PDA

View Full Version : White House Petitions

Red Sky
12-17-2012, 02:02 PM
Now more than ever we need to send a message to the government that we will not be content to stand idly by while tyranny of the majority sweeps away our rights (especially from a majority that does not even understand the things they wish to regulate).

Several "stronger gun control" petitions at https://petitions.whitehouse.gov/ have far more signatures than any requesting the protection of our rights. We *NEED* everyone who can possibly spare 5 minutes of their time to create an account and sign petitions requesting protection of our rights in the face of this tragedy. We need TENS OF THOUSANDS more signatures to compete, so please tell EVERYONE you possibly can to sign as well. Thanks!

MtGun44
12-17-2012, 02:08 PM
Better to call your Congressman, tell him/her to hold firm. Petitions are pointless nonsense.

Laws are made by Congress.

Bill

Red Sky
12-17-2012, 02:17 PM
Good point. I've already done that asking them to remain against an assault weapons ban and proposing alternatives if it is unlikely to go in their favor, recommend everyone doing the same as well. The petitions DO serve a purpose, however - they serve as a gauge of public opinion and can be used to fuel sentiment in Congress. Having an opposition there will help to prevent that use.

popper
12-17-2012, 05:22 PM
While you are at it, tell them to NOT extend the spending limitation for another year and find a replacement for Boehner. He will pass anything to keep his job.

19ellis93
12-17-2012, 05:33 PM
Better to call your Congressman, tell him/her to hold firm. Petitions are pointless nonsense.

Laws are made by Congress.

Bill
This ^^^.

shooter93
12-17-2012, 08:31 PM
While I think it's good to wrattle the congressmans cages.....I have a feeling on this one they will listen to us much like they did on Healthcare. They all need tossed out.

B R Shooter
12-18-2012, 08:02 AM
I don't think I would set up an account with the White House, and petition against their policies and such. Why not just invite them to your house?