PDA

View Full Version : Wallmart

starmac
12-21-2012, 12:32 AM
Well I just got back from wallmart and had to check the sporting section.
They only had 2 ar's left Bushmaster was a little over 900, I don't have a clue what they have been selling for.
The ammo shelves were stocked as well as they could be, they must have stocked them very recently as there was no more room for ammo.
Pistol cases were full as were the rifle racks and I was the only one at the gun counter even with the store full of customers.

Apparently the madness has not hit here yet, or maybe it is over for a while.

10x
12-21-2012, 01:14 AM
Well I just got back from wallmart and had to check the sporting section.
They only had 2 ar's left Bushmaster was a little over 900, I don't have a clue what they have been selling for.
The ammo shelves were stocked as well as they could be, they must have stocked them very recently as there was no more room for ammo.
Pistol cases were full as were the rifle racks and I was the only one at the gun counter even with the store full of customers.

Apparently the madness has not hit here yet, or maybe it is over for a while.

Maybe people are waiting for payday.

starmac
12-21-2012, 01:23 AM
Well if they are, they are hanging out at wallmart. the joint was FULL of people.
I'll probably try to run by sportsmans tomorrow, to see how there stock is holding up, but I bet it isn't going to be anything like 08 here. I think many are still stocked up. lol

Infidel
12-21-2012, 02:50 AM
I don't know. My daughter was at Ohio Valley tonight and there was a guy in line (at least a half hour wait) with the last of their AK's. Her boyfriend bought his first rifle, a Mosin Nagant with 440 rds of ammo. They seem to have a bunch of those still available.
I was looking online at Woodbury's for a 22 Ruger 22/45. They had almost none in stock. I'm thinking things are selling pretty fast in SE Ohio.
Oh, and there was a double stabbing at a college in Toledo last night. How much coverage did that get?

shotman4
12-21-2012, 05:06 AM
I would bet anyone in AK dont give a ------- about what is going on down here. LOL

bob208
12-21-2012, 05:47 AM
i have not bought store ammo in so long. i went into sticker shock when i saw the prices. so i came home and loaded 500 9mm. started on the pile of .30-06. also got a bunch of number 10 cans of .45 acp and .38 spl to get on.
about a month ago or so every time i go by a walmart i stop and get a few boxes of federal champion or automatch ammo. my ruger mkl and mkll both like it.

Mooseman
12-21-2012, 06:03 AM
I would bet anyone in AK dont give a ------- about what is going on down here. LOL
Its because we stockpiled WAY before this mess...We can see Russia from here ! LOL

Four-Sixty
12-21-2012, 09:07 AM
Down here in Georgia I stopped by one Wal-Mart that keeps the ammo out on the shelf. They were wiped out of 22lr. They were low on a lot of ammo, but still had a good selection. That was about a week ago.

Last night I visited a Walmart closer to my home. This is the first time I did not see a Mini-14 in the glass case. It was full of other rifles and shotguns. No ARs ever in this store. Half of the ammo was completely gone. They were low on a lot of other stuff.

I also visited the local sporting goods store. They have a large selection of guns. They were down to their last AR I overheard.

A guy I work with who dabbles as a pawn store owner tells us that people are buying ARs by the dozen locally and reselling them at a profit of about $300.

41 mag fan
12-21-2012, 09:16 AM

My thoughts exactly....1 of many reasons I'd like to pick up and move there

Moonie
12-21-2012, 02:11 PM
Wednesday I went to LGS to get an AR lower or 2, need 1 to finish an upper and wanted to start an AR pistol build. Not only were they out of them they had almost no rifles on their racks, never seen them that low. Guess I waited too long.

starmac
12-21-2012, 02:31 PM

Double wrong, for several reasons, but what goes on down there makes it's way up here just the same. lol

Mooseman has it. People up here keep pretty well stocked up on things they need, 08 also taught some lessons. I knew people that literally had to borrow enough shells for hunting season then, that usually doesn't happen twice to anyone that depends on the meat.

10x
12-21-2012, 04:13 PM
It looks like the Firearms company stock Mr. Obama's financial handler has just purchased for his "blind trust investments" are going to go up due to increased sales in the near future...

Freightman
12-21-2012, 05:22 PM
I would love to stock up on AR's but I am so broke I can't pay attention!

Reg
12-21-2012, 05:34 PM
The real shame ( or stupidity !! ) of this whole mess is, or so at least I understand, is that the AR the idiot had never left the car and never fired a shot. He did all his damage with the two pistols.
Correct me on this if I am wrong.

PS

Also to what I have heard, he had some unspecified body armor that did not come from his mother. If so, where did it come from? My understanding is that he could barely function in public.
Again, I might have to stand corrected.

Questions, questions.

PPS

If there were to be a common denominator in all of these shootings of late might it be they all were deeply addicted to video games ?

MT Gianni
12-21-2012, 05:44 PM
Thurs the 13th the Missoula walmart had a good supply of j-word bullets and powder in their reloading section. When I lived there they did not have one.

rockrat
12-21-2012, 05:47 PM
hardly an AR around here. Background checks now, waiting time is over 50 hours (next Wednesday or Thursday), with over 7,000 background checks in line. Oh, it is computerized too.

km101
12-21-2012, 06:48 PM
Went by the local Academy Sports to pick up some gun cleaning supplies. They had 6 people working at the gun counter and they were all doing a sale (9:15 am). Tlhey wee out of AR's. They sold 55 in the last 2 days, and have a waiting list for new arrivals. Plenty of ammo, but not many guns. One employee said that they had sold more gouns this week than in the previous 2 months. The feeding frenzy in on!

tmax64
12-21-2012, 07:33 PM
Sportsmans Warehouse in Colorado Springs got in 31 cases of 1000ct .223 and they were gone before the guy could stack them on the floor. 1 guy asked the price as he was taking a box and the guy said about $350 per case. Saw another guy with 4 cases in the parking lot. Glad I reload and am well stocked on components as of now.

starmac
12-21-2012, 07:41 PM
When they became available again and the price returned to normal after the 08 debacle, the local hardware store ran a sale on 223. A friend of mine bought 16 cases at one time. lol To be fair, he has 8 kids and they do a lot of shooting though.