PDA

View Full Version : Out Here in Utah.....

double8
12-19-2012, 11:03 PM
This is an email I received from KSL which is one of our local TV channels. They also provide an online news and classified section. I had sold a couple of rifles via their ads, still had two listed. Needless to say, I responded.................

The actual email content:

Dear KSL Classifieds customer,

Like everyone else in the country, the management of KSL is profoundly saddened by the tragedy in Connecticut. In the wake of this and other similar incidents, important questions have been raised about the ease of access to guns. These questions deserve time for careful consideration and we are confident that an appropriate resolution will be found. Accordingly, KSL has temporarily suspended firearms listings on KSL.com classifieds. We recognize that this may inconvenience responsible citizens who have used this service, but we feel this is an important step while these broader societal issues are examined.

You have received this message because you currently have at least one listing in the affected categories – as part of this decision your listing has been suspended. If you have paid to feature your listings please reach out to your respective account executive to work through refunds for the remaining days in the month.

We appreciate your patience and understanding while we evaluate our options.

We value your insight, please send feedback to comments@ksl.com I SURELY DID!!!!!!

Thank you.

KSL Classifieds Team

41 mag fan
12-19-2012, 11:17 PM
You're going to see more of this for awhile to come.

GaryN
12-20-2012, 12:00 AM
I emailed them also. I have noticed they have been moving to the left for a while now. That sucks because it was such a good site for gun sales. I liked to look there just for that reason.

Uncle Jimbo
12-20-2012, 12:51 AM
I emailed them also. I have noticed they have been moving to the left for a while now. That sucks because it was such a good site for gun sales. I liked to look there just for that reason.

I too have just gone up to the firearms sales section just to look. Like about every night. Have sold a few gun through it and have bought a few also. And yes I too e-mailed my comments to KSL.

MT Gianni
12-20-2012, 01:19 AM
I think any large entity involved in free firearms listings that could possibly be seen as bypassing registration is watching their backs. If they charged you 10% they have alot more to loose than to gain.

starmac
12-20-2012, 02:44 AM
How about ZIdaho, have they changed anything. Well dadgummit I checked to see how alaskalist is doing an some jerk has put a savage 23d 22hornet on there for 250 bucks.

madman
12-20-2012, 02:15 PM
KSL news sucks any way you look at it. The clasifieds were great I sold a few guns and bought a few it was a good place to look but most of the people were asking way to much for thier guns and the guy that was trying to sell small pistol primers for 45 bucks was just a gouger. Buy it while you can the shortages of guns and ammo, reloading stuff has just started. Thanks to all that voted for him great job!

double8
12-20-2012, 02:21 PM
There comes a time when all GOOD PEOPLE get pushed just a bit too far.......the time is getting nearer I sense.

double8
12-20-2012, 02:25 PM
I think any large entity involved in free firearms listings that could possibly be seen as bypassing registration is watching their backs. If they charged you 10% they have alot more to loose than to gain.

The ads were free......but I'm looking at who supports KSL with their ads and starting my own boycott of those businesses, after confirming their position if I can.

XBT
12-20-2012, 07:12 PM
Here you go guys.

http://utahgunexchange.com/for-release-new-firearms-classifieds-website-fills-void-left-by-ksl/

Doc65
12-20-2012, 07:17 PM
You beat me to it on the utahgunexchange.com link

Doc65
12-20-2012, 07:20 PM
I got the same email from them below is my response, I send a copy of it to everyone I know with instructions to forward as they see fit:

KSL,

While no one denies that what happened is a tragedy, it is however the actions of a sick individual that are tragic not the tool that he used, why are we not talking about outlawing the car he used to get to the school, surely it is as much to blame? He could just as easily have used a machete', a kitchen knife, a golf club(which is after all a sylized version of the first thing primitive man used as a weapon), an/several IED(s)(you might call them pipe bombs) to accomplish his deranged goals, the latter of these would have actually been much more effective & expedient. The firearms that he used were NOT purchased, they were effectively STOLEN. The point here is that a sick individual bent on doing harm to others WILL find a way to do it, regardless of the tools used, a club, a blade, a firearm, a bomb(in the form of pipe, car, whatever).

All this took place in a state with some of the strictest firearms legislation in the nation. Again, no one denies that the purported actions of a janitor trying to spread the word of the attack, or of a teacher in hiding her students then lying to the perpetrator about their location, were brave, even heroic. What might the outcome of this have been however if only one of these heroic ,decent minded adults had the mindset to ACTIVELY protect the children entrusted to their care as well as themselves and the tools to act upon said mindset.

Not wanting to seem callous, but while these deranged individuals are sick, they are typically not stupid. They target what they consider to be a low threat(where they know that no one else will be armed because those decent minded adults are legally forced to be dis-armed ), target rich environment. This can be seen even with a cursory look at where this has happened, a school, a mall, a theatre. All places where either the state or the property owner has forbidden law abiding adults from being armed for the protection of themselves and those in their care.

Your knee jerk reaction to remove firearm advertisements is a sad state of affairs, it demonizes the tool used rather than the demon using it. As I noted above and no one denies, he did NOT buy these firearms, he stole them, so making the LEGAL transfer of a firearm by every day individuals more difficult, will do nothing except in my opinion give you a talking point. While I did use that area, to sell a few items I no longer use, in this case the listing was for a SINGLE shot pistol. I have also used it for automobiles & parts thereof etc, as well as for some of my companies advertising needs(paid). Since the only thing that corporations really understand is the bottom line, I will put this very succinctly; I will be spending those advertising dollars, mine & those of my company, somewhere else from now on.

Very Sincerely,

Dereck R. Bauer

PS. While that SINGLE shot, bolt action, pistol that I had listed in your now defunct ads is about as innocuos as possible, even it, in the hands of someone who knew how to & was willing to use it, would have brought a swift end to this rampage. I am however sure that would not have made regional, let alone national news.

double8
12-21-2012, 08:47 PM
Very well put, Doc65....:drinks: