PDA

View Full Version : CAst boolit question for those who might have suggestions ablut reloading for Nagant

milsurpaddict
12-10-2012, 07:45 PM
Hello everyone.

I want to start off by saying yes I know who the Nagantman is and yes I have watched all his videos and yes I have emailed him multiple times. He is either very busy or he is not answering his email. Now with that being said I am going to load 32-20 Starline, I did file down my abutment piece on my revolver and I am now wondering which boolit I can use? I was wondering if MOLD DC 311-100-2R would be a proper size. What would be your suggestions?

Thanks

Milsurpaddict

mac60
12-12-2012, 12:02 AM
In my opinion you're on the right track. I'd slug the bore and size accordingly, but that mould ought to be fine. The "gas seal" feature on these guns is highly overrated and using .32-20 brass is by far the path of least resistance.

root
12-12-2012, 11:51 AM
I am on the same quest as you.

So far I have the gun 28 rnds of factory ammo. ( not impressed)
100 Pcs. of new unfired 32-20 starline brass from dillion.

Still need the dies. ( this weekend I think/hope) and to get the barrel threaded for my suppressor.

So far I have a 60 Grn .312 double cavity mold from lee that I cast about 200 from so far.
I still need to slug the barrel though. ( have two rifles and this 1895 pistol to slug) so I'm going to do them all together.

I plan on pushing the 60 grn. .312 with 1 grn of blue dot or unique to start minus the suppressor. and work up from there. Then back down. and find out if it's keyholing and what the groups are.
Then get another mold in .312 ( depending on the bore slug outcome.) and work up the boolit weight same as powder charge.

This is more something for me to tinker with as a toy and one more gun to suppress.

The video of my model can on a 1895 from the SWR Mfg.
Numbers don't lie and he's using Mil. Spec. sound equipment for testing.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dqi9q3BWNvA

rond
12-12-2012, 12:46 PM
I have used the Lee 90 gr. SWC with .32-20 cases.