PDA

View Full Version : OMG! Christmas!

Just Duke
12-25-2012, 12:32 PM
I ate more sugar coated junk and high fat food than I have eaten all year over the last week.
Someone had creampuffs at one of the parties....... That was my station for the night. Guard the creampuff. lol

What kinda junk did you guys eat?

Beagle333
12-25-2012, 12:38 PM
Oh Holy Night.....I ate it all!!! Red Velvet and carrot cakes AND cupcakes of the same stuff... , cookies with every kind of chocolate and peanut butter and caramel and real butter in em, ..... all sorts of filled things, ... things crusted with suger and drizzled with chocolate and things stuffed with other things that are bad for me. I think I had chocolate-coated and sugar-crusted chunks of sugared chocolate. LOL

Trey45
12-25-2012, 12:38 PM
You know those little sausage and cheese balls? About the size of a shooter marble? Yeah those.
We don't have any left.

imashooter2
12-25-2012, 12:43 PM
Crystal mints and fruit cake before dinner. After, homemade apple, pumpkin and pecan pies with real whipped cream, not that dung from a spray can. And today is turkey sandwich day. Sweet Lord how I love turkey sandwiches!

BoolitSchuuter
12-25-2012, 12:45 PM
A huge carrot cake cupcake, and snacked on a bag of turtles.

MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!![smilie=s: :guntootsmiley: :happy dance: :drinks: :2 drunk buddies:

Just Duke
12-25-2012, 12:55 PM
Pot Lucks are the worst. Enough food for fives times the people there.
We brought a ham. We left it there. ;) We left 40 drowsy sedate couples that could barely move. Barbie and I were laughing so hard when we ROLLED! ourselves out to the truck we had tears in our eyes.

JonB_in_Glencoe
12-25-2012, 12:59 PM
Last night was Elk Roast with a dark red Zin.

Today ??? at my Daughter's familys place.
Jon

clintsfolly
12-25-2012, 01:10 PM
Last night was prime rib!! I cook it just right. Today is turkey and all the trimmings plus we going to resume at the cookies, cheese balls ,snacks,wine beer and anything you want and we have. Tomorrow will be leftovers and running about!! Happy holidays to all. Clint

Down South
12-25-2012, 02:04 PM
I think it might be an easier question to ask, what kind of junk food that I didn't eat last week.

10x
12-25-2012, 03:29 PM
This was the first year in over 30 years my inlaws did not invade and occupy for Christmas Eve to eat enough food to feed a starving African nation for six months.
We had our usual Christmas eve fare with a prime rib cooked to perfection (easy with the new digital meat thermometers), baked potatoes, and brussells sprouts cooked with bacon.
And for desert and breakfast this morning, home made mince pie.

Desertbuck
12-25-2012, 03:38 PM
Beer!

Highway41
12-25-2012, 03:45 PM
Moms homemade butter pecan fudge. You just CANNOT STOP at one piece. It just melts in your mouth. :D

Artful
12-25-2012, 03:46 PM
Burger, Pizza at in-laws

and Monster Cookies for dessert

like these

http://www.recipegirl.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/08/Monster-Cookies-11.jpg

Easy Monster Cookies Recipe
Author: divas can cook
Recipe type: cookies, dessert,
Cook time: 12 mins
Total time: 12 mins
Serves: 18-20

Ingredients
1¼ cups chunky peanut butter
1 cup light brown sugar, packed
1 cup granulated white sugar
8 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
3 large eggs
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
4 cups quick cooking, 1-minute oats
2 teaspoons baking soda
1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
1 cup M&M’s
½ cup caramel bits
Instructions
Preheat oven to 350.
Cream together peanut butter, brown sugar, white sugar, and butter with a mixer.
Mix in eggs, vanilla extract, and oats.
Stir in chocolate chips, m&m’s and caramel bits.
Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
Shape 1½ -2 tablespoons of dough into a ball. (dough will be very sticky. Wet your hands with water to help if needed)
Place onto a cookie sheet and gently press down to flatten slightly. (skip this step if you prefer a thicker cookie) Be careful not to overcrowd the pan these cookies get REALLY big)
Press a few m& m’s and chocolate chips into the dough to make it look prettier (optional)
Bake for 12 minutes. (baking time will vary based on thickness)
Remove from oven and let cookies rest in the pan until slightly cooled and settled. Cookies will continue to bake while cooling in the pan so be careful not to overbake in the oven.
Place cookies on a cooling rack to finish cooling.
Enjoy with a tall glass of milk. Yum!
Read More http://divascancook.com/2012/10/easy-monster-cookies-recipe-best-cookie-recipe.html

- came home for my wine - had enough whine at the in-laws

Cooking the ham now, at our house to take over to the in-laws for Dinner.

Coated in Mustard mix, Ginger Snap cookie dust, Brown Sugar and Kentucky Bourbon

Merry Christmas to ALL

375supermag
12-25-2012, 04:09 PM
Hi...

We had steamed shrimp last night,its a tradition at our house. My oldest daughter came over with the three granddaughters and her husband.

The 2-3" of snow we got yesterday afternoon really set the scene.

My wife also made enough homemade cookies and fudge to feed a small army. We also had a cheese and bologna tray and a raw veggie tray.

After eight people ate last night, we still have enough leftover steamed shrimp to feed another family or two or maybe three.

My youngest daughter and grandson will be back in town after New Year's, so we get to do Christmas all over again with them.

And then the dieting will begin in earnest.

We will have a standing rib roast for dinner this evening. That is a tradition that we started a few years ago. We just lost interest in baked ham or roast turkey.

Just Duke
12-25-2012, 04:11 PM
We just finished up ribs! Woo Hoo!

possom813
12-25-2012, 04:13 PM
Pulled pork bbq sandwiches, potato salad and french fries last night...

You ever had sugared pecans? Yeah, neither has the rest of the family [smilie=1:

41 mag fan
12-25-2012, 04:16 PM
I had rice cakes with tofu topping

Just Duke
12-25-2012, 04:17 PM
I had rice cakes with tofu topping

Are you a super model on a diet? lol
You need to buy that 1886 and go shoot something with meat on it's bones.

41 mag fan
12-25-2012, 04:23 PM
Are you a super model on a diet? lol
You need to buy that 1886 and go shoot something with meat on it's bones.

lmao...I'm a skin and bone 270lbs, 6'tall.
I threw that in there to hear the yuck!!!

Shoot I fixed a ham, turkey, cheesedip using Rectal Fire hot sauce, green bean casserole, pastromi salad, cowboy beans, yeast rolls.
the wife fixed her to die for sugar cookies, key lime pie, my mother fixed her brownies, and chex mix.
My brother brought Cookies and Cream desert.
My daughter made puppy chow mix.

I'll be eating hame and turkey for days now. Fixed them both in the crock pots, and made everyone drool while they were cooking!

Gunshow comes back thru Feb2. I'll be there. Inbetween I put a Marlin 45-70 on layaway and will probably get it out next week.

Just Duke
12-25-2012, 04:37 PM
lmao...I'm a skin and bone 270lbs, 6'tall.
I threw that in there to hear the yuck!!!

Shoot I fixed a ham, turkey, cheesedip using Rectal Fire hot sauce,

Yuck is right.
Oh My! I thought you were kidding http://www.hotsauceworld.com/recrocfuel.html

41 mag fan
12-25-2012, 04:48 PM
Yup thats the exact same thing i got. I made a cheese dip using 2 types of cheese, a splash of Rectal Rocket fuel...(I call Rectal fire), a splash of green habenaro green hot sauce, some roasted jalapenos, hot chiles, and tobasco peppers, with finely minced onion.
Carmelize the jalapenos, hot chiles and tobasco peppers and onion in butter and Mongoose hot sauce in a pan....{hot peppers are finely diced}

Mix 2 jars each of chile con queso cheese and a pkg of velveta, in a small crock pot,
add the peppers when cheese is melted, stirring in real good.
Add a jar of your choice hot salsa
Add your preference of how much, Green Habenaro Hot sauce, and Rectal rocket Fuel.

Serve on chips and or mix with hamburger and serve on Nachos

Next morning have plenty of wet towels by toilet as they'll be needed!!

Smitty's Retired
12-25-2012, 06:42 PM
We had our family's Christmas Dinner on Christmas Eve. We decided to go a little un-traditional. There were three Crock Pots, Chili, Meatballs in the Chili Sauce and Cranberry Sauce mixture, a type of home made Chicken Chowder, Cornbread, dinner rolls, pigs in a blanket, stuffed ham wraps, and for the sweets, about three types of fudge, cupcakes, chocolate dipped brownies on a stick, Something called Oreo Balls coated in cream marshmallow and dipped in chocolate, and what I thought was the best of all......a home made Pecan Pie. All this for 8 adults and 5 Children. Geeeeesh, If I eat any more, I'll have to hold my hand up so you can tell if I'm walking or rolling.

Harter66
12-25-2012, 07:05 PM
Last night was enchilada casarole,big pot of beans an bacon.

Tonight is ham,turkey,stuffing,rice,corn,green beans,apple and pecan pie. Too bad I left that big horn sheep roast in the freezer 1600 miles away....