PDA

View Full Version : Beautiful Day at my house

Dennis Eugene
12-17-2012, 03:04 AM
http://s1120.photobucket.com/albums/l497/youngmaster357/?action=view&current=100_2319.mp4

runfiverun
12-17-2012, 03:08 AM
dangit:
first thing i thought is dennis better not be showing us snow.
sure nuff.
maybe someone from florida can show us some waves lapping at the beach or sumthin.
snow i got.... :lol:

starmac
12-17-2012, 03:32 AM
LOL It wasn't snowing here today, just chilly. I didn't plug a pickup in last night, because we didn't need to go anywhere early today. Big mistake. lol I went to a party on the base this evening and you wasn't going to be standing outside having a beer and a smoke, at least not a whole smoke.

Mooseman
12-17-2012, 03:48 AM
We got a fresh 2 inches of snow , now the temp has dropped to-11 . I have one of the remote on off plugs from Tru-value hardware (On sale now for 7.99) so 1-2 hours before I need to start it I just push a button so it starts the block heaters. Saves Power and outside trips...lol
Yeah , I'm a bit Lazy this time of year !

Rich

starmac
12-17-2012, 04:06 AM
Yea I have a timer I can set to what ever time I want, but at 40 below it needs to be plugged in for a while. lol
I just have the oilpan heaters on this one, you have to nearly pull the motor to install a block heater. lol

We are suppose to get back up to around 10 below tomorrow, then I don't even have to plug it in long at all.

blackthorn
12-17-2012, 01:30 PM
Pictures look like our place this morning. We have about 3" and temps hovering around zero (C) which is about 32 (F). This is the first snow that has stayed on the ground for more than a couple of days this year.

runfiverun
12-17-2012, 02:28 PM
ye-gods i woke up to 8" of the stuff this morning and it hasn't quit yet.
don't nobody come over this way [well you can't anyway the roads and schools are closed]
the snow isn't overly bad it's the 15 mph wind that makes it bad.
littlegirl is stuck over in bancroft at her friends house.
my buddy and his wife are gonna be spending the night in pocatello.
both dogs have camped out on the couch and won't even go near the door.
i think i'll find some reloading to do before the power goes out.

starmac
12-17-2012, 03:28 PM
LOL I woke up to 43 below, it was suppose to be warm today. lol

AkMike
12-17-2012, 04:09 PM
Jeesh I must be in the tropics here! +16 air temp or-8F including the wind factor.

But I'm halfway around the world from home in Ukraine.

1Shirt
12-17-2012, 04:10 PM
Remember waking up one morning at Eielson AFB (near Fairbanks) and hearing the radio station announce that if you lived on the south side of the base (south of X street), the temp was -10 degrees, and if you lived north of that street, the temp was -48 degrees. For those who have never lived in Alaska (and I feel sorry for those who haven't), experiancing a chinook, was a great adventure. Stramac might have to explain to the Cheichooks.
1Shirt!

scottiemom
12-17-2012, 08:16 PM
I grew up in Alaska-Ft.Richardson, near Anchorage. One of my childhood memories was after everyone was in bed and just falling asleep,hearing my mom ask my dad if he remembered to plug in the car. A minute or two later, some mumbling under the breath, footsteps going down the stairs and the front door slamming! I loved it for the 10 years we were there and would not have traded the experience for the world!

starmac
12-17-2012, 08:32 PM
43 below this morning. I had it plugged in and it started fine, but the gauges all went crazy and there were lights flashing I have never seen and bells sounding like morse code that I've never heard. I killed it and restarted it with more of the same, killed it again and put a heater on it for an hour and started it up, same thing but it only lasted a few seconds before it settled down. It act as if something electrical is freezing up????? Anyone have any idea what could cause that on an 03 ford?

41 mag fan
12-17-2012, 11:39 PM
43 below this morning. I had it plugged in and it started fine, but the gauges all went crazy and there were lights flashing I have never seen and bells sounding like morse code that I've never heard. I killed it and restarted it with more of the same, killed it again and put a heater on it for an hour and started it up, same thing but it only lasted a few seconds before it settled down. It act as if something electrical is freezing up????? Anyone have any idea what could cause that on an 03 ford?

Don't know the answer but my 08 did that twice 2 yrs ago. But it was 90* out then. Now mines going on its own from 2wd to 4wd with the switch still in 2wd drive. happened 3 times in the last 6mo.

10x
12-20-2012, 01:58 AM
-25C here tonight. Got the tundra plugged in. I have a remote switch on the block heater as well. There is a 7 watt pilot light hooked into the circuit so I know it has come on and the breaker has not kicked.

starmac
12-20-2012, 03:27 AM
10X, I always thought that peace river country was some beautiful country myself.

x101airborne
12-20-2012, 03:33 AM
And here I am sweating my boolits off in Texas. Say, can I just come over and roll around in your yard for a while?

starmac
12-20-2012, 04:01 AM
Come on, but if you bring that sweat with you, you will freeze fast to the ground, and we won't be able to break you free for a few months. lol

AkMike
12-20-2012, 05:30 AM
And here I am sweating my boolits off in Texas. Say, can I just come over and roll around in your yard for a while?

Starmac,
Ya think tht we should tell 101X about the unique flavor that metal light poles have at -40? It's something that he'll never forget!

10x
12-20-2012, 09:09 AM
10X, I always thought that peace river country was some beautiful country myself.

It is one of the best places in the world to live. (Barring the rather ridiculous and draconian gun laws)
The upside of -35F to -40F in the winter is that it keeps the scum and the riff raff from staying too long.

10x
12-20-2012, 09:17 AM
Starmac,
Ya think tht we should tell 101X about the unique flavor that metal light poles have at -40? It's something that he'll never forget!

Indeed, a metal wagon wheel rim at -40F has a much better taste. I have several polished up for folks to taste when they visit.
I don't whiz on electric fences either..... See that done. I'm very impressed but I wouldn't do it myself.

Sweat is a killer when cold is involved. It is rather funny to watch a guy with warm sweaty hands pick up a cold gun, or cold piece of steel at -35 or -40.

frkelly74
12-20-2012, 09:44 AM
I want to go to a clean uncrowded cooler environment, My wife wants to go where it is hot and crowded. So I guess we are stuck here for a while inbetween. At least it isn't too crowded in Michigan, people are leaving in droves.

runfiverun
12-20-2012, 07:26 PM
if you find a warm uncrowded place let me know.
i'll stay at least 50 yds away so neither of us is bothered.

frkelly74
12-20-2012, 09:18 PM
You do the same, fiver, and it's a deal.

runfiverun
12-20-2012, 10:24 PM
i know where there's lots of warm and uncrowded, unfortunatly it's only that way for about 2-3 months a year.
i know some other ones that have largely extended times of both, but are prohibitively expensive.