PDA

View Full Version : Optics

Beekeeper
12-24-2012, 04:36 PM
We don't have a section for optics so figured I would ask my question here!
Does anyone use Stony Point Target knobs?

Reason for asking is I was thinking of putting some on some Bushnell scopes I have.
"I know ,I'm cheap" but I have the scopes and would like to utilize them on some of my Milsurp Rifles.
Looked on the sites that handle them but see no writeups about using them on Bushnell scopes.
Google foo will get you to various sites about Leupold/Bushnell scopes with stony Point knobs but there isn't any info on Bushnell there.

If you finally get to stony Points Web Site it gives contact data for Bushnell, closed naturally for Christmas, so thought to ask the membership.

beekeeper

Jim Flinchbaugh
12-24-2012, 05:29 PM
Great question as I was thinking of ordering one next month on payday!
Watching with great interest

Beekeeper
12-25-2012, 10:56 AM
Thought I would give it a bump before letting it die

beekeeper

Beekeeper
12-26-2012, 11:14 AM
OK Jim here is what I was able to find out.
No they do not make them for Bushnell scopes and are discontinueing the complete line they have for Leupold scopes!
Bushnell owns Stony Point.
The young lady I talked to stated they had no intention of making them for Bushnell scopes but would pass my idea and request on up the line.
In other words " don't hold your breath".
Bushnell seems to be anti anything now!!

beekeeper

Junior1942
12-26-2012, 11:39 AM
I suggest reading the reviews at MidWay before you buy.

Beekeeper
12-26-2012, 12:26 PM
Don't help a lot Junior when you have 1/2 dozen Bushnells and don't want to buy something else.
Not that I can't I just have some I've had for 50 years.
Got a 4x Bushnell I bought 55 years ago on a 30/06 and it still holds zero.
Just have some I'd like to put target knobs on.
Oh well I'll keep looking, maybe someday someone will make them.

beekeeper

Jim Flinchbaugh
12-26-2012, 12:29 PM
Well I have already read the reviews on Midway, You can tell some people still can't tie their own shoes.
I have a 2.5-8 Leupold I wanted on for, so guess I'm in luck for now. I dont want a permanent install
or I'd just send the scope back to Leupold.

Beekeeper
12-26-2012, 01:32 PM
Jim,
Have my 3rd scope back at Leupold for target knobs now.
Their service is A+++++ bar none.
$86 and change to get an elivation knob installed and a complete check up of scope.
The checkup includes a info sheet as to knob calibrations.

Sent them a varX1 and received call that the internals were damaged. They sent me a new scope free of charge.

Would only use Leupold but have 1/2 dozen Bushnells and the expence of changing over isn't in my budget right now.

Highly recommend the sending back to Leupold. Go to their web site, takes a little looking but they have a sheet you can down load with your instructions for sending and what you want done to the scope.
When they start on it they will call you an let you you know anything they find.
Can't say enough good about them.

beekeeper