PDA

View Full Version : It Snowed Here TOO!

km101
12-10-2012, 10:48 AM
Well you guys in Minnesota and Michigan and the Dakotas have nothing on us! It snowed here in N. Texas. I dont have to go up to 7,500 ft to get snow, it's right here at the 512 ft level. LOL Not much of a snow by your standards up north, (about enough to cover the roof of the car), but as far as I am concerned it is all I want or need. I can watch it from the window, take pictures, and be sure that it will be gone by the weekend. The perfect snow! Now I'm glad I bought that firewood!

historicfirearms
12-10-2012, 10:51 AM
I just spent an hour shoveling my driveway. My kids love the snow, but the older I get, the less I like winter. If I could talk the wife into moving down south, I would be there in a heartbeat.

oneokie
12-10-2012, 10:53 AM
The weather forecasters finally got one right, eh?

fishhawk
12-10-2012, 10:54 AM
I been shoveling for the past 2 hours and not done yet. I don't mind the cold but I really hate snow the older I get

FISH4BUGS
12-10-2012, 11:01 AM
I been shoveling for the past 2 hours and not done yet. I don't mind the cold but I really hate snow the older I get

That is why the good Lord invented snowblowers!....or kids.....

cbrick
12-10-2012, 11:20 AM
I saw the very first snow flurries this morning in N. Arkansas, didn't amount to anything but the first of the year.

When you wake up to a foot or more of new snow and have to get to work is a real bummer. Waking up and finding a new snow fall doesn't have much meaning for me anymore, it's wonder being RETIRED. I think I'll throw a log on the fire and take a nap. :mrgreen:

Rick

zuke
12-10-2012, 11:47 AM
So far we've received 4 inch's, and it's still falling.

km101
12-10-2012, 01:30 PM
I saw the very first snow flurries this morning in N. Arkansas, didn't amount to anything but the first of the year.

When you wake up to a foot or more of new snow and have to get to work is a real bummer. Waking up and finding a new snow fall doesn't have much meaning for me anymore, it's wonder being RETIRED. I think I'll throw a log on the fire and take a nap. :mrgreen:

Rick

My sentiments exactly! The cat and I are in the recliner in front of the fire, and we may stay here until lunch. The after lunch we'll probably both take a nap. Then I may go out to the shop and reload some ammo. Retirement is GREAT!! Let it show, I dont care.

blackthorn
12-10-2012, 01:44 PM
We retired on 1.8 acres on the North Thompson river in Kamloops BC. We have about a 100 yard drive way (up hill from the road). After we moved here I made friends with the guy who runs the local service station and he has a bunch of toys (canper, enclosed car trailer, snowmobile(s)/trailer, and he has a plow on his work truck. We struck a deal---storage space for some of his toys and he plows the drive whenever it needs it!!! NO shoveling for me!

41 mag fan
12-10-2012, 02:48 PM
I just spent an hour shoveling my driveway. My kids love the snow, but the older I get, the less I like winter. If I could talk the wife into moving down south, I would be there in a heartbeat.

You all can keep the snow. Yesterday it was 60* with thunderstorms, today its barely 31*.

You'd like the winters south, till summer hit and it's more humid than hot out...thats when you'll be saying...hunny wanna move back north??!!!

starmac
12-10-2012, 04:44 PM
Well it got plumb tropical here yesterday, and got up to 9 above and snowing. We need the snow, but hope it doesn't get too much warmer. lol

GOPHER SLAYER
12-10-2012, 04:58 PM
I just checked and it is 72% in the shade on our patio.

Freightman
12-10-2012, 06:56 PM
We got snow also about like dusting flour on a pan still see the grass through it. it was 10 deg though and I get to stand out and walk kids across a busy street for 45 min in the morning and 45min in the afternoon, and the city pays me to do it.

rexherring
12-10-2012, 07:12 PM
Had the snowblower going yesterday morning to clear the driveway and the elder neighbor lady's drive and sidewalks. It was a balmy -6 below with a -27 wind chill. I do miss Summer.

Smitty's Retired
12-10-2012, 07:44 PM
KM101, jeesch, if your area is like mine, all your stores are now out of "Bread" and "Milk". Seems like if it just comes a dusting of snow around here, people go stupid. LOL We have a running joke in my family, each time it snows, we always say everybody is running to the store to get their "Milk Sandwich" supplies.

starmac
12-10-2012, 07:44 PM
That is why the good Lord invented snowblowers!....or kids.....

I don't think the lord invented snow blowers, he just gave some guy that didn't like shovels the brains to invent them. lol

firefly1957
12-10-2012, 07:53 PM
About 3 inches here it is melting from the ground up I am near Harrison Michigan.

km101
12-10-2012, 09:16 PM
KM101, jeesch, if your area is like mine, all your stores are now out of "Bread" and "Milk". Seems like if it just comes a dusting of snow around here, people go stupid. LOL We have a running joke in my family, each time it snows, we always say everybody is running to the store to get their "Milk Sandwich" supplies.

Yep, people standing in line at the grocery store. It is weird that snow seems to make people think of milk and bread. But it warmed up to 45 and and the snow is gone already! That's OK, I'm still going to make a Big pot of stew! That's MY snow day meal.

Wayne Smith
12-10-2012, 09:46 PM
It was up to 68 degrees here today, a good day cause we had a new furnace and AC unit installed, almost. They have a little left to do tomorrow, like the vent for the gas furnace and connections to be soldered. Supposed to get into the 40's tonite, so I laid a fire in the fireplace for tomorrow AM, just in case. Still have hot water, so that's not a problem.

JonB_in_Glencoe
12-10-2012, 10:03 PM
No travel yesterday.
I use a ATV with plow to move snow.
I moved snow yesterday,
I moved snow again this morning before leaving for work.
traveled to work on county roads...25 MPH max.
No one around, just super slick.
I got home from work.
I moved snow again...just enough to get into the driveway and in the garage with the car,
I'm off work tomorrow, I finish the "cleanup" of snow around the yard.
snow depth of this storm, somewhere be between 10" and 20"
the blowing and drifting is what made for repeated plowings.
now it's well below Zero,
I guess winter is here.
Jon

popper
12-11-2012, 02:34 PM
So funny I had to post this.

1Shirt
12-11-2012, 05:21 PM
Wish we had some snow here. None so far this year that stayed on the ground. We need the moisture badly, as we are already in a drought posture. Have the snowblower tuned up and readiy!
1Shirt!

JonB_in_Glencoe
12-11-2012, 05:27 PM
Sunrise...the morning after.
http://i640.photobucket.com/albums/uu127/JonB_in_Glencoe/1971truckinsnow.jpg

Smitty's Retired
12-11-2012, 06:12 PM
Beautiful picture. Nice pickup there JonB. When it ever snows here, I just turtle in and keep some coffee on along with some soup.