PDA

View Full Version : Ordered a new rifle for my daughter

Love Life
12-26-2012, 05:16 PM
So there I was larger than life roaming around the LGS with my little girl in tow. She enjoys the gun shop because they have a dog. After grabbing a couple Glock 17 magazines we mosied on over to the counter. They had a little 22 cricket on the wall, but it was black and they would have to order other colors. I got to inquiring about colors and such and the store owner let my daughter pick out the color she wanted on the store computer (have to love local gun shops). He'll give me a call when it gets here.

My daughters first rifle is on the way. I am excited, now time to go make sure my stash of 22 shorts haven't grown legs and walked away...

That little girl was so excited picking it out and now I'm not sure who is more excited for it to get here. Enjoy the small things in life.

starmac
12-26-2012, 05:31 PM
She will love it. I bought one for my daughter when she was little. (black) That little gun went through two daughters and my son, and is still set to be my grandsons first rifle.

Smitty's Retired
12-26-2012, 05:36 PM
Congrats, and this is what memories are made of. Both for you, and for her.

Rick N Bama
12-26-2012, 05:48 PM
That cricket doesn't look like much, but the 2 I've shot have shot well. I bought my oldest grandson one when he turned 9, now it's working its' way down to his 2 younger brothers.

Rick

Jal5
12-26-2012, 06:37 PM
Dick I am sure you and your daughter will have a lot of fun with that little Cricket. Have a great time. Joe

Jim
12-26-2012, 06:41 PM

Love Life
12-26-2012, 07:15 PM
Are there 5 shots in the pasty on the left?

Smitty's Retired
12-26-2012, 08:00 PM
I count at least four distinct impact patterns, that means the 5th one was dead center.:guntootsmiley: You must have been having an off day there Jim. :kidding:

mjwcaster
12-27-2012, 03:31 PM
My seven year old daughter just went shooting with me a couple of weeks ago, for her first time.
She loved it, but none of the 22 rifles fit her, I had here shooting from a rest.
I was just looking online at cricket's last night when I found out about the Savage Rascal.
Accu-triger and peep sights.
I think we will head out to some stores over christmas break and check them both out, let her pick which one she wants.
She has already picked the blue stock on the Rascal (she hates pink and girly stuff, we had to threaten her to even get her hair curled for Xmas).
I'm glad were getting more choices for youth guns, without getting the children started our firearms heritage will be lost.
Love Life have fun getting your daughter shooting, I know I am happy to have a range buddy. Gracie got mad at me the next weekend for not taking her to the range because she was sick, she had spent some of her birthday money on a brick of ammo and wanted to shoot. Shes been my fishing buddy since she was 3, and always wants just one more cast no matter what, cold rain, bugs, darkness whatever. I never thought I would have to be the responsible one and stop the fishing.

Oh yeah and beautiful shooting Jim.

Matt