PDA

View Full Version : Clark?

USARO4
06-26-2007, 05:17 PM
Does anyone know what happened to Clark? He was infamous on several different reloading forums for his way over the top loads. He posted a few times here, did he get banned or finally injure himself? He was an interesting if somewhat scarey guy. I hope he's OK and continuing his research.

45nut
06-26-2007, 05:24 PM
not banned, just MIA since last year.

imashooter2
06-26-2007, 05:56 PM
I haven't seen him post on any of the boards I frequent for quite some time. Probably more than a year...

dmftoy1
06-26-2007, 06:30 PM
I'm pretty sure I've seen posts from him in the last 30 days on THR. FWIW.

454PB
06-27-2007, 12:21 AM
I thought about him when 44man was fighting Lil'Gun in a .357 magnum. Some time back he posted on another board that he rigged up a "cruncher" mechanism to force 26 gr. of Lil'Gun in a .357 case, then seated a 158 gr. bullet. He reported that the velocity was lower than the the starting loads, which I think was 15 gr.

I sure hope he's well and still experimenting....I get a real kick out of his experiments.

imashooter2
06-27-2007, 06:29 AM
I thought about him when 44man was fighting Lil'Gun in a .357 magnum. Some time back he posted on another board that he rigged up a "cruncher" mechanism to force 26 gr. of Lil'Gun in a .357 case, then seated a 158 gr. bullet. He reported that the velocity was lower than the the starting loads, which I think was 15 gr.

I sure hope he's well and still experimenting....I get a real kick out of his experiments.

I remember that. He had been posting on the load for months... filled the case, compressed it, filled it again and compressed it again. It must have been hard as diamonds! From recoil and blast he was predicting all sorts of velocity, then he ran it over a chronograph and was bitterly disappointed.

Don't forget his "mag" revolvers are Colt Police Positives rechambered with a straight reamer!

Andy_P
06-27-2007, 07:10 AM
He's around and active. I too appreciate his experiments. He's one of the 1/10th of 1% out there who does anything original, and approaches everything he does scientifically, and with forethought, and has busted quite a few myths.

Even though he provides disclaimers, uses his guns, his eyes, etc. he draws a lot of criticisim and has been banned from at least one forum. I get a big kick out of the prudes (the kind who check 10 books for every load and choose the lowest starting load they find for "safety") - all you need is one Moderator like that and fresh thought goes down the potty.