PDA

View Full Version : gun control and the news

27judge
12-15-2012, 05:39 PM
The news and net are loaded with more gun control. I believe this time there will be so much anger that we are in for a time like we have never had before. I ask we all stay together with our gun clubs, nra, forums etc we are really going to need it this time. And at the same time pray for those folks and thier familys in Conn.in thier time of need. God Bless America and those familys . tks ken

doctorggg
12-15-2012, 05:45 PM
I agree with you 100% 27Judge. There are over 20,000 gun laws on the books. Enforcement of the current ones would help.

41 mag fan
12-15-2012, 06:22 PM
Sad part of this all, beside the death of th kids and school officials, is like 1 gun owner told me,m you cant blame someone who doesn't have guns or an interest in guns to want more gun control.
It's not that they are ignorant but they just don't understand the benefits of gun ownership in these times.
Now the true anti guns are a totally different story. You could fart wrong and they'll want your guns taken away for it.

Mal Paso
12-15-2012, 07:25 PM
Schools, theaters, and anyplace guns are restricted are ripe targets for sickos.

The current laws Are Not Working! Government does Not have everything covered and it's time for us to demand a share of the responsibility for our communities.

I'm not going to be "sensitive" to people who want to make things worse.

The Bad Guys went there BECAUSE there were no guns.

dragon813gt
12-15-2012, 07:35 PM
There was an article in USA Today yesterday, well online anyway, that was about how Gun Free Zones are a failure that provide a false sense of security. I was surprised to find that they published it in the midst of what was going on yesterday. It still shows up in google if you search for; USA today gun free zones. It's worth the read. I only hope that people who are on the fence read articles like that and come around to common sense.

Brought to you by TapaTalk.

Blacksmith
12-15-2012, 07:56 PM
Now would be a good time, if you can afford it, to send a donation to the NRA ILA, 2nd Amendment Foundation and other organizations who fight for our rights. We are going to need all the help we can get.

Gibson
12-15-2012, 07:59 PM
^^This.

wv109323
12-15-2012, 07:59 PM
First let us remember all the families that are involved in prayer. Such a cowardly act would be hard to accept as a parent or relative.
I agree that this will rev up the anti-gunners and I do not know if we have Congressmen that will stand up for us or not. They may not want to take another black eye like they are getting on the "physical cliff".
But on the other hand if someone tried to shot a student in Israel what do you think would happen? Remember a couple years ago when Arabs went berserk in heavy pieces of equipment. They were killed almost immediately by armed citizens. I think that happened twice. You don't hear about that ever happening again.

shooter93
12-15-2012, 08:14 PM
I saw one late night "news" show about the shooting and they had a retired FBI agent who profiled etc. talking about the shooting. He explained various things about the killers ailment/issues....whatever you want to call them.....and he ended saying.....you can't blame the firearms. They had nothing to do with the crime. I told my wife......you will never see that guy in front of a camera again.

Gibson
12-15-2012, 08:29 PM
I see a lot of these analyst types that want to explain him in terms of a malady. I am uncertain as to his history but am certain about one thing. Evil exists. I am also certain that evil has always existed. And finally I am certain that evil is coeval with man.

Somehow we have become a society of the blameless. So often we blame inanimate objects or ill defined maladies. Certainly mental illness exists in the world as does physical. For me, I just do not start to immediately look for it as explanatory. My supposition is someone who does what this vile animal has done is evil. If it later comes to light that he is profoundly mentally ill or physically ill (e.g. a brain tumor) then I reassess.

Far too many of these charlatans with an agenda show up in the various media and start evaluating his mental ills.

I agree with the above, sit back and send up some prayers for the families and victims. Let the scumbags dance in the blood.

After mourning then be ready to stand united.

We may disagree and we may battle it out here BUT we have to put personalities aside and stand as one against the coming onslaught.

God bless you all

Wayne Smith
12-15-2012, 08:57 PM
Has anybody mentioned his age? He had two handguns - both illegal by definition. He wasn't old enough to have them legally. He didn't use the one gun he had legally, the rifle found in his car.

He knew what he did was wrong, so he was not legally insane in most areas. He killed himself because he knew it was wrong. He may be, and I would likely say probably be, psychotic. That is not adequate in itself to account for his behavior - there was also something going on in the family as well.

We may never no.

Hickory
12-15-2012, 10:15 PM
I think that if and when any new legislation comes through it will
curtail our gun rights to a greater extent then it did in 1994.

Look for them to go after all semi-auto firearms, pump rifles and shotguns.

This is a dream come true for the left, and some on the right as well.:holysheep

GREENCOUNTYPETE
12-15-2012, 10:59 PM
My sympathies to the families involved

we do however know for a fact that when a person , organization , or government wants to commit a terrorist act they look for the population least capable of defending it's self.

criminals look for easy victims with high profit

terrorists look for opportunities to inflict maximum damage for minimal risk of failure

the answer to stopping terrorist acts before they can be completed , is to have boots on the ground in positions where a stopping act can occur in seconds , not minutes , terrorist acts only last minutes

the only way to have that many boots on the ground is to have everyone feet count , back to the intent of our for fathers that we would look out for each other , an armed society is a polite society because all the checks and balances are in place.

guns were already prohibited , the strictest gun control in the country all ready in place , evil will find a way.

the only way to prevent a terrorist act from completion is to stop it with fast response citizen soldier shouldn't just be a army national guard marketing campaign

Israel has shown us how it works , they used it to stop the terror attacks on their school children, and it can save ours also.

Like the teachers , administrators , and staff that died trying to protect 6 and 7 year old kids , very few who carry daily and take the responsibility seriously would hesitate to use their gun to defend children from such an attack , and this is why these attacks take place where these good people are prohibited from carrying the tools of defense the sword of the day.

Mumblypeg
12-15-2012, 11:39 PM
Just outlaw crazy people! That would solve the problem. Keep the guns.

xs11jack
12-16-2012, 01:44 AM
Isn't it funny that the obamaites want God out of the schools, government, and various other places, but now they are a whining and nash their teeth and crying, where was God?? They want to blame God,and not have to take the blame themselves. If one or two adults there had had hand guns there would be no deaths of babies. But no... they proudly enforce No Gun Zones around schools and they end up getting the babies killed. So now the government will punish us, the "Gun Nuts" that caused all this. Banning fire arms is the only thing that they will do, because the liberals will not abandon the No Gun Zone and other stupid laws and because it is easy, just pass a bunch of laws and get back to the business of getting reelected again. In Isreal they arm the school staff and when 5 terrorist tried to raid a school, all five were dead in less that 30 seconds. That kind of security will never happen over here.
Ole Jack

starmac
12-16-2012, 03:00 AM
Not funny at all Jack, but a very serious reality.

10x
12-16-2012, 09:32 AM
The news media is biased. There are hundreds of millions of cartridges fired safely and legally every year. There is never a mention of that in the media. One, miscreant goes on a shooting spree and the anti gun owner media smear, blame, and want to punish every gun owner in North America. Freedom of Speech in the news media is about printing the truth, not promoting hate and bigotry against an identifiable gr group.

The fact that only bad things that people do with guns and not the good things show a nasty bias in the media.
When a CCW permit holder stops a crime it seldom gets media attention.

But when a madman does a horrific act the media is there smearing the blood of the victims on all those who own guns.

27judge
12-16-2012, 11:49 AM
Maybe this should be our answer to all the anti-gun crowd .All people everywhere should have the right to protect themselves and thier familys. People of this country should be allowed to apply for a ccw permit and pass very strick requirements to obtaine one including on range site training. Then it would be every persons option as to carry . Maybe just mayge if one of these ladies in conn had a legal gun in her purse she could have made a difference even if a small one in the outcome .It is impossible to defend yourself and your family standing with a stick in your hand ,if ony the anti gun crowd would realize this and allow more people to amm themselves maybe just maybe this type of senseless killing will stop.A deterent is not a new gun law , the ones we have had no bearing on this outcome at all tks ken

wallenba
12-16-2012, 11:54 AM
The anti-gun lobby will push very hard NOW, so that in the immediate aftermath we will look bad, by appearing to put our interests ahead of mourning the dead in this tragedy. We won't be able to defend our point of view without being made to look unsympathetic.

10x
12-16-2012, 12:08 PM
The anti-gun lobby will push very hard NOW, so that in the immediate aftermath we will look bad, by appearing to put our interests ahead of mourning the dead in this tragedy. We won't be able to defend our point of view without being made to look unsympathetic.

When the media blames you and your guns for this honorific event then it is time to call the media on their hate for the gun owners who did not commit this crime.

Ben
12-16-2012, 12:19 PM
CT has stringent gun laws already.............Did those tough gun laws save a single one of the 26 lives on Friday.....NO !

Why will more stringent gun laws save any lives ?

When we are unable to protect ourselves, we will be lambs ready for the slaughter.

The only thing that kept someone from climbing in your window last night at 2 mph was the though that they may go back out that same window at 200 mph.

Ben

MtGun44
12-16-2012, 08:04 PM
Gun control COSTS lives, does NOT save lives.

All these mass killings ALWAYS occur in gun free zones. Inverse correlation between
ease of gun ownership and crime rate.

Bill

Idaho Mule
12-16-2012, 11:55 PM
I have read many of these threads about the CT. shootings. First off, my heart goes out to those that suffered and lost, it is an absolute tragedy. The one good thing about this case is that the disturbed individual that caused the mayhem decided to kill himself. The authorities will have to investigate the heck out of this, but the bottom line is WE are not paying to keep the sorry case alive in some prison. I think personally that one of our biggest problems is one word that I see used all the time. ALLEGEDLY. When a person is witnessed, many times by several people, committing a crime, they are "alleged" to have comitted said. I call BS. They are flat out guilty and should be punished. Take that dope that shot up the Army base in Texas and killed 13 ? I think. Alleged?? my aching butt. The idiot that went wild at the WallMart in AZ. killing how many?? ALLEGEDLY??? Come one people. If they made a deterant to crimes such as that this would be a better place and we could save vast amounts of money. Knock the idiot in the head and throw 'em in a ditch, save all us taxpayers a bunch. Sorry for the rant there, just my 2 cents worth I guess. JW