PDA

View Full Version : Ignore feature???

tomme boy
12-26-2012, 10:23 PM
Do we have this available on this forum? I would like to add a few people to it if available. I am writing down names that are trying to price gouge on AR15 items on this board.

I think that if they are taking advantage of whats going on right now, they are no better than the people that did these things.

Alan in Vermont
12-26-2012, 10:26 PM
It's there somewhere, I have one jerk on it now. I locked him out under the old system but it's still in effect so I assume it is available on the new one.

oneokie
12-26-2012, 10:37 PM
User CP-Edit Ignore List

45FP
12-26-2012, 10:55 PM
The only time I tried using ignore on another forum it wouldn't work, kept getting the message " you can't place moderators on ignore"
Those mods were the only reason to have ignore IMO!

x101airborne
12-26-2012, 11:01 PM
I understand what you are getting at, but dont be too hard. Right or wrong, we all make our own decisions and I am not interested in selling anything I have, so I am not in that group. BUT.... if they are selling what they have now even at an elevated price, it is nothing compared to what they would get when the ban does go in. And I hate to say it, but it is coming. No one can deny that the anti-gunners have all the ammo they need to mess with us. Our biggest asset is comprimise. Ya got Conetticuit school thing, then the fire fighter massacre, and several other shootings in the last month. We just cannot fight all the facts as hard as we would try. The gun shops charging 2000.00 for a rifle that cost 700.00 two weeks ago are no better. And in a month from now, we would gladly pay 2000.00 to get our hands on the last of the civilian rifles that may be banned.
Thank you for being a good person, and I mean it. I am not even close to being sarcastic or trying to be funny. I am with you, but just try to be understanding. Even the rifles I have that cost me about 400.00 to build two years ago I would not sell for 2000.00 today. But I do see your point.

montana_charlie
12-26-2012, 11:46 PM
No one can deny that the anti-gunners have all the ammo they need to mess with us. Our biggest asset is comprimise. Ya got Conetticuit school thing, then the fire fighter massacre, and several other shootings in the last month. We just cannot fight all the facts as hard as we would try.
"You're never beaten until you admit it" ... Shirley.
(A Google search will tell you who said that.)

waksupi
12-27-2012, 01:50 AM
The only time I tried using ignore on another forum it wouldn't work, kept getting the message " you can't place moderators on ignore"
Those mods were the only reason to have ignore IMO!

If you ignore staff messages here, you won't need to worry about THAT too long! We deal with that, with extreme prejudice!
:drinks:

tomme boy
12-27-2012, 02:32 AM
Click on the persons profile. It will have it right there to click on. I guess I should have looked a little harder.

41 mag fan
12-27-2012, 09:11 AM
The mods here do a great job, and are regular joes like us all. They have a tedious, hectic kind of a job, that sometimes is a thankless job, and they use up a lot of their time just sitting in the background cleaning up threads and booting the spammers and all other thugs that get in on here to keep it a family oriented forum....

Now just to figure out a way to get them all riled up that they fly to S IN, have me pick them up at the airport, take them back to the house and we can all sit in the shop and tell a bunch of tall tales and do some :drinks: :bigsmyl2:

btroj
12-27-2012, 09:14 AM
I only used the ignore feature on one person and he is no longer with us.

Ignore the Mods? Only at your own peril. They don't need to be ignored here, they do a darn fine job. This isn't a site with over active Mods.

oneokie
12-27-2012, 10:41 AM
Now just to figure out a way to get them all riled up :drinks: :bigsmyl2:

Look at your, or any other members profile page and check to see who the last 10 visitors were. If you see a bunch of Moderator names, you, or they, have piqued our interest.

Love Life
12-27-2012, 11:32 AM
"Don't call me Shirley"

scb
12-27-2012, 12:59 PM
I don't understand why people get so outraged over this. In our system (capitalism) the seller sets a price for something THEY OWN. If you don't like it don't buy it, simple enough. Since when (other than auctions) do buyers get to dictate prices? BTW I don't have anything for sale.

montana_charlie
12-27-2012, 02:15 PM
"Don't call me Shirley"
(wink!)

alrighty
12-27-2012, 02:44 PM
I don't understand why people get so outraged over this. In our system (capitalism) the seller sets a price for something THEY OWN. If you don't like it don't buy it, simple enough. Since when (other than auctions) do buyers get to dictate prices? BTW I don't have anything for sale.
I must agree , even though I think it is in bad taste to say the least.I think the sellers would be better off going to eBay.It seems that most members here have already learned from the past and are prepared.I also can't help but think about what made them sell.It could be for some other reason than just to profit from a terrible tragedy.The main point is what scb posted, it is theirs to price as they see fit.
I do like the thread that provides info for where to buy and who has them in stock.Here is a link to the mako group website.
http://www.themakogroup.com/product_p/earm30%20w.htm

fishhawk
12-27-2012, 02:56 PM
With me being the swapping and selling moderator it is not my place or any one else's other than the seller to set the price THEY want for a item regardless if I think it's to low or to high. The free market system works here to if the price is to high no one buys simple as that if the price is to low well it's gone quick works both ways. steve k swapping and selling moderator

Love Life
12-27-2012, 03:03 PM
G&R Tactical has 32 rd Colt 9mm Carbine magazines in stock for $65.00 apiece. My mom (god bless her 50 year old self) owns one and just ordered a couple.

God help the thugs that may think it is a good idea to target or pick on that small old lady.

Love Life
12-27-2012, 03:05 PM
If you put yourself on the ignore list will you cease to exist?

montana_charlie
12-27-2012, 04:18 PM
No, but you won't be able to 'hear' yourself, anymore.
Then you'll never know what you're talking about.

PS Paul
12-27-2012, 04:27 PM
Although I certainly do understand the basic economic principles of supply and demand, in this day and age, considering what WE, as gun owners, are facing in the near future, I would rather see fellow shooters helping their shooting brothers by making sought-after items available to each other at fair prices, not super-inflated prices. I would prefer those who are inflating their prices on sought-after items (like AR mags) to post those items for sale elsewhere and NOT on OUR swap n sell, that's all. I always feel like swap n sell is our place to sell and trade to our brothers here, not to be hijacked by carpetbaggers, interlopers and opportunists who are very new to the forum and clearly joined up only to profit from a "target audience". I have a feeling I am NOT alone in this perspective.......

RayinNH
12-27-2012, 04:30 PM
G&R Tactical has 32 rd Colt 9mm Carbine magazines in stock for $65.00 apiece. My mom (god bless her 50 year old self) owns one and just ordered a couple.

God help the thugs that may think it is a good idea to target or pick on that small old lady.

Hey sonny, that's not so old :)

41 mag fan
12-27-2012, 05:43 PM
Look at your, or any other members profile page and check to see who the last 10 visitors were. If you see a bunch of Moderator names, you, or they, have piqued our interest.

Nope dont want to pique anyones interest. But I did go look. Looks like gunload master was visiting my profile page though.

I'd just like to see all you mods get together under 1 roof and get to actually know each other. You all do an amazing job, and you all need an acknowledgement of how good a job you guys do, and to keep up the good work.

oneokie
12-27-2012, 05:53 PM
Drop into Chat sometime.

Gliden07
12-27-2012, 05:55 PM
I agree with you!! Its ok to make a couple bucks on things but to GOUGE the way some are on this site is just rotten.

Do we have this available on this forum? I would like to add a few people to it if available. I am writing down names that are trying to price gouge on AR15 items on this board.

I think that if they are taking advantage of whats going on right now, they are no better than the people that did these things.

Love Life
12-27-2012, 05:55 PM

Is 5 out of 10 good or bad?

oneokie
12-27-2012, 05:58 PM
Is 5 out of 10 good or bad?

Your call.

41 mag fan
12-27-2012, 06:06 PM
Your call.

I got 1....I'll call that good!

Might have to start dropping into chat. tried it once and had a good time, but thats been a yr ago at least

Down South
12-27-2012, 06:14 PM
No, but you won't be able to hear yourself, but we will. Then we would have to let you know what you said.

shooter93
12-27-2012, 07:03 PM
I ignore Nolan and Ric all the time.....and Rich....and Doug.....and Andy.....and....well, you get the idea.

montana_charlie
12-27-2012, 07:21 PM
The Government that robs from Peter to pay Paul can always count on the support of Paul.
When Peter has been so thoroughly robbed that he no longer exists, that Government will enjoy it's last meal when it devours Paul.

41 mag fan
12-27-2012, 07:58 PM
When Peter has been so thoroughly robbed that he no longer exists, that Government will enjoy it's last meal when it devours Paul.

What happens when Pauls been devoured?? Do we start over?

Blammer
12-27-2012, 09:52 PM
well, I suppose you better add me, I'm selling a few mags at current market price.

runfiverun
12-28-2012, 12:57 AM
the prices on ar magazines at the sportsmans today, were exactly the same as the last time i was there.
they didn't have any [not even 5 or 10 round magazines], or any glock,or xd magazines either, they have a lot of 45 acp and ruger magazines though.
they did have primers out,and bullets,and powder, and even some brass.
the powder i bought was even 6 bucks cheaper than the last time i bought it.
and they had a lot of 7.62x39 ammo 45 acp etc....
it looked like someone had picked over their loaded cheap shotgun shells pretty well though.

PS Paul
12-28-2012, 01:14 AM
What happens when Pauls been devoured?? Do we start over? Nope. Then our Chinese/Red Communist overlords simply hang a shingle on the govt. offices where all their useful idots have been working for the past few years......

Gunload Master
12-28-2012, 01:52 AM
Nope dont want to pique anyones interest. But I did go look. Looks like gunload master was visiting my profile page though.

I'd just like to see all you mods get together under 1 roof and get to actually know each other. You all do an amazing job, and you all need an acknowledgement of how good a job you guys do, and to keep up the good work. I had some thoughts on something with you, but I let it go. No worries :)

fatboy
12-28-2012, 02:12 AM
if the price is more than i am willing to pay, I dont Buy it. If I am asking to much, dont buy it. I dont have time or the reason to judge others for the deals they make, That is none of my business.

Springfield
12-28-2012, 02:54 AM
Price gouging, what an interesting concept. If I had some AR mags that I was willing to part with(which I don't) and some idiot on e-bay was willing to pay me an exhorbitant price for them I would sell them. To me price gouging is selling something that is a necessary item, like food, and selling it WAY over regular prices because for some reason it became scarce, and letting someone buy more than they needed just because they had the money and wanted to keep it all to themselves when others are in desperate need of it. AR mags are NOT a necessary item.

plmitch
12-28-2012, 02:56 AM
Price gouging, what an interesting concept. If I had some AR mags that I was willing to part with(which I don't) and some idiot on e-bay was willing to pay me an exhorbitant price for them I would sell them. To me price gouging is selling something that is a necessary item, like food, and selling it WAY over regular prices because for some reason it became scarce, and letting someone buy more than they needed just because they had the money and wanted to keep it all to themselves when others are in desperate need of it. AR mags are NOT a necessary item.

Well said Sir!

jethunter
12-28-2012, 12:22 PM
Price gouger should refer to people who overcharge for basics like food and shelter during times of disaster. Otherwise it's just free enterprise.

On the other hand - how many of us have looked at a really low price and said - "I'm not buying that because the seller isn't making enough profit on it."? That doesn't happen too often, I bet.

Most of us don't worry about the seller going bankrupt or getting less than market value. But we get huffy when we think somebody is over charging simply because we ourselves are also opportunistic and want to pay as little as possible.

The "gougers" don't give a darn about us in the same way we don't give a darn about the seller who sells too low. We all try to get the best deal we can and I'm no different.

If it's too expensive don't buy it. If enough people feel the same way then prices will drop. If people do keep buying then you were wrong and missed the boat.

As a Canadian who saw the AR-15 go to "restricted and registered" status some 10-15 years ago, all I can say is that if I could go back in time and buy a non-registered AR15 for $2000 - I'd buy five. You won't miss the money.

Just my $.02.

GLL
12-28-2012, 12:32 PM
No, but you won't be able to 'hear' yourself, anymore.
Then you'll never know what you're talking about.
The best comment of the week !
:) :)

Jerry