft of NAFTA comes in!

Down South
01-03-2013, 08:45 AM

LOL, same thing that I was thinking.