PDA

View Full Version : Meeting Castboolits Members in person!

1Shirt
12-28-2012, 02:05 PM
Yesterday I had lunch at a McDonalds in Omaha with StratsMan, who is from St.Louis. He had e-mailed me that he would be in the area over Christmas. We talked for over two hours, and I throughly enjoyed meeting him. I have met EMC45 in Ga, KCSO from Ne, and recently with another member whose handle I can't remember, who is a wood artist in our co-op gallery. My son in law Btroj has met one of our members from Lincoln. Got me to thinking, that it might be a good time if there could be a meeting(s) of members to have maybe a swap session, or at the least a BS session someplace. Think it would be fun!
1Shirt!:coffeecom

captaint
12-28-2012, 03:11 PM
Fun ?? That'd be really something. I'd really like to make Bruce B's cast boolit shoot one of these years. Maybe after I retire ..... Gonna do some traveling then. enjoy Mike

Bored1
12-28-2012, 03:12 PM
That does sound like a good time. I am in the Omaha area also, wonder if theres enough of us close to get something going?

R.M.
12-28-2012, 03:55 PM
It would help a lot if "Everyone" would add their location to their profile.

JeffinNZ
12-28-2012, 03:59 PM
I have met a couple of the local reprobates here in NZ. We had a great old natter.

btroj
12-28-2012, 06:25 PM
Jeff, next time you are in Nebraska be sure to stop by!

Jim
12-28-2012, 06:39 PM
Yeah, Jeff, next time you're out for beer, gimme a ring. I'll meet you at the Blue Ridge Cafe and buy ya' some barbeque!

Idaho Mule
12-28-2012, 09:02 PM
Always good to meet new friends and I am guilty of trying to put some kind of get together together. That don't look right. Anyway I would like to have some kind of gathering of members sometime.JW

horsesoldier
12-28-2012, 09:27 PM
Hey Idaho Mule, still kicking around a bear hunt around there in the spring.

Dean D.
12-29-2012, 07:25 AM
Just as a reminder to those who may have forgotten or a heads up to those who don't know, we have "groups" here which can be used for specific localities. For instance, I am a member of the "Left Coast Casters" group which is mainly Pacific Northwest area folks. Groups are a good way for members to connect with other members in their area. At the top of the main page there is a link labeled "Community", click on that and a drop down list appears and you can select "Group" from the list. Check it out, there may already be a group for your area, if not go ahead and create one!

EdZ KG6UTS
12-29-2012, 01:36 PM
Yesterday I had lunch at a McDonalds in Omaha
1Shirt!:coffeecom

I like Omaha, used to go to Offutt quite a bit for work. Cabellas to the west, Bass Pro across the river, and a great SAC Museum whats not to like?? ~8^) There were a couple of old time radio shops too.

EdZ KG6UTS

farmallcrew
12-29-2012, 08:02 PM
Maybe grouped state by state. I seen some fellas here from around the state. Maybe have "gatherings" or at least start up a "state group" section. That would be awesome. Bring shooting buddies with and the intro them to casting and share stories.

1Shirt
01-01-2013, 12:10 PM
Had coffee with Bored1 last night. He is a newbee, and has never cast or reloaded. Will be working with him to get him started.
1Shirt!

1Shirt
01-03-2013, 12:37 PM
Had first loading session with Bored1 last night. He has never loaded or cast before, so this was truely a newbee. He loaded a box of 7.62x54R and a box of 38S, w/cast. He is very interested, and wants to shoot on Sat. Next session will have him load some rimless rounds like 380. Will start him casting when it warms up enough to be comfortable in my garage. He is very enthusiastic!
1Shirt!

Big Boomer
01-03-2013, 01:37 PM
Meeting Cast Boolit members:

This would be a great way for Cast Boolit members to use this site to arrange a meeting for jaw-jaw, to compare notes and perhaps do some shooting together. I live in southern Ky. just a few miles north of the Ky./TN border near I75 and near London, Ky. Anyone out there in this area? I have lived here for 7 years and haven't met one boolit caster, though there are a few shooters in the area. 'Tuck (as in Kentuck)