PDA

View Full Version : Cancer treatment

crazy mark
12-12-2012, 11:59 PM
Down to the 3 shots a week now. low amount and much easier on the body. 12 more months max for these shots. Still no sign of any more melanoma.

Olevern
12-14-2012, 07:31 AM
Good to hear your body is responding to the treatments. Don't know from personal experience, but have been told that much of the battle is in the outlook and determination. Keep your head up and stay as active as you can given your physical condition. A positive outlook is of great value.

Prayers sent up.

blessings,
vern

Rick N Bama
12-14-2012, 08:59 AM
WOW! I guess I need to thank my lucky stars & my dermatologist for spotting the melanoma I had 2 years ago on my left ear lobe. She spotted it on a routine visit, then a week later I had the surgery which got it all first time around. No Radiation or Chemo, just a visit every 3 months to be rechecked.

I hope you continue doing well.

Rick

Goatwhiskers
12-14-2012, 09:16 AM
Mark, mine was a 3yr episode with one on my right ear, wound up losing the whole darn thing plus some other rooting around on my neck. Next May makes 5yrs clear. Did wind up with some side effects. They gave me interferon every day for a month then 3x a week for several months at home, in my case developed a neuropathy from the stuff which has been going on for several years, have trouble walking. I give thanks to the Lord every day for bringing me thru it. Goat

crazy mark
12-14-2012, 10:20 PM
took 17 years for my melanoma to show back up. While doesn't happen that often it does happen. Keep having tests done for melanoma as I was lucky that my recurrance was found in the early sage. Stage 2.

fatelk
12-15-2012, 03:55 AM
Glad to hear it's gone; hope it stays that way permanently this time.:)
It was good to see you at the show.

crazy mark
12-17-2012, 12:29 AM
fatelk, we need to get together if you have to move. I ate normally finally this week-end. Food sure can still taste good. Mark