PDA

View Full Version : 6 years here and a special thanks to all here for your instruction and guidance. : )

Just Duke
12-27-2012, 05:42 PM
Thanks to all here that have generously aided me in my journey.
I have a knack for gravitating toward the smartest people on the planet to augment any and all educational knowledge I can acquire.
Still to this day many tell me I'm the smartest fella they ever met. I just laugh hysterically.
I tell them "Not me" I'm just repeating what others have showed me or taught me. Their the smart ones not I"
Because it's you guys that are the smart fellas not I.
I have heard this a lot in many phone conversations "No that don't work! Trust me I've tried it. You need to do it like this"
So anyway all that I have learned from you fellas has been applied and not fallen on deaf ears hence the many pics I have posted over the years.
I have taken all the knowledge I have learned and documented it on a database for all to see.
Thanks again,
Duke

Wayne Smith
12-27-2012, 07:43 PM
Duke, we all stand on the shoulders of great men and women. Just because I have an earned doctorate doesn't mean I know much except what I have learned from others. That is true of all of us.

slim1836
12-27-2012, 07:49 PM
I too have learned so much from others including these great forum members.

I have sooooo much more to learn.

Slim

12-27-2012, 07:52 PM
I'm at just over a year but "ditto."

wallenba
12-27-2012, 08:06 PM
Yep, lots of experience and knowledge here. Also though, this forum must be recognized, without it, it can't be passed on as quickly and efficiently as it is.
There has always been an abundance of great knowledge through out history. Without a way to disseminate it, it gets lost or stagnant. The Greek scholar Erotosthenes calculated very cleverly, the circumference of the Earth, within a few hundred miles. That is pretty good for a man born in 276 BC. But it took centuries to be rediscovered, no internet.

fishhawk
12-27-2012, 08:12 PM
Duke you might want to count those finger again! Dec 2007 to Dec 2012 only comes up to 5 on my fingers. :bigsmyl2:

**oneshot**
12-27-2012, 08:20 PM
I'm just another classmate in this ever learning sport. I take advice and lessons past on from others and pass them along to others.

Just Duke
12-27-2012, 08:42 PM
Duke you might want to count those finger again! Dec 2007 to Dec 2012 only comes up to 5 on my fingers. :bigsmyl2:

What about my lurking days. Don't that count too? lol

Az Rick
12-27-2012, 08:57 PM
I believe lurking does count. I too got my start here. Not only are the Guys smart but they are also nice people. Good people. It's a pleasant place to hang around.

Nice of you point that out to all of us, we really are a fortunate group.

Best,

Bullshop
12-27-2012, 09:10 PM
Learn well grasshopper.

Just Duke
12-27-2012, 09:28 PM
I believe lurking does count.

Best,
Sure does I had my fingers crossed. See?

Do have a larger pic.
http://castboolits.gunloads.com/customavatars/avatar14490_4.gif

fishhawk
12-27-2012, 09:31 PM
I don't know about that...how can we have that verified?

Just Duke
12-27-2012, 09:35 PM
I don't know about that...how can we have that verified?

Here you go.

Alstep
12-27-2012, 09:54 PM
If you don't learn something today, you've wasted a day of your life. I always learn something here, thanks everyone.
Hope you all have a great New Year, and keep your powder dry,
Al

1Shirt
01-04-2013, 11:15 AM
Seems like it gets gooder and gooder all the time!
1Shirt!

MBTcustom
01-04-2013, 11:43 AM
Ha! I didn't lurk at all. In fact I only ever used the computer to do google searches once in a very great while. I found castboolits when I did a google search trying to learn how to paper patch, and after reading just a few threads, I knew I was home.
Y'all are my kind of folks, you speak my language. I was always looked at like an idiot for casting all my own boolits, and now, I am finally accepted, appreciated, and taught in a community that I fit in with.
I've got the Castboolits, coffee cup/stein, the mouse pad, the shoulder patch, the bumper sticker (on my truck and my machinery at MBT).
Yeah, I'm hooked, and still learning every day.
So thanks from me too, to all the true booliteers all over the world, a tip of my hat to Ken, and a slap on the bottom for Boolette!

smoked turkey
01-04-2013, 12:31 PM
Duke I agree wholeheartily with your summation about this wonderful site and special emphasis on the folks that make it that way. Your fingerprints are all over this site too and you have added a wealth of good knowledge here as well. Thanks to you and all that have helped to make it so great a place. Special thanks to Ken, and all the folks that moderate, and use their people skills and computer knowledge to see that the site stays a cut above all the others.

Ed Barrett
01-05-2013, 12:42 AM
Always heard "When you stop learning they pat dirt over you" I've sure learned a lot here.

geezer56
01-05-2013, 11:34 AM
The best thing about hanging with the folks here is the willingness most have to share knowledge. If the knowledge was learned by a bad move, the bad move is usually admitted to and used as a cautionary tale. Thanks to everyone here for your help in advancing my knowledge, and deepening my addiction.