PDA

View Full Version : Bees Wax

redbear705
07-01-2007, 05:22 PM
An old guy came to the shop the other day to remove a bee hive from the roof.

I was talking to him and happened to think about the wax.

I am going to call him this week coming up and find out how much he has to sell and how much $.

He tells me that the wax is premium!? and most buyers use it for candles.

If anyone would be interested I will relay his name and phone number after I post what he is asking for it.

I do not have any affilliation nor receive any mamon from this....I only post it as a source of bees wax. This wax is from Michigan he also sells honey of course! :)

I will post his price but will give out his name and phone number in a p.m. or email only for his privacy.

p.s. what is the going prices for bees wax these days?

JR

Leftoverdj
07-01-2007, 07:10 PM
Most of us oldtimers are stocked on wax, thanks to a super deal a couple of years ago. Going rate seems to be about $5 a pound online.

Char-Gar
07-01-2007, 08:41 PM
I laid in about 60 pounds, in a couple of big buys. I think I got about 30 pounds of that WWII surplus beeswax. I don't have enough years left to use all I have.

Hip's Ax
07-01-2007, 09:15 PM
The place I've been dealing with off of EPay is ~$4.40 a pound delivered. I'm stocked too, about 70 pounds if I recall correctly. Still sitting on a bunch from the Lar's ton of wax buy too.

EMC45
07-02-2007, 10:25 AM
A beekeeper that lives around the corner from me did a melt down last fall and I got 7 pounds for 3 bucks a pound. I almost missed out though. He said someone called and wanted every pound he had, and that was about 300! So I may call him again and check. I am in the process of making my first batch of homemade lube out of BW, parafin, and vaseline for my 4500. If it goes well I will be getting more BW.