PDA

View Full Version : How Do I Get My Post Count To Move From 12

rodnocker1
12-20-2012, 07:58 AM
Most of the time I don't pay much attention to post count (especially my own) unless I am about to trade with someone. Then I look at their join date and post count to make sure that they are an established member. That's why I am posting this.

I joined Castboolits back in 2007 and usually do more reading than posting. Most of it has been in the swapping/selling section and I've had dealings with 40+ Members on site, all good and everyone has always been happy with what I sent. I am pretty sure that I posted in those threads plus have posted in a few threads and even started a couple. It wasn't until a month or so ago that another Member PM'd me to tell me that my post count had stayed at "12", even though I had posted several times that day. My post count never rose and remained at 12 and has stayed there until a day or so ago when it dropped to "11". I thought, "What The Heck!?!?!". It was bad enough that it hadn't been going up but then I started losing post count. I made a post in the reloading section about case lube and it came back up to the magic "12" but I can't figure out why it won't rise.

Like I said, I use join date and post count as an indicator of someone being an established Member just as I'm sure most others do. So having a join date back in 2007 but only 12 posts tends to keep others from dealing with me since it seems like I am seldom here. I actually logon to Castboolits 5 or 6 times a day, everyday.

Does anyone have a clue as to why it hasn't gone up (much less why I'm losing count)? Do posts in the Swapping/Selling section not count?

ETA: it just went up to 13 so maybe the problem is fixed. I still wonder why it didn't go up in all of those years though.

AricTheRed
12-20-2012, 08:03 AM
Are you married to one of the Moderators? that might explain it, perhaps they did not hear you? :-)

oneokie
12-20-2012, 08:19 AM
Posts in Swappin and Sellin do not count.

fishhawk
12-20-2012, 08:35 AM
posts in swapping and selling do not count. Now you are probably going to ask why? Well it's because posts in swapping and selling and the WTB are deleted on a on going review to keep the pages updated and monitored to keep the sold items to a minimum so you don't have to wade through and find that a item has been sold after you click on it. steve k swapping and selling moderator

Roosters
12-20-2012, 09:05 AM
Rodnocker now would be a good time for one of them (^ +1) posts just to see if it goes up. :?:

darkroommike
12-20-2012, 09:18 AM
Rodnocker now would be a good time for one of them (^ +1) posts just to see if it goes up. :?:

I use Google Reader for an RSS feed, I see ALL the posts, read the ones that catch my attention, comment when I can contribute, and learn something everyday.

For example I just learned that posts and comments on some forums don't increment your count. [joke]

Just means you need to extend your reading to a few other forums and contribute. I'm sure we can all learn from your experiences.

We're all here 'cause we love out hobby.

oneokie
12-20-2012, 10:19 AM

From the Swappin and Sellin Header: have 25 relevant posts (+1 and me too don't count).

mold maker
12-20-2012, 10:27 AM
Maybe ya need more barbed wire.

astroskg
12-20-2012, 10:49 AM
so adding a "+1" or "What he said" counts, wow what a contribution, i feel Cheated now that i know some of the posters have thousands of "what he said" post when i thought their numbers meant they actually knew something, Yes i can Read and a lot of the top posters do know what they are talking about and i am grateful for their input and knowledge , Guess we all now know why there are so many "How many Pounds of Wheel Weights are in a 5 gallon bucket" Posts , personally i could care less weather i am a Master Caster , Master Baiter, a mold, a boolet , Boollet molder, or even a bOOb the words people write in these Blogs prove they either know what they are talking about or don't, i don't need to see 5920 posts next to a persons name so that i think the person knows what he is talking about "read what they write" and then look for the "What he said" or plus 1 comments ..... But i have noticed if someone posts a question that has few posts next to there name there seems to be very few replies but the bigger the post number they seem to have pages of replies, so maybe the number of posts next to your name does have some effect on weather people take you seriously or not personally as i stated before i read first then make my decision. happy holidays to all "May you Keep your Pots Hot and you Lead Hard"

FISH4BUGS
12-20-2012, 11:04 AM
You can only becme a Master Baiter after becoming an apprentice baiter then a journeyman baiter.

41 mag fan
12-20-2012, 11:21 AM
You can only becme a Master Baiter after becoming an apprentice baiter then a journeyman baiter.

Thats a lot of baiters to become a journeyman!!!! [smilie=1:

Roosters
12-20-2012, 11:33 AM
I didn’t say that to just make him a big post count . It was to see if it did indeed go up when he posted here instead of in swapping and selling. To see if he really had a problem. He mentioned that it went DOWN once. This thread was because he thought he had a problem . And I thought a simple + 1 here and he would know if the count was moving or not. Where is the Christmas Sprit ??

waksupi
12-20-2012, 01:13 PM
so adding a "+1" or "What he said" counts,

Go back and read that again, it says they DO NOT count. That is for the ones who haven't reached the minimum posts. We go through and eliminate those posts. After you are established, they count. We just don't want grifters coming through to peddle stuff.

Chicken Thief
12-20-2012, 01:50 PM
If the mods arw willing you can have 1000 of mine!
It's just a number.

rodnocker1
12-20-2012, 03:19 PM
You're right CT, it's just a number and I was "supposed" to have been Grandfathered in since I joined in 2007 so it's not a big deal. I had just been wondering why it had stayed at 12 forever and then dropped.

I've seen people join a site and in 1 month have 500-1,000 posts, earning them a "Gold Member" or whatever classification and other Members trust them because of the high post count. Then they start "wheeling and dealing" and suddenly alot of long standing Members get taken (like happened on the old ABT site). I'm not going to post a bunch of stuff that others had already posted, just to drive my count up. If I have something to say that will benefit the discussion then I will post it. Otherwise, I just shut up and read.

Anyway, Thanks for the clarification. I knew the "+1's" and "me too's" didn't count (I don't think I've posted any of those) but was unaware the S&S posts didn't.

I now return you to your previously scheduled program.

Dean D.
12-20-2012, 04:51 PM
I hope everyone understands the intent of our posting rules. It is not intended to give new members a hard time but rather to head off scammers who occasionally breeze in here and try to rip off the membership. In an ideal world we wouldn't need these rules. Unfortunately our world has been getting less and less ideal daily. A quick PM to a Mod will often answer any of your questions. We really ARE here to help. ;-) [smilie=s:

Roosters
12-20-2012, 05:41 PM
So there you go Rodnocker after my lynching you see that it is working. And remember swapping and selling don’t count and never never never post +1 !!!

And Dean you guys do really help, oneoki, had corrected what I had told him in post #7

runfiverun
12-20-2012, 07:20 PM
maan, if the swappin and sellin posts counted i'd probably have passed brett by now.
for a loong time that was the only area i had time to check before i got my 5 hrs of sleep and went back to work.
b.t.w. has anyone heard from him recently?

fishhawk
12-20-2012, 07:27 PM
Lamar you wouldn't even be close yet remember i keep deleting posts in swapping and selling! it's so much fun with the buttons to push!! steve k swapping and selling moderator

waksupi
12-20-2012, 07:43 PM
Rodnocker, you should be good to go in selling now, as you were grandfathered.

Dennis Eugene
12-21-2012, 11:55 AM
From Rooster,So there you go Rodnocker after my lynching you see that it is working. And remember swapping and selling don’t count and never never never post +1 !!!
+1 Dennis

GL49
12-21-2012, 03:49 PM
I think we all knew that was gonna happen