PDA

View Full Version : What top punch for an old Lyman/Ideal #225096 .22 cal semi RN mould ???

10 Spot Terminator
12-13-2012, 10:50 PM
Checked the Ol Buffalo chart and found the mould but no refererences to top punches. It is of course a .22 cal with a semi RN fast taper point. It is very similar in the nose to the new Mihec #227-65 mould of which I am wanting to size some casts given me. There is a Saeco .22 cal mould out there with a #211 punch that may be of the right configuration as well but I dont know if they would fit in a Lyman 450 lubesizer. If all else fails who makes the blanks that you can do the hot glue custom sizer trick with ??? Apprecite any guidance you may give folks.

10 Spot

.22-10-45
12-14-2012, 02:41 AM
Now thats an oldie you don't hear much of today! I have that mould in a single cavity. As for top punch..you could use an oversized one & fill with epoxy with release agent on bullet nose for custom fit.

HARRYMPOPE
12-14-2012, 02:43 AM
the #462 works fine on my 22596.If the TP leaves a little mark no worry.

George

10 Spot Terminator
12-14-2012, 05:17 AM
Thanks guys but wouldnt you know it being Christmas time and all I shot a message off to Mihec Moulds and just before 1:00 am he replied that he would send one to me for the mold. I had heard Miha was a pretty decent fella but that was above and beyond the call. I had asked if his top punch crossed over to a Lyman or RCBS # and if not were they available to sell seperately. I wasnt looking for a gift but he wanted to help and I am very grateful to him . In the true spirit of the season,,, " Merry Christmas everyone " !!!

10 Spot