PDA

View Full Version : It's all intuitive.-B.S.

Pepe Ray
12-14-2012, 01:48 AM
That's all I've heard from the P.C./Net boosters.
After years of frustration and defeat I've come to realize that what they meant was that to manuever thru a web site you needed a crystal ball. There is no direction, no buttons, labled or otherwise. Vendors don't actually care about selling a product. Their only goal is to delight is in hearing the screams of frustration.
Only the degree of intuition displayed by Mandrake or Merlin will allow one to find his way thru the maze of misleading or unnecessary paths to nowhere.
That's my story and ISTI.
Crazy Pepe the blubbering boob.

ROGER4314
12-14-2012, 03:06 AM
You hit the nail on the head! The same thing goes for those automated phone systems that mess you around until you give up trying to talk to someone! They put you into a loop until you simply quit and hang up!

I'm a peace loving man but I have my limits. Computers and phone systems drive me nuts!

Flash

btroj
12-14-2012, 08:43 AM
They may drive you nuts but they aren't going away any time soon. We can learn to cope with technology or we can learn to live without it.

You must be at least a bit computer savy, you found this site!

ROGER4314
12-14-2012, 09:43 AM
Before retiring, I taught computer aided drafting/design (CAD) and computer research among other subjects. I use computers and need them in my daily life. I keep in touch with the World and read voraciously. I research and quit buying books as they become obsolete before they even come up for sale.

That being said, nothing in my life has caused me to curse more than a blasted computer! If I could function without them.....I would. I can't start my car, set the thermostat in the house, have hot water or use a microwave oven without dealing with a computer. There's no escape!

Flash

Beerd
12-14-2012, 10:48 AM
Mandrake?

How old are you anyway? :-)

Hamish
12-14-2012, 11:02 AM
Mandrake?
How old are you anyway? :-)

Looking for a cane welt are we?

waksupi
12-14-2012, 03:01 PM
If you are talking about the vendor section here, I do believe it is up to them to keep things up to date, and easy to find. If they don't, oh, well.

Pepe Ray
12-31-2012, 03:24 PM
FYI;
I was correct!!!
My frustration was because the people/person in charge of the web site hadn't completed there job.
There was NO WAY I could purchase the product thru the site.
After relinquishing my white knuckle grip from the computor chair, I took a sip of my blood pressure meds and contemplated my next move. I resolved to determin just how ignorant I was OR could I be correct. The simplest method I could think of was to revisit the site and continue my efforts to purchase.
After 4 or 5 visits over the next 2 weeks I hit paydirt. They finaly added a path to the credit card window or menue or whatever.
Pepe Ray

walltube
12-31-2012, 07:12 PM
Beerd,

Yes, Mandrake the Magician. With his ever present and able Negro assistant, Lothar. That's who! ;>)

Pepe Ray,
Relax, chill out. The internet was hailed as the "Information Super-Highway". More like a muddy, rutted road to despair and mis-information for those of us brought up with the printed word. My torture came to an end when I 'hired' a twelve yr. old grandchild to lead me from the darkness. More of a translator if you will. I now no longer curse the darkness. But will curse the commercial sites that toy with my feelings. May I say "Information Super-Highway" road rage? Amlodopine! There, I feel so much better now...:>)

Regards,
Wt.

Ed Barrett
01-01-2013, 12:14 AM
There are to kinds of software 1; User friendly and 2; user vicious. The second is far more common than the first.

gkainz
01-01-2013, 01:25 PM
User friendly software is a misnomer because most software designers believe they are infinitely smarter than the subject matter experts, ie the users. Hence, you get software that makes you use it the way it was designed, not vice versa.
Yeah, I'm a software engineer.

Ed Barrett
01-01-2013, 05:28 PM
User friendly software is a misnomer because most software designers believe they are infinitely smarter than the subject matter experts, ie the users. Hence, you get software that makes you use it the way it was designed, not vice versa.
Yeah, I'm a software engineer.

I was a System Analyst With RCA, many years ago. I had a method that I used that made the interface programmers run up the wall. I would get "virgins" who weren't familiar with computers, if they could use the application without a problem, I considered it ready to ship. We had many versions before anything went out the door, but we got very few complaints from users.

DCM
01-01-2013, 08:34 PM
You hit the nail on the head! The same thing goes for those automated phone systems that mess you around until you give up trying to talk to someone! They put you into a loop until you simply quit and hang up!

I'm a peace loving man but I have my limits. Computers and phone systems drive me nuts!

Flash

Automated phone systems usually make me automtically wish I could put that system downrange!! :twisted:

Computers do the same at times but not as automatic.

William Yanda
01-01-2013, 09:02 PM
Didja ever try pressing "zero" repeatedly. That often gets you to a human contact. Tried it today with Evilbay. Worked again

Mal Paso
01-01-2013, 09:28 PM
Think things are bad now? ................... Try Windows 8

gkainz
01-01-2013, 09:36 PM
Seen it - takes "stupid" to a whole new level. I refuse to upgrade my work system from XP - but really it's just a putty host to get to all my Unix servers.