Hickory
12-25-2012, 12:53 PM
I,m
typing this from my new Kindle.
Still learning how to use it.
This is the first site I got on

**oneshot**
12-25-2012, 01:37 PM
you made it! Bought the better half one she opened this morning.

Down South
12-25-2012, 02:52 PM
I bought my wife one for our anniversary. She loves it. I bought this Ipad I using to reply to this with and I love it.

JeffinNZ
12-25-2012, 05:12 PM
My 8 year old daughter got one from her grandparents. Loves it. That is now 3 Kindles in the house.

scottiemom
12-25-2012, 07:42 PM
I have been wanting a Kindle for years- which model do you have? Are books easy to read on it - especially at night? thanks

lavenatti
12-25-2012, 08:05 PM
I have an older (two years) kindle with the electronic paper screen. I love it, never thought I would prefer it over a paper book but I do. My son and his wife gave it to me as a Christmas gift in 2010. This year they got me an upgrade to the newer one with the illuminated screen. I found all my previous purchases on my "cloud" in about a minute and really like the lit up screen -don't even need a light on. I've been reading a book for about two hours and it's even better than the last one.

I got my wife the Kindle fire last year. The darn thing keeps her busy all day - I got her the bigger Kindle HD this year. So we have 4 of them in the house with two people.

Hickory
12-25-2012, 08:30 PM
I have been wanting a Kindle for years- which model do you have? Are books easy to read on it - especially at night? thanks

I got thr kindle fire HD 7"
i was suprised at how clear it s.

plmitch
12-25-2012, 10:12 PM
never without my kindle fire.

JeffinNZ
12-25-2012, 10:14 PM

The 'Fire' is independently lit and you can read in the dark. Sheryl got one this time last year and it is glued to her hand! Kiera's is a 'Touch' and mine is a '3G Wifi' neither of which are lit so require ambient lighting. Their batteries last for YONKS where as the 'Fire' is harder on battery life.

I never thought I would like an e-reader but it's great. I guess if you like to read the format does't matter.

waksupi
12-25-2012, 10:42 PM
Kindle Paperwhite also has a lit screen.