PDA

View Full Version : Backlog of shooting

GP100man
12-11-2012, 12:28 AM
:violin:

Guys I gotta take time to test & tune & have fun !!!

This is the most boolits that`s ever been on my bench ready to load !!!

But I`m glad to be working !!!

http://i746.photobucket.com/albums/xx110/GP100man/102_1213.jpg

btroj
12-11-2012, 10:01 AM
That is all? That isn't a backlog, that is just a good start. You need to get casting.

9.3X62AL
12-11-2012, 10:10 AM
Having work is a good thing, for sure. I have the loading and casting pretty much caught up, but have other projects keeping the dull times to a minimum at present. Smelting my last remaining feral WWs is an on-again/off-again matter, and getting some work done on project guns that irritate me with their misbehavior has taken center stage lately. I'm surprised at the total weight of ingots from the smelt......dunno if I'll ever find the bottom of that 15-gallon barrel. If I never have to move that $%$#@& again, I've accomplished something--and gained domesticated boolit metal in the bargain. Win/win.

captaint
12-11-2012, 11:49 AM
In Sept/Oct I tried to (like most of you, I'm sure) cast up what I should need for the winter stretch. Have lots, like 30 lbs of 45's and 20 or so lbs of 9mm. Might have enough 38 wadcutters to get me through. Now, I just have to dedicate myself and get out and shoot the dang stuff. enjoy Mike

mdevlin53
12-11-2012, 12:04 PM
I noticed the 4 boolits up on the shelf. I get them too, somehow you cast lube and size up a batch and there always seems to be a couplr that are left over. i have one that has been sitting on my bench for about a year. sometimes when i get the mood to clean the bench they get put away or piched on top of the pot.
On the bench, thats way more orderly than mine makes me want to do a little housecleaning this weekend.

Jack Stanley
12-11-2012, 08:33 PM
That is all? That isn't a backlog, that is just a good start. You need to get casting.

I'm with btroj , you're just barely getting started . Two years ago when I retired I decided to use up all the leftover scraps and odd balls of leftover bullets runs from the preceding twenty plus years . It took me nearly ten thousand primers and I don't know how much powder but at least now I'm able to start warming up molds again .

The mission will soon be to fill all the empty cases I have .

That is a nice setup you have though .

Jack