PDA

View Full Version : To The Moderator

genesis
12-23-2012, 12:33 PM
This whole issue of gun control and banning certain weapons is already at a fever pitch. And it's going to get much worse. It effects every gun owner in America, which means it effects every member of this forum. The media is doing all it can to shape public opinion against responsible gun owners. On a Sunday morning news show, one guest speaker said assault weapons were just the first step. She wants to ban "ALL" semi auto weapons, "period".

We have so many forums, but none to cover this most important topic. Can you create a separate forum under the General Forum for this most crucial topic and make it very prominent so everyone can be made aware of this crisis. Buried under "Our Town" just doesn't give it the attention it deserves. Please do something so this topic receives the broadest possible exposure to all of our members. Our 2nd Amendment rights may disappear.

"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government." George Washington

Don <><

Gunload Master
12-23-2012, 12:39 PM
We have a politics forum that most of these topics fall under. We have it restricted to users who have been here 30 days and have 25 posts to be able to view it.

waksupi
12-23-2012, 12:53 PM
Yep, if someone shows up here just to rant in the political section, we can do without them. Same as fly-by sellers.

Blammer
12-23-2012, 12:55 PM
Pleanty of other political boards that will accomodate that.

tomme boy
12-23-2012, 01:21 PM
The only way something is going to happen is if the Rep. cave in. I don,t think they are going to risk their jobs to cave in on this. But, if they do cave, it will be attatched to the the tax bills for the fiscal cliff.

markinalpine
12-23-2012, 01:55 PM
The only way something is going to happen is if the Rep. cave in. I don,t think they are going to risk their jobs to cave in on this. But, if they do cave, it will be attatched to the the tax bills for the fiscal cliff.

AAARGHHH! Just responded with a political comment. I editted it to cover for my faus pas, because I agree with the moderator.
Mark :coffeecom

runfiverun
12-23-2012, 02:30 PM
with everything going on nowdays it seems the political forum is the "gun grab alert" forum anymore.

41 mag fan
12-23-2012, 02:35 PM
Hey off subject here, but this morning I was on here and had my anti virus software alert me of a malicious attack. i don't know if it came from the website or where. Only place I was on or browser I had opened.
I'm not computer savvy enough to know, but I didn't know if the mods would need to know this or not.
Luckily Norton stopped it

genesis
12-23-2012, 02:48 PM
We have a politics forum that most of these topics fall under. We have it restricted to users who have been here 30 days and have 25 posts to be able to view it.

No wonder I couldn't find it as I have only 18 posts. I understand the desire to keep spammers and ranters out of our forum, but this policy may prohibit many members from viewing and participating in this most critical issue. We shouldn't simply pass this on to other boards. We're all responsible gun owners in this forum (hopefully), and have a great deal at stake here. This issue needs all the support we can garner. The moderators must have member lists which indicate the number of posts for each member. Do the majority of our members have over 25 posts? I mean absolutely no disrespect here. My intent was to rally all of our members to be pro-active and write letters to their legislators. I just felt we could do more in this forum to help accomplish that. I've been a shooter and reloader for over 40 years. I sure don't want to loose my 2nd Amendment rights. I apologize if I'm out of order. My intentions were sincere.

Don <><

41 mag fan
12-23-2012, 03:01 PM
Don..keep posting, you only got 6 more posts to go. Answer back to this post and it'll be 5 more.
We all believe in what you're posting and the fervor of not letting our rights to be taken away by an idiot with no respect for human lives, esp a kids life.

But the post limit was set up due to there being alot of spammers coming on here and cause alot of problems. You do a recent search on here and I believe it was Dean or Waksupi that told a smidge of what they have to do. Really opened my eyes and more respect for them was an immediate. They really do alot to keep this place as it is now....but the rules are there for a reason, not to hinder someone like you or me or any other member on here whose landed on this site and likes to be here.

farmerjim
12-23-2012, 03:05 PM
Can't wait for my 30-25 to get in on the politics forum.

oneokie
12-23-2012, 03:17 PM
No wonder I couldn't find it as I have only 18 posts. I understand the desire to keep spammers and ranters out of our forum, but this policy may prohibit many members from viewing and participating in this most critical issue. We shouldn't simply pass this on to other boards. We're all responsible gun owners in this forum (hopefully), and have a great deal at stake here. This issue needs all the support we can garner. The moderators must have member lists which indicate the number of posts for each member. Do the majority of our members have over 25 posts? I mean absolutely no disrespect here. My intent was to rally all of our members to be pro-active and write letters to their legislators. I just felt we could do more in this forum to help accomplish that. I've been a shooter and reloader for over 40 years. I sure don't want to loose my 2nd Amendment rights. I apologize if I'm out of order. My intentions were sincere.

Don <><

genesis, look to the left of any post on the site, a members number of posts is shown below their name, join date, location.

btroj
12-23-2012, 03:35 PM
I like things just the way they are. If a person owns firearms today and isn't aware of impending gun control legislation I would question whether or not they are alive.

Blammer
12-23-2012, 03:45 PM
no harm no foul genisis.

glad to have you aboard. What cal you like to cast for?

white eagle
12-23-2012, 04:24 PM
I like things just the way they are. If a person owns firearms today and isn't aware of impending gun control legislation I would question whether or not they are alive.

Pretty much sums up my pov as well
besides there are times when people seek an escape from all of this political mish/mash and strife in the world
and seek the company of comrades with the same interests

cbrick
12-23-2012, 04:58 PM
Pretty much sums up my pov as well
besides there are times when people seek an escape from all of this political mish/mash and strife in the world
and seek the company of comrades with the same interests

Yep, absolutely!

Don, I understand your concern but I doubt very much there is a single member here that is not acutely aware of what's going on.

Rick

Blacksmith
12-23-2012, 04:59 PM
Genesis
Glad you are here. How long have you been casting? Have you added your experience to the thread that is accumulating the total years of experience?

Mooseman
12-23-2012, 05:36 PM
Welcome aboard !
Keep posting and the categories will open for you !

Rich

Dean D.
12-23-2012, 06:20 PM
Don..keep posting, you only got 6 more posts to go. Answer back to this post and it'll be 5 more.
We all believe in what you're posting and the fervor of not letting our rights to be taken away by an idiot with no respect for human lives, esp a kids life.

But the post limit was set up due to there being alot of spammers coming on here and cause alot of problems. You do a recent search on here and I believe it was Dean or Waksupi that told a smidge of what they have to do. Really opened my eyes and more respect for them was an immediate. They really do alot to keep this place as it is now....but the rules are there for a reason, not to hinder someone like you or me or any other member on here whose landed on this site and likes to be here.

Thanks for the kind words and support 41 Mag Fan, they mean a lot. You nailed it right on the head. We aren't out to make it harder on new members, we just try to maintain the welcoming hometown atmosphere here. Part of that is keeping the various sections "ON topic". I hope everyone understands. You'd have a heck of a time finding anything here if we didn't! [smilie=1:

41 mag fan
12-23-2012, 10:23 PM
Thanks for the kind words and support 41 Mag Fan, they mean a lot. You nailed it right on the head. We aren't out to make it harder on new members, we just try to maintain the welcoming hometown atmosphere here. Part of that is keeping the various sections "ON topic". I hope everyone understands. You'd have a heck of a time finding anything here if we didn't! [smilie=1:

you're quite welcome Dean. You and all the mods on this forum are a good bunch, that keeps the website up and going for all of us on here. Without you group of guys, this site would be a real hodge podge to get thru, there wouldn't be the members numbers we have now and that number keeps growing, due to a user friendly, family atmosphere. Keep up the good work!!

MT Gianni
12-23-2012, 11:59 PM
An other reason to keep politics out of Our Town is not all of our members are from the USA. It does them a disservice to listen to US politics, imo.

41 mag fan
12-24-2012, 10:55 AM
An other reason to keep politics out of Our Town is not all of our members are from the USA. It does them a disservice to listen to US politics, imo.

Thats true MT Gianni.....never thought of it like that before. But we do need a place like Our Town where the folks overseas can come to and don't have to filter thru the the gun politics the U.S. is going thru. Lord knows they got their own problems with their countries gun control propaganda

migtek02
12-24-2012, 01:11 PM
I am slowly working my way to 25 posts, mostly I wish to contribute if I have a nugget of info that is relevant. Mostly I ask questions and try not to ask frivolous ones.

Ajax
12-26-2012, 07:09 AM
There is no frivolous questions. We all started somewhere and you wont know unless you ask. There are many accidents that have happened because people were worried about asking a dumb question.

Andy

HATCH
12-26-2012, 08:50 AM
Just use search before you post your question as it may of already been asked.
You can also go to the chat room and ask in there as most of the time someone in there will have a answer... might not be the right one but still a answer ;-)

genesis
12-26-2012, 03:15 PM
no harm no foul genisis. glad to have you aboard. What cal you like to cast for?

Hi Blammer. OP here. I cast for 44 Mag/Spcl, 357 mag, 38 spec, and 40 S&W. I've never shot jacketed bullets from any of my guns. Except, my girl friend just got me a real nice brand new Siaga 223 Sporter (AK 47 variant) for my birthday, and I may start casting for that. For now I'm shooting 5.56 NATO in it. I have a shooting range on my property and my girlfriend and I do a lot of shooting together. I reclaim all of my lead (mostly wheel weight) for recasting, so my only recurring costs are for powder and primers. I limit velocity to around 1000 FPS. I can reload just about any pistol caliber (sans gas check) for $2 a box. My girl friend lives alone and earlier this year I got her a Ruger LCR 38 Spcl for her birthday and taught her how to shoot. I'm a retired teacher, and she really appreciates my patience with her. That is so critical when teaching someone how to shoot. Besides some bulls eye shooting, we practice a lot of defensive scenarios. We're both 67 and thoroughly enjoy the shooting sport. I spent 8 years in the Marine Corps, Gunnery Sergeant (E-7), Viet Nam vet. Once a Marine, always a marine, Semper Fi. Won my fair share of local IPSC matches and bowling pin shoots, and with a revolver no less. Competed in the 1984 IPSC nationals (Don't ask how I faired. It was a humbling experience.).

Don <><

blackthorn
12-26-2012, 03:53 PM
As far as these posts doing any disservice to those of us that live outside the U.S., don't worry about it. most if not all of us have been or are faced with those same issues and I for one am VERY interested in what goes on across the border! Further, we may have some input with respect to how we tried to deal with this same issue and what helped (or did not) so keep those informative posts comming!!! Good luck and God bless!

Bad Water Bill
12-26-2012, 04:41 PM
genesis

See how fast you can reply to some of us here on this page and you can make your 25 before the sun sets over Tomahawk where my cabin USED to be.

That invite goes for other newbies here. No we do NOT bight.

The moderators do appreciate a 5 gal bucket of wheel weights from time to time. :castmine:

fatelk
12-27-2012, 02:12 PM
I don't frequent very many forums, and only occasionally others besides this one, but from what I've seen castboolits is one of the few that allows political discussions at all, and the politics section is surprisingly civil.

As to why some folks don't want any political discussions: I think a lot of our members might be surprised at just how many gun owners and enthusiasts do not support pro-gun politics (but that's a discussion for the politics section, isn't it?). :)

fishhawk
12-27-2012, 02:30 PM
And if it doesn't stay civil the beatings commence until civility returns! :kidding:

Bad Water Bill
12-27-2012, 04:01 PM
And if it doesn't stay civil the beatings commence until civility returns! :kidding:

Since the word is out that ALL of the moderators were issued NEW cat O 9 tails my question is are the tails finished with fish hooks or the typical PB shot?:bigsmyl2:

1Shirt
12-27-2012, 04:03 PM
Old yankee sayin: Don't fix what ain't broke!
1Shirt!

oneokie
12-27-2012, 04:14 PM
Since the word is out that ALL of the moderators were issued NEW cat O 9 tails my question is are the tails finished with fish hooks or the typical PB shot?:bigsmyl2:

That is classified information. 8-)

fishhawk
12-27-2012, 04:27 PM
If we told you then we would have to kill you.......

Blacksmith
12-27-2012, 08:33 PM

Whisper: They use special cast lead fish hooks. It was a Moderator group buy special mold.

Just Duke
12-27-2012, 08:49 PM
They want them all. You have no say so. They will get there way no matter what.
They are the kings, we are the serfs. Discussion is futile.

"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government." George Washington
Don <><

You have inherited the past and it's your duty to hold onto it without discussion or question.

Our 2nd Amendment rights may disappear.
That would be your fault if it happened.

Wal'
12-28-2012, 05:39 AM
As far as these posts doing any disservice to those of us that live outside the U.S., don't worry about it. most if not all of us have been or are faced with those same issues and I for one am VERY interested in what goes on across the border! Further, we may have some input with respect to how we tried to deal with this same issue and what helped (or did not) so keep those informative posts comming!!! Good luck and God bless!

Another vote from a little further south, when it comes to todays politics' were all a little closer than most think.

Also when push comes to shove, personally, I'm quite happy to have big brother looking over my shoulder, big brother as in the US of A.

sav300
12-28-2012, 07:01 AM
What happened over there has our state premier (state headman) jumping up and down for more gun control,
and I am NOT blaming America or you guys.Getting tired of restrictions upon restrictions.
The Firearms registry is trying to limit our ranges to 8mm and no larger rifles,