PDA

View Full Version : BB guns!

Blammer
12-25-2012, 05:55 PM
Unbeknownst to their mother (until it was too late!) I bought my kids a Daisy Red Ryder Carbine action BB gun!

and a can of 6,000 BB's.

We had some serious fun today shooting tin cans and plastic bottles and stuff.

They said they never knew how much fun this could be! (I did!)

They are hooked!

Merry Christmas!

double8
12-25-2012, 06:05 PM
You'll shoot your eye out!!!!!!

MERRY CHRISTMAS......HO,HO, HO :-D

Olevern
12-25-2012, 06:09 PM
Sometimes it's better to ask forgiveness than permission, especially when you know what the answer will be! I consulted no one when I bought my grandson his first dirtbike (complete with training wheels) for his forth birthday. When it came in I parked it in the living room with a great bow on it and called my daughter to bring the boy over, as I had something for him. Once he saw it, there was no going back.....

Tazman1602
12-25-2012, 06:09 PM
Unbeknownst to their mother (until it was too late!) I bought my kids a Daisy Red Ryder Carbine action BB gun!

and a can of 6,000 BB's.

We had some serious fun today shooting tin cans and plastic bottles and stuff.

They said they never knew how much fun this could be! (I did!)

They are hooked!

Merry Christmas!

YOU'LL PUT YOUR EYE OUT!!!!!

Best Christmas present in the world! I remember my first one, it was a special Roy Rodgers edition. Then when I got a Crosman 760 you could pump TEN times I thought I had a REAL gun!

I musta' put 10,000 Bob's down that old daisy!

MBTcustom
12-25-2012, 06:13 PM
One of my clients sells insurance to the Daisy BB gun factory in NW Arkansas. He brought me a pink red ryder with my daughters name engraved into it at the factory! I took her out yesterday and showed her the basics. I had no idea how good it would feel to see my daughter (3 1/2 years old) shoot her first gun. Somehow "proud" just doesn't quite cut it. Especially when she came and informed me a few hours later that "it is time to shoot, and we can all take turns together."

Hamish
12-25-2012, 06:20 PM
"it is time to shoot, and we can all take turns together."

And that, as they say, was the final word on the subject!

Last night I was thinking about how I was going to have to make stocks with my twin 5 month old grandsons names in them for a pair of red ryders. @(;^]#>:::

Smitty's Retired
12-25-2012, 06:26 PM
You have just discovered what the True "Fountain Of Youth" is. Doing these things with your kids and Grandkids. I have a Daisy Red Ryder that will be given to my youngest grandson as soon as he turns 4. The only problem is its 2 and 1/2 more years.

gbrown
12-25-2012, 08:16 PM
I bought my grandson (19 yoa), lives under my roof, a black zombie killer with a lot of "eye candy" stuff to go with it. His mother was incensed--anti gun, pro Obama. Nuff said. I simply ignored all and pointed it out that it was not an "assault rifle", a semi-automatic in .223. I have a Mini-14, no one says anything about it. BTW, his girlfriend got a 12 ga. for Christmas. Guess where I will be tomorrow? Just need some more .224 projectiles, and spend some time at the Dillon. Hey, Blammer--take some old canning caps, the wide mouth kind. Use red duck tape and wrap the edges. Throw them vertically so the flat sides are facing the shooter. (use eye protection!!) Have the kids learn to hit them on the fly. I've done it with 2 of my grandsons. Good for "over the top" shooting or snap shots, or shotgun training. We were trained with BB guns in the early '70's by the army with that.

LUCKYDAWG13
12-25-2012, 08:23 PM
i got my son one for Christmas 5 years ago we still shoot it a lot
we put in old tin singe up as a gong in the backyard

starmac
12-25-2012, 09:05 PM
Well I'm backwards, I gave my 2 year old grandson a 44 mag, in his dads care of course until he thinks he deserves it on his own. The way he is growing Sometime within the next year or two, it will be time for a bb gun, and to start him on the cricket.