PDA

View Full Version : Another shooting at a mall in Portland Oregon

waco
12-11-2012, 10:13 PM
Around 3:30 this afternoon, a gunman entered the Clackamas Town Center and opened fire. Three confirmed dead, including the shooter.
Details still sketchy.
My thoughts and prayers to the victims, and their families.
Way to close to home, again...

hickfu
12-11-2012, 10:19 PM
Thats right by where my brother lives. I sure hope he got his permit to carry concealed!
Prayers for the family's of the victims.

Doc

NSP64
12-11-2012, 10:26 PM
I heard on the news this afternoon that maybe Illinois will get concealed carry permits sometime next year

waco
12-11-2012, 10:29 PM
You would like to think that in small towns, like where I live, you are safe.
Anymore, I never leave the house without my gun.
I wish more responsible people had CCW.

cbrick
12-11-2012, 10:37 PM
Three confirmed dead, including the shooter.

So there are two dead people then huh?

I haven't had the news on tonight and hadn't heard. The anti gun nuts are already going berzeerk over that football nut job last week.

Rick

waco
12-11-2012, 10:42 PM
Yeah Cbrick. Two dead, and the scumbag offed himself.

Benjlan
12-11-2012, 10:44 PM
I don't believe we are safe anywhere. We need to practice, always carry, and expect the unexpected.

rpervin
12-12-2012, 02:10 AM
I have carried for 30 years. I will admit that I carried illegally for quite some while before we had concealed carry permits in Tennessee. I live outside of Memphis and I work in the outskirts of the city. It is entirely too dangerous to go into town without a firearm. If we lived in a perfect world, this would be unnecessary. But realists understand the world. I pray for the victims in this latest atrocity. You guys keep your powder dry.

willy3
12-12-2012, 08:04 AM
I was just in a large Mall last Saturday in Columbus, Ohio and wondered if any of the thousands of people who were there were off their nut for the day... Lots and lots of strange looking people walking around. Maybe too many years as a LEO but whenever I see someone talking to themselves, I wonder what the "other" person is saying.. And no way to return fire with so many innocents in harms way. I hate crowds..

41 mag fan
12-12-2012, 08:19 AM
Don't care if its legal or not to carry concealed in the state I'm in at the time. Mine and my familes protection supercedes any state law....period.

blackthorn
12-12-2012, 01:20 PM
Quote "Lots and lots of strange looking people walking around. Maybe too many years as a LEO but whenever I see someone talking to themselves, I wonder what the "other" person is saying.."

Used to be someone talking to themselves was a pretty good indicatation that their elevator did not go all the way to the top--BUT-- nowadays most of those "strange looking people" are just talking on a hands free cell phone and you are right to wonder "what the other person is saying". What aggravates me is the idiot that uses a cell in a restaurant and thinks he/she has to talk loud enough that they really did'nt need the phone in the first place! On topic--at least the shooter had the good graces to save the taxpayer the cost of a trial.